Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged Kunena for J! 3.0

More
11 years 1 month ago #111 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
Would you like to join the team, ymages? Do you have the understanding of what is involved and the time to help the team?
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 1 month ago #112 by ymages
Replied by ymages on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
I have no time for it sorry
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #113 by sozzled
Then you will have to wait, like everyone else who has no time, for the very small team of people who work around the clock, who are not getting paid, and who dedicate their time for people like you who are in a hurry for a product that is not yet completed. I'm sorry if that's not what you may have wanted to hear but that's the situation and that's something you have to remember.

We will get the job done faster if people step up and offer to help instead of continually asking us "are we there yet?" We're not there yet but we're not very far away. We had hoped to have brought out K 3.0 beta this week but recent changes to Joomla and the discovery of a number of several critical issues/bugs in J! 3.1, have again set us back. Our job would be made much easier if we did not also have to wrestle with the problems caused by J! 3.x. At the same time as the developers are writing code for K 3.0 they are also in contact with those who built Joomla and reporting the existence of Joomla issues/problems/bugs.

I hope this helps you to understand that the task isn't quite as easy as some people may think.

Let me repeat: if people want the latest information (which is changing on a minute-by-minute basis) about K 3.0 there's nothing to hide. Kunena is open source software. The entire source code library is available at Github for anyone and everyone to see.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mortti, ehoward, thumdar, ymages, pbb
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #114 by galileos1970
do u have plans to make kunena compatible with joomla 3. thanks
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #115 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

galileos1970 wrote: do u have plans to make kunena compatible with joomla 3. thanks

G'day, galileos1970, and welcome to Kunena

If your read this topic, from the beginning thorough to the end, I think this topic will answer your question about plans for Kunena for J! 3.x. ;)
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #116 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
Here's the nut shell version: Kunena Beta should be coming soonish (perhaps a week or two). After some testing from folks like ourselves and things get worked out, a stable version will be released. But I don't expect that until April 15th or so. Don't quote me on that date, I'm just giving what I believe it might be. ;)
More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #117 by coder4life
Replied by coder4life on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
@Josh it is like you are psychic :ohmy:

Seriously though, we are getting close, we are very excited to get this new version out. Our team has been working hours like mad. Seriously we have a new breed of zombie arriving soon because of the lack of sleep.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by coder4life.
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #118 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
I'm using a combination of patterns and things I hear to estimate it. Plus experience helps me gauge this as well. ;)
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #119 by Estacey2009
Replied by Estacey2009 on topic Kunena for J! 3.0

sozzled wrote: I will not waste time refuting the unfounded accusations made by some recent armchair critics in this topic. The Kunena team members are not saying that "most people are doing [whatever it is that people have suggested]". If people would like to assist the project, the door is always open. The team is currently working very hard to produce a beta test version for J! 3.x and that's the main fact.

I think it's important to remind people that Kunena is open source software development. There is no company behind Kunena; everyone who contributes to Kunena is a hobbyist, enthusiast or professional web developer who gives their time freely to this project - volunteers every one of us. Our hope is to make Kunena the most reliable, scalable, durable and robust forum component for Joomla that we can make it and to give people the best solution to meeting their forum needs. The forum is a self-help community-driven resource for users to help one another. Our job, in moderating the forum, is not necessarily to answer every question but, rather, to point people in the right direction where they can find the answers.

IMHO, this topic serves a useful purpose to provide an unofficial form of communication between the team and the commuunity. Official announcements about Kunena are posted in the Official Announcements and News about Kunena category and we encourage all members of the community to subscribe to this category to be kept informed about developments, announcements, and changes as they occur. However, as we all know, "announcements" tend to become the source for critics to remind us when those announcements (often made months or years ago) fail to meet original expectations..

Well, your message starts out with a BOLD LIE!.. and works into 'Self Serving' Credit where it's due..

I had a hot dog vendor tell me one time, "If you think you can make a better hot dog, go do it!" and I did..

I'm sorry, but your, "If you wanna join the team.. " Comment here, mixed in with the LIE about "Nobody here is saying NOT to use J3.. " Just TURNED ME OFF!..

Instead of desperately wanting to get something into the hands of 'fans' so they can continue to use the product you're so proud of.. you seem to think "You got the golden fleece, and we should be so humble and grateful you even remark on progress with it"

Well, you promised (and it's still in your Roadmap) a 'beta' by what?.. September 2012?.. Good heavens man!..

Currently using Stackideas product - and won't wait for YOU to begin trying to SELL me on using Kunena.. Have the best day you can..

Oh, and RE-READ the messages in your own forum here for clues as to who, what, why, and when folks are telling people NOT to use Joomla 3.0 - How about just searching for the word, "Rush" and see how that goes..
More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #120 by sozzled
I object to a your unfounded assertions that charactise me as a bald-faced liar. Accusations, like these, that border on personal insult, are unacceptable I this forum. If you have specific evidence where I, or any other member of the Kunena team has stated, unconditonally, that J! 3.x is currently unsuitable as a platform for constructing new websites, please produce that evidence.

In the meantime, I wish you every success in your webcraft while we continue to work solidly to built K 3.0.

It may interest others, reading this topic, to follow the work that is ongoing at Github. In the past 48 hours, over 200 issues on Github have been worked on. In spite of the various difficulties that we've encountered, things are not as bleak or pessimistic as a very small number of commentators assert. :)
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: arczer
Time to create page: 0.708 seconds