Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question phpbb3 to Kunena

More
14 years 6 months ago #61 by falsinfab
Replied by falsinfab on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Hi all,

I tried the metod described for move the forum data from phpbb3 to kunena but I always have an error at this point:

/* Update jos_fb_users table with new ids */

Code:
UPDATE `jos_fb_users`,`test_mig_users_id` SET `jos_fb_users`.`userid`= `test_mig_users_id`.`final_jos_id` WHERE `jos_fb_users`.`userid`=`test_mig_users_id`.`former_phpbb3_id`;

I tried many times but when I execute this query I always receive an error like this:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '153' for key 1

it seem that I have a strange order of my id but I'm not an sql expert and I odn't know how to fix this problem, someone can help me?
Thank you

P.S.: by the way there is some news about the "official" converter? I absolutely need to move my forum but without the converter I must to follow this manual procedure but I always fera to make some mistake....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #62 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
About official converter:

I have postponed it for K1.6 as it will be easier to convert from phpBB3. And we really need to get the new release out..

More
14 years 6 months ago #63 by falsinfab
Hi Matias

Thank you for your reply. I have already read in the old posts of this thread that you are waiting for the new 1.6 release before make the converter but I didn't find any informations about the time to wait for have this new version ready. How many time do you plan we'll must to wait for have this new version available? (than also the converter available). I'm sorry, I know you are working very hard than I don't want to speed up you than I tried to make the porting using the procedure explained before but without sucess until now. :(

By the way someone have some idea about to fix the problem and allow me to complete the porting?
Thank you for the help

More
14 years 6 months ago #64 by manburg6
Replied by manburg6 on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I've converted my phpbb3 forum to kunena in my local installation and everithing went fine.

A question to you: when you run convert.php what about the user situation on Joomla.
Do you have empty db or you have some existing user.

I've about 10 user on joomla and convert.php merge the ID in the right way. Should be that in some case the user sincronization fail as explain in page 5 of this thread.

Ciao,
M.

More
14 years 6 months ago #65 by Krycek
Replied by Krycek on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
HI Falsinfab,

Regarding your SQL query, it is maybe because you ran it multiple times. Did the error occured at first ?

Did you have a look to your forum and checked whether posts were correctly linked to their authors ?

More
14 years 6 months ago #66 by falsinfab
Hi all,

Thank you for your help.

manburg6

Before run the conversion in Joomla there was only one user, the administrator of the site, no other users.

Krycek

I receive the error at the first execution of the query. I tried all the process for three times and always the error appears.

More
14 years 6 months ago #67 by Matias
Kunena 1.6 is very soon in ALPHA1 stage, meaning that you can actually use the forum. The code seems to be fairly stable, but there are still a lot of of features and details which haven't been implemented into the new codebase.

Honestly I don't know exact dates yet. I hope to get stable version ready with all the current features during this year.

More
14 years 6 months ago #68 by Krycek
Replied by Krycek on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Falsinlab,

When you migrated did the J! user table went populated ? Did you try a Kunena User sync before/after ?

More
14 years 6 months ago #69 by falsinfab
I just followed the instructions posted. The converter/go.php import all the message and users. Before execute go.php in Joomla there was only the administrator user account, after execution I have all the used registered into the phpbb3 forum (excluded the bots). Maybe the problem could be that the administrator of Joomla have the same name of the administrator of the phpbb3 forum?

More
14 years 6 months ago #70 by Matias
BTW: if someone feels that he is skilled enough and wants to make a working version of my converter component, please contact me.

Only thing missing in database conversion is to map users from phpBB3 to Joomla. :)

Just Skype me (matias.griese) with "Kunena" in the message.

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds