Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question phpbb3 to Kunena

More
14 years 6 months ago #81 by Krycek
Replied by Krycek on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Well... I'm not versed into that japeneses charset. :)
This would then be related to some other Kunena post that you'd have to create.

Glad that your migration worked anyway !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #82 by falsinfab
Replied by falsinfab on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Hi again,

Unfortunately this last problem of japanese characters not imported well continue to be a seirous problem for me. I cheched the kunena/fireboard db tables, all the table have a charset set to sweedish, I changed manually all the attributes to unicode before import the data but after the import only some fields (like category name) has been imported correctly, all the other japanese words was showed as ????? into Kunena. Do you suggest to open a new discussion more specific to this problem?

More
14 years 5 months ago #83 by Krycek
Yes you should try new discussion. Actually your migration succeeded, now you have one charset issue remaining.

More
14 years 5 months ago #84 by falsinfab
Replied by falsinfab on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I have another small question about the porting. What about the users's password? The script copy the phpbb3 users to Joomla users but I suppose copy only the username, the password is also copied? (the user will can login into Joomal with the same password of phpbb3?)

More
14 years 5 months ago #85 by Krycek
Yes, passwords should be copied from PHPBB to Joomla!. Here again a quick test should ensure that (with lambda member or made up member).

More
14 years 5 months ago #86 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
phpBB3 encodes passwords in a different way, so they may work or not..

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #87 by Nebbers
Replied by Nebbers on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
This thread has been very helpful with my quest to transfer a phpbb3 board to kunena! Thankyou to everyone who has input into the conversion

I have managed to sync all the userid between fb and phpbb. Posts display correctly etc but I am having difficulty logging in.

I have enabled the password plugin found on www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=101&id=12556 and this too does not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions/fixes that may help?

I was thinking perhaps someone may have written a script that resets everyone's password and emails them the new one?
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by Nebbers.

More
14 years 5 months ago #88 by Krycek
Maybe you should check on CB plugins side... there are some which make the users have to refresh ther password.

Glad for you that it worked !

More
14 years 4 months ago #89 by Gleedo
Replied by Gleedo on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Hello all, very interested also in converting an existing forum to kunena.

I have vbulletin 3.84 which I can easily convert to phpbb3.06 and have just done that successfully as a test.

I think I read somewhere else in these forums that the next version of kunena will have built in converters for phpbb3. Is that correct? :blink:

I dont think I have enough techie experience to perform the detailed conversion instructions that others have tried to undertake :unsure:

More
14 years 3 months ago #90 by Pescador
Replied by Pescador on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Hi all

I have a good phpBB3 Database backup (my server screwed things up), and now I want to build a Joomla 1.5 site with a forum.

After researching, I see that it's better to have a native joomla forum, than phpBB with a bridge or something like that, because I need things simple.

Npw I'm trying Kunena in a testing server, following the migration steps explained here , but when I try to open the converter in browser (In a browser, navigate to yoursite.com/converter/go.php.) it automatically goes to a error page. I've checked the servers MySQL info, and all seems ok. Could it be a server limitation?
If you want to try here's the link:

portalfpg.000space.com/converter/go.php

Any help?

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds