Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question phpbb3 to Kunena

More
14 years 8 months ago #21 by Krycek
Replied by Krycek on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Hi Matias,

Indeed, after current (and only one available) migration option (through fireboard) only problem is the one of users mapping.
It is obvious that none will have the same configuration among J! users as they don't all use a bridge, or did map their users between PHPBB and J!.

I would think of a tough solution which would be to ask the admin, preparing the migration, to map himself the users, like saying "PHPBB User ID 54 is J! user 32" for instance. Not very handy nor automatic, but it would do the trick. After, for a community of more than 100 people, it would begin to be very very hard.

Maybe contacting Jfusion creators could help, in order to understand their mapping method, no ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #22 by wingnut144
Replied by wingnut144 on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
If my users already appear in the Kunena user administration section of the component, is there just way way to import the forum posts from phpBB3?

Or is there still another issue?

More
14 years 8 months ago #23 by Krycek
Hi Wingnut,

Point is that if Joe's PHPBB3 user has ID 43, once you will migrate, Kunena will link his posts to J! user ID 43 which may not be Joe but Peter (for instance). Most of the time, and there is nothing which can assess the opposite, users's ID won't be the same, due to registrations delays, DB modifications, etc...

So if you are SURE that PHPBB3 and J! users ID are the SAME, then you can use the only available now solution migrating from PHPBB3 to FB then to Kunena.

Else, please bear with us and help us praying Matias for a component release. ^^

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #24 by Fran
Replied by Fran on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I am also eagerly awaiting the release of this migration tool! My prayers are with you!!

I have a couple of questions. I am starting fresh with a new Joomla 1.5 site which has no users yet (apart from admin). But I have a phpbb3 forum which has over 300 users. I want to change over to Kunena so that I can use Alpha User Points and other Kunena compatible things. My first question is:

Would it be fairly simple for me to change over, seeing as I currently have no users in Joomla 1.5?

I am guessing the conflict stuff that is referred to in the last few posts wouldn't apply. If so, my second question is:

What is the EASIEST way for me to migrate from phpbb3 to Kunena? (should I do the step by step method, or wait for the migration tool?)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Fran.

More
14 years 8 months ago #25 by Krycek
Hi Fran,

If there's no other user logged on J! but you, step by step method should be fine... but you should first try on a separate database. If not working, you can still try Jfusion to sync users among forum-site.

Else... there's still some place here to pray Matias ^^.

More
14 years 8 months ago #26 by Fran
i tried the step by step method (using fireboard) as described on this thread. And it mostly worked. I say "mostly" because it appears that the passwords for each account was not migrated. Is there any way to get around this, or do the users all have to come and re-new their passwords?

One problem is I can't seem to get ANY login to work! I tried clicking on the "sync users" button, but when I do I see no activity whatsoever. It just gives a generic: "Sync FireBoard user table with Joomla! user table" message

Am I doing something wrong?

I even upgraded my own previous phpbb3 username to a super admin status, but I couldn't log into back end, because it said that username and password did not match, even though I did type in the right password. If I go to user manager, I can set a new password for myself and then i can log in, but i can't log in without doing that.

My users will be very annoyed at having to reset their passwords. Is there any solution for this?

More
14 years 8 months ago #27 by Fran
Nevermind, I did what i should have done at first and that is to do a search of the forum. I found this and it works!

www.kunena.com/forum/101-solved-or-prior...a-step-by-step#12633

More
14 years 8 months ago #28 by Fran
I have one issue remaining and that is the avatars. It seems the avatars were not imported. Does anyone know how to import them so that they are linked to the same users as before?

More
14 years 8 months ago #29 by Linuus
Replied by Linuus on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Any news? :)

I really, really need this. I have 1100 users to move from phpbb3 to Joomla and Kunena.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #30 by Krycek
Fran, if you succeed to and your only trouble is user avatars... I guess you'll be able to find the trick over forums (I remember having seen that somewhere) else Google's your friend ^^.
We could also think that users may be able to upload them back, cleaning up old inactive users data, no ?

Matias > Did you succeed to step ahead regarding user sync ?

Edit :
I succesfully corrected the user sync problem after migration with a SQL update of Kunena's tables.

1- I exported the PHPBB3_users and jos_users table to excel, mapped new ids, removed bots and created a CSV file with phpbb3_former_id and jos_final_id that I imported via PHPMyadmin.

2- Second step is to update the kunena's user table with new ids :
Code:
/* Update jos_fb_users table with new ids */ UPDATE `jos_fb_users`,`test_mig_users_id` SET `jos_fb_users`.`userid`= `test_mig_users_id`.`final_jos_id` WHERE `jos_fb_users`.`userid`=`test_mig_users_id`.`former_phpbb3_id`; /* Update jos_fb_messages table with new ids */ UPDATE `jos_fb_messages`,`test_mig_users_id` SET `jos_fb_messages`.`userid`= `test_mig_users_id`.`final_jos_id` WHERE `jos_fb_messages`.`userid`=`test_mig_users_id`.`former_phpbb3_id`;

One issue remain is to have each user post count with REAL post count... only found one hack to do it ... Any implementation foreseen ?

One question more : my current migration is only for tests purpose. Can I delete all jos_fb tables and Kunena before final migration ? Would that make any issue to delete the DB tables ? Will Kunena/Fireboard reinstall them itself ?
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Krycek.

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds