Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question phpbb3 to Kunena

More
14 years 3 months ago #91 by Krycek
Replied by Krycek on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Try this method .
Ain't very different from the one you tried, but it is, at least, an update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #92 by Pescador
Replied by Pescador on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I'm sorry, but the one I followed is more recent, since it converts to Kunena 1.5, and it was updated just a few days ago. Anyways, the first steps are the same, my problem is that go.php doesn't work.

More
14 years 3 months ago #93 by DTP2
Replied by DTP2 on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I have had the same problem that at the moment of using go.php I get errors that I could not get solved so I stopped the manual conversion. So I'm going to have to wait until Mathias his version is released.

More
14 years 3 months ago #94 by Pescador
Yes, but right now I'm just testing to see wich one I'm going to use, and the support I have for each board. The first one that I tried is Agora Forum, but they're developing the free converter for the new version of Agora, which we're predicted to be released in the end of November, and now they don't even know if it's going to be possible.

I had a lot of problems with phpBB, and almost all of them could be solved trough help and documentation, so I love phpBB, but it don't seems easy to use with joomla.

The forum is an important part of my Joomla Site, so I have to be sure...

More
14 years 3 months ago #95 by Krycek
Hi Pescador,

Then I strongly suggest Kunena as forum.
Even if community is sometimes sleeping and not very responsive, I can assure you that it is very easy to use and custom. Moreover, it has lot of features and third-integration possibilities.

More
14 years 3 months ago #96 by Pescador
Great!

So I need to get over this migration then...

Anyone knows how can I do this?

More
14 years 3 months ago #97 by Krycek
Well, try this out .

It worked very nicely for me... though for some others it didn't.

More
14 years 3 months ago #98 by Kymmy
Replied by Kymmy on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Hi Guys, (first time post so be gentle)

The old convertor.zip from phpbb3 to fireboard ran perfectly for me on a test server, update to Kunena 1.58 performed without a hitch and final act of migrating the smiles over worked as well.

Now just need those pesky passwords rehashed..

phpbb3passintegrator.zip doesn't work :(

Something though I do remember is that JFUSION does a password rehash on thier sync users.. Could this be used in any way to rehash (or could someone with great php knowledge than myself) perhaps do a bit of dissecting and get an idea or two on how to rehash the passwords???

Just a thought

:woohoo:

More
14 years 3 months ago #99 by Krycek
Hi Kymmy,

I didn't use that pass integrator... so I've no clue what it does. Anyway, the original converter (famous go.php) should do the trick itself.

More
14 years 3 months ago #100 by Kymmy
Replied by Kymmy on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Krycek wrote:

Hi Kymmy,

I didn't use that pass integrator... so I've no clue what it does. Anyway, the original converter (famous go.php) should do the trick itself.

Nope, looks like it just copied directly the password hash from phpbb, is there perhaps an updated version and I'm using an old version?

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds