Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question phpbb3 to Kunena

More
14 years 3 months ago #101 by Krycek
Replied by Krycek on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Well, the step by step I wrote worked twice in my case. I only explained what I found when I migrated... and I didn't have to check passwords.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #102 by Pescador
Replied by Pescador on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Hey

I did it! As my problem seemed to be some limitations from a free web host, I tried in my pc, installing XAMPP.

So now I've migrated phpBB to Kunena 1.5.8.

Now the thing is that the users can't login, it says that the username or password wrong. I've checked the users in backpanel, and it seems that they are all inactive. What can I do? Or could this be the passwords that were cleaned?

More
14 years 3 months ago #103 by Krycek
Replied by Krycek on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Hi,

Don't you have any test account to check by yourself ?
Then check wether accounts are enabled. If not, have a look to the DB and check for discrepancies with your account (that should work).
Last, you can still force new password registration for all accounts.

Even though, that is very strange...

More
14 years 3 months ago #104 by Pescador
Hey

Sure I have some accounts for testings purpose, beside of my own. That's why I said that the users can't login. I'm still in development enviroment, not online.
I'll compare the tables from the database for this, and post the results here.

More
14 years 3 months ago #105 by deminbo
Replied by deminbo on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
very nice to read that there is going to be a converter from phpBB3 to Kunena! but where is link to the new migration script?

More
14 years 3 months ago #106 by Pescador
Well, there is no new script. The one I used was this one.

It worked for me. The only problem I had was with the avatars and images, but that's explained in the guide, and some passwords doesn't work. Don't know why, but it's not bad since we can't reset the passwords if needed.

For my experience, use it in your pc (xampp, lampp, etc), then upload to the server once it's done...

Good luck with that

More
14 years 3 months ago #107 by basnet
Replied by basnet on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
phpbb is a huge huge software, to be able to convert from phpbb would be great.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #108 by Kymmy
Replied by Kymmy on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I did find a way round the password issue. It's a long way round but it did work.

I first installed a test joomla with Jfusion linking into the phpbb3. Synced all the users using jfusion. Then on a fresh joomla install with kunena/fireboard (seperate DB from the test install I followed the go.php instructions in the phpbb3>>fireboard convertor. Once all the users/posts were transferred across I then used a simple php script to copy the passwords for each user from the jfusion/joomla DB to the relevant users in joomla/kunena DB (needed as the user ID's will not be the same.

The password copying script is available in this thread by the person who kindly made it for me
www.cableforum.co.uk/board/19/33659901-php-script.html

Yep it's a long way round but at least the jfusion usersync converts all of the passwords and as long as your secret key is the same in your joomla/jfusion and joomla/kunena installs the passwords will work.

Now what I would love is for the convertor to also copy across the users PM's

:kiss:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Kymmy.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #109 by michelgofman
Replied by michelgofman on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Sorry I came across a basic error :
  • - after checking out the Importer from SVN TRUNK and building the zip with the shell script provided
  • - the Joomla install works
  • - but when I click on the component I get

Fatal error: Call to a member function getName() on a non-object in /var/www/xxxxx/libraries/joomla/application/component/view.php on line 449

I am running the last Joomla with the last Kunena on a local Ubuntu Karmic workstation / server

:blink: :unsure:

Thanks
Mike
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by michelgofman.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #110 by Mark0100
Replied by Mark0100 on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I had converted form phpbb2 (Orion2) over phpbb3 to kunena, it works fine but it is very very important and essential to migrate the attachments.

This is my biggest problem!!!

I need it very quickly, so can "anyone" make a script? I think Kunena 2.0 will take some time, when I read the blog, not until end of year 2010? rather 2011? :(

My Forum is big, relative ;) over 71.000 posts an nearly 2500 Users with hundreds of attachments. So I´m a little bit in a hurry.... :whistle:

Gruß Mark
Pickup-Wohnkabinen-Forum Kunena 4.0.7
Chevy-Forum Kunena 3.0.8
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Mark0100. Reason: missing ?

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds