Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question phpbb3 to Kunena

More
14 years 6 months ago #71 by Krycek
Replied by Krycek on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Falsinfab,

If you have twice the same username with 2 IDs or opposite, that'd be tricky, indeed...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #72 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
phpBB has different rules for matching usernames than Joomla.. :(

More
14 years 6 months ago #73 by Krycek
Well, here, point is to match them manually... so it's up to his eyes :)

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #74 by falsinfab
Replied by falsinfab on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
No way. I tried in a lot of mode but I always have the same duplikate key error. I don't have any duplicated user, I checked. Just for test I tried to delete the PRIMARY KEY attribute from the "jos_fb_users" table for allow duplicate key. After this modify the query execute without error but at the end I find in the list of kunena users a lot of duplicate users id, probably this is the cause of the error but is very strange. I suspect I made some mistake during the porting phase where I need to use Excel for match the users list. Maybe I didn't understand well the actions I have to do, someone can explain me better how I sould do using Excel for user matching operation?
Thank you
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by falsinfab.

More
14 years 6 months ago #75 by Krycek
Falsinfab,

How many users do you have to migrate ?

Did you checked if the posts where linked to the right author or not ?

More
14 years 6 months ago #76 by falsinfab
Hi,

Thank you for your support. The users to migrate are around 100. I don't know how to make the check you asked but maybe you are referring to check after the migration? (in the kunena forum just imported?).

More
14 years 6 months ago #77 by Krycek
Exactly.

I made the same kind of migration, somehow 100 users and it worked perfetly with my mentionned method... Sorry to say that, but I don't understand why it doesn't work.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #78 by falsinfab
Hi again,

I'm tring to repeat the entire process step by step however there is a point in the described process that I don't understane very well. The go.php script imported all the forum categories and post into my kunena db and also created all the users (my starting Joomla have only the administrator user) into Kunena and Joomla. At the end of this operation I have the same users between Joomla and Kunena syncronized with the same ids thta why I need to execute the first query? (the query return me the error). From what I understand from the description this query allow to syncronize Kunena users with Joomla users but in my case it seem they are already syncronized (same id in Joomla and Kunena) that what is the purpose of this query?

UPDATE `jos_fb_users`,`test_mig_users_id`
SET `jos_fb_users`.`userid`= `test_mig_users_id`.`final_jos_id`
WHERE `jos_fb_users`.`userid`=`test_mig_users_id`.`former_phpbb3_id`;
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by falsinfab.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79 by Krycek
Here's the point, if they are already sync, that's perfect. No need for SQL queries, you can step up to the next stage. :=)

More
14 years 6 months ago #80 by falsinfab
Yes, in my last test I executed only the second query but I realized that if the user are already sinconyzed this query change the association user link to user profile in incorrect mode, now I'll try again without executes the queries. I noted (but it was only a fast check) that also the number of post associated to every user seem correct, is it possible?

I found only another problem. In some of the post I'm importing there are some japanese message (written with kanji) and into Kunena I see only some "????" instead of kanji. I checked the tables charset and I found that kunena table have sweedish charset instead of unicode. I searched into the forum and I found some other people have the same problem but I didn't understand very well what is the way to fix it, I must to chaneg manually the charset associated to any table field manually or there is some other way to fix it?
Thank you again for the friendly support. ;)

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds