Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question phpbb3 to Kunena

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by proterra
phpbb3 to Kunena was created by proterra
Find threads here in the board, but there are closed.

So I ask you, if there is a easy tool to migrate from phpbb3 to Kunena 1.53. I don´t want to use the many step-way over the 1.0x versions.

I have too big phpbb3 boards and want to migrate.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by Lintzy

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by proterra
Replied by proterra on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Lintzy wrote:

I guess, this will help you:

www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=101&id=12556

and

www.kunena.com/forum/135-solved-installa...-phpbb3-to-153#19885

But this threads are closed. Can´t ask if there are new news about the migration-tool in thread 2

More
14 years 9 months ago #4 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I am sorry, for this misunderstanding. So far as I know, Matias has had not the time to finish this migration tool yet. :(

More
14 years 9 months ago #5 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Here is the newest information about it

www.kunena.com/forum/134-installation-up...-to-kunena-153#23123

Matias wrote:

There's currently no easy way to migrate from phpBB3 to Kunena. Information will also be lost in the conversion (polls etc), but if you don't remove phpBB tables and files from your server, I have plans to make the converter to fetch missing/broken information later (yes, I do have backups from my own phpBB forum).

My converter will initially have support for phpBB2, PNphpBB2 and phpBB3. It will be relatively easy to add support to other forums, too.

Currently conversion from phpBB2/3 works, at least in some environments, but there are still issues with some illegal/similar usernames in Joomla. I had plans to finnish my converter right after K1.5.3 was released, but plans changed when our new baby was born. I believe that I have some time to fix the last known issues in few days from now.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Actually my plan is to make the first public release within a week or so.

More
14 years 9 months ago #7 by MartinD
Replied by MartinD on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
New Keunena user here - I have a development site runing CB and Joomla - I also have PHPBB bridged but soon as I came across Kunena 1.5.4 I really liked it..

Since I have removed the bridge on my test site and started playing around with Kunena 1.5.4 but I want to import the data from my PHPBB 3 forum becuase I have over 500 topics and 164 members..

I would love to test the converter for you..

Look forward to a release..

More
14 years 9 months ago #8 by PascM
Replied by PascM on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
very nice to read that there is going to be a converter from phpBB3 to Kunena!! :woohoo:

More
14 years 9 months ago #9 by standarddamage
Replied by standarddamage on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
PascM wrote:

very nice to read that there is going to be a converter from phpBB3 to Kunena!! :woohoo:

A lot of us have been waiting for this. I can't wait for it to be released so I can dump PHPBB3 for good. It's great software, but even the best bridges have all kinds of issues. Because Kunenea is designed to work within Joomla, it's so much easier to work with, especially from a design standpoint.

I won't even get started with what I went though re-theming PHPBB once I wrapped it in Joomla. What a mess.

Really looking forward to this Matias! :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #10 by proterra
Replied by proterra on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
That´s sounds great.

Happy to hear of the release. Thank you for your work.

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds