Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question phpbb3 to Kunena

More
14 years 7 months ago #31 by wingnut144
Replied by wingnut144 on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Is this a full import of all posts, etc? Or just 1 part of the process?

If its the full deal, do you have a step by step guide that you can post? I'd be curious to see if I can get my phpbb3 users into Kunena...... :)

Krycek wrote:

Edit :
I succesfully corrected the user sync problem after migration with a SQL update of Kunena's tables.

1- I exported the PHPBB3_users and jos_users table to excel, mapped new ids, removed bots and created a CSV file with phpbb3_former_id and jos_final_id that I imported via PHPMyadmin.

2- Second step is to update the kunena's user table with new ids :
Code:
/* Update jos_fb_users table with new ids */ UPDATE `jos_fb_users`,`test_mig_users_id` SET `jos_fb_users`.`userid`= `test_mig_users_id`.`final_jos_id` WHERE `jos_fb_users`.`userid`=`test_mig_users_id`.`former_phpbb3_id`; /* Update jos_fb_messages table with new ids */ UPDATE `jos_fb_messages`,`test_mig_users_id` SET `jos_fb_messages`.`userid`= `test_mig_users_id`.`final_jos_id` WHERE `jos_fb_messages`.`userid`=`test_mig_users_id`.`former_phpbb3_id`;

One issue remain is to have each user post count with REAL post count... only found one hack to do it ... Any implementation foreseen ?

One question more : my current migration is only for tests purpose. Can I delete all jos_fb tables and Kunena before final migration ? Would that make any issue to delete the DB tables ? Will Kunena/Fireboard reinstall them itself ?[/quote] :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #32 by Krycek
Replied by Krycek on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I made the step by step method lacking of user sync.
Upper proposal is here to solve that user sync, awaiting Matias' component.

Finally I have ALL posts brought to Kunena and ALL users synced with J!.

More
14 years 7 months ago #33 by muldis
Replied by muldis on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
easy shmīzī

More
14 years 7 months ago #34 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Sorry that I've been silent on my migration project. Actually I just saw all the new messages in here.

I haven't had too much time to play with Kunena Importer lately. So not much has happened with it except for few small bug fixes.

I've also played with JFusion and it seems to have just what I've been looking for: it saves userid mapping between Joomla and all external components. This makes phpBB3 import a lot of easier -- at least if you're using JFusion bridge.

I will now try to get import complete enough that it is possible to test it.. :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #35 by wingnut144
Matias,

I appreciate all your hard work on this! Just curious, do you think it will be a week before we know if it works? 2 weeks? Not trying to pressure ya :) just trying to get a sense of how long I have to wait until I can tell my users they can use their forum again..... LOL

Steve

Matias wrote:

I will now try to get import complete enough that it is possible to test it.. :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #36 by Matias
Why cannot you just use phpBB3 in the mean time? And do you have JFusion or something else?

More
14 years 7 months ago #37 by wingnut144
I can, I suppose, but since I'm trying to keep 1 common look and feel to the site, its hard with phpbb.

Yes, I have been using the jFusion bridge.....

More
14 years 7 months ago #38 by Matias
I believe that your users do not care about the looks -- they just want to have the forum online. ;)

More
14 years 7 months ago #39 by wingnut144
Perhaps ;)

More
14 years 7 months ago #40 by Linuus
Replied by Linuus on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I on the other hand is migrating my whole site from my custom thing and phpbb3 to Joomla. I can't open the new site until I get a good migrator because users will register into Joomla and JomSocial and then they have two accounts when I finally get my hands on a migrator.

I have over 1100 users waiting for this so I need this pretty bad :)
Crossing my fingers that everything runs smoothly for you Matias!

Really appreciate your work! Good luck!

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds