Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question phpbb3 to Kunena

More
14 years 8 months ago #11 by Krycek
Replied by Krycek on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Hi Matias,

Where are you currently standing on this project ? We cannot hurry you, of course :) though we are many desperately awaiting for your component ! ^^

I hope you don't mind and just take that message as a proof of impatience and excitement, nothing more. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #12 by wingnut144
Replied by wingnut144 on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I would love to know when the tool to migrate data from phpbb3 to Kunena is available.....

Is there any update by chance?? :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #13 by @quila
Replied by @quila on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Hi guys,

look here for latest update Kunena Importer

Regards

More
14 years 8 months ago #14 by Krycek
Wow, ok... Long time I've been looking for that.

I would have simple question however. I tried the long way to migrate (PHPBB to FB to Kunena 1.0.8 to Kunena 1.5) and figured out that PHPBB user IDs weren't finally matching J! users ID...

Did anyone tried that component (Kunena Importer) ? Any result or feedback forum ?

More
14 years 8 months ago #15 by @quila
Hi,

no it's not released yet, when is finished Matias will announce that.

Regards

More
14 years 8 months ago #16 by Krycek
Ok... Then we cannot download it now, right ?

Or I am maybe too noob to know how to get it... :D

More
14 years 8 months ago #17 by @quila
Hi,

Yes, right you can't download.

Wait some days ;)

Regards

More
14 years 8 months ago #18 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Latest news:

Kunena Forum Importer now successfully imports most of the database tables to Kunena. This includes part of the configuration, all categories and messages, subscriptions, session information, etc, etc.. Moderators and forum permissions (and maybe something else) are still missing.

Images/files are not yet imported, but I'm planning on making it also automatic. Actually this is not a big issue as this is easy to do manually, but..

There's one huge issue: mapping users from phpBB to Joomla. Many phpBB integration components do not automatically add user into Joomla if you register in phpBB and vice versa. Also allowed characters for username are different and there may be other surprises, too, which makes mapping users a hard problem to solve. So now the only major obstacle is to get user mapping to work so that there will not be too many problems after conversion.

If someone has a good way to solve this problem or more knowledge in the subject, please come forward and participate in this conversation.

I know howto hack users into Joomla (I've already done it), but how to make conversion reliable and not needing manual changes -- that's not too easy.

More
14 years 8 months ago #19 by hkymre
Replied by hkymre on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I've migrated from SMF 1.x to phpBB3 and having been using the rokbridge compontent to bridge phpBB & Joomla.
As a result all my phpbb users are already in joomla.

Will this be a problem if I then try to migrate from phpBB to Kunena?

cheers

Mark

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #20 by wingnut144
Replied by wingnut144 on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Would you need to worry about hacking the users in??

I did my phpbb install which already had its users before Joomla had any members. I used the jFusion bridge which allowed me to add all the users from phpbb directly into Joomla.

Once that was done, users could log into Joomla using their phpbb3 login username and password......

Steve

Matias wrote:

There's one huge issue: mapping users from phpBB to Joomla. Many phpBB integration components do not automatically add user into Joomla if you register in phpBB and vice versa.

If someone has a good way to solve this problem or more knowledge in the subject, please come forward and participate in this conversation.

I know howto hack users into Joomla (I've already done it), but how to make conversion reliable and not needing manual changes -- that's not too easy.

Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by wingnut144.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds