Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question phpbb3 to Kunena

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #111 by Mark0100
Replied by Mark0100 on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Hi developers

my know how in PHP is not very good so I really need your help.

For an expert in PHP development must this very easy.

in the PDF-File in the attachment I wrote what I need to convert the Attachments from phpbb3 to Kunena.

Gruß Mark
Pickup-Wohnkabinen-Forum Kunena 4.0.7
Chevy-Forum Kunena 3.0.8
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Mark0100.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #112 by Juraus
Replied by Juraus on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Help please!

I'm trying to convert (with go.php) but conversion stops here:
Code:
Importing data from phpBB Connecting to Database... OK Populating Categories... OK OK Populating Messages Table... OK Populating Messages_Text Table...

Nothing happeded after "Populating Messages_Text Table..."??? What should I do :unsure:?

Resolved: It was about max_execution_time setting in php.ini.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Juraus.

More
14 years 1 month ago #113 by Juraus
Kymmy wrote:

I did find a way round the password issue. It's a long way round but it did work.

I first installed a test joomla with Jfusion linking into the phpbb3. Synced all the users using jfusion. Then on a fresh joomla install with kunena/fireboard (seperate DB from the test install I followed the go.php instructions in the phpbb3>>fireboard convertor. Once all the users/posts were transferred across I then used a simple php script to copy the passwords for each user from the jfusion/joomla DB to the relevant users in joomla/kunena DB (needed as the user ID's will not be the same.

The password copying script is available in this thread by the person who kindly made it for me
www.cableforum.co.uk/board/19/33659901-php-script.html

Yep it's a long way round but at least the jfusion usersync converts all of the passwords and as long as your secret key is the same in your joomla/jfusion and joomla/kunena installs the passwords will work.

Now what I would love is for the convertor to also copy across the users PM's

:kiss:

I check and tried script for passwords and i get:
Code:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource

You said that

Yep, just added $db1_result = "";

Could you post modified script here on PM it to me , please.

And one more question... Which one is the database (on the password script) which have users syncronized with JFusion? Is it db1 or db2?

Regards,
Juraus

More
14 years 1 month ago #114 by Kymmy
Replied by Kymmy on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Here's a RAR file with the new code in place, I've marked the DB old and new and please remember that for this to work the Secret Key has to be the same as the old Joomla as it's salted into the password hashes. Please test this out on copies of the DB's first to make sure it works ;) ;)

www.hugzzz.com/passswap.rar

More
14 years 1 month ago #115 by Juraus
Kymmy wrote:

Here's a RAR file with the new code in place, I've marked the DB old and new and please remember that for this to work the Secret Key has to be the same as the old Joomla as it's salted into the password hashes. Please test this out on copies of the DB's first to make sure it works ;) ;)

www.hugzzz.com/passswap.rar

Thanks!!!:cheer: Just to be sure: is the olddatabase the database which have users syncronized with JFusion?

-Juraus

More
14 years 1 month ago #116 by Kymmy
Sorry for the delayed reply, must set this thread to receive subscription emails..

The newdatabase should be the new joomla DB with the migrated kunena data, the old database is the joomla/jfusion/phpbb3 database. So it's copying the passwords from the old to the new..

Please, please, please try it first on copies of the db's

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #117 by Juraus
Thanks! I figured that out :)

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #118 by Kymmy
Did it work??

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #119 by Juraus
Yes it did :cheer:

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #120 by Kymmy
Good as it means that until an all-in-one solution comes along at least people now have a way of doing the forums/posts/users/smilies/emails and passwords :)

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds