Kunena 5.1.15 Released (27 Oct 2019)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.15 [K 5.1.15] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged Kunena for J! 3.0

More
6 years 9 months ago #71 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
People continue to write these questions instead of

(1) Joining the project team and offering to assist with the development of K 3.0;
(2) Waiting for an official announcement about an upcoming beta, release candidate or public stable release.

Perhaps it would assist people if I attempted to answer this often-asked question, remembering (of course) that J! 3.0 is probably not a suitable platform upon which people should build a website for production/business needs.

We expect, assuming that we do not have to divert our resources into other matters, that K 3.0 public will be ready for release in 3 months from now or earlier! :woohoo:

We hope that there will be a public beta version of K 3.0 available within the next 2 months (or sooner, or maybe a little later). Things will move along a lot quicker if people are willing to spend their time, joining the development team, and putting some effort into helping this work. I hope this information is useful to you. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh, awasen
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 9 months ago #72 by awasen
Replied by awasen on topic Kunena for J! 3.0

sozzled wrote: People continue to write these questions instead of

(1) Joining the project team and offering to assist with the development of K 3.0;

I hope this information is useful to you. :)

I tried joining but you didn't want me as I hadn't posted enough in your forum... :(

Thanks for the update on the time frame!

Regards,
Anders
More
6 years 9 months ago #73 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena for J! 3.0

awasen wrote: Itried joining but you didn't want me as I hadn't posted enough in your forum./quote]Keep posting on the forum. Offer to answer other people's questions and we would be happy for you to join the team as a tester. ;)

More
6 years 9 months ago #74 by awasen
Well, I kind of don't want to hang around here answering questions... If I'd get to join as a tester I'd like to test it on my own server for my internal users.

I thought that was the idea as a tester, not as a hang-around for your forum... Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Keep up the good work!

I will give Agora a go and probably lose $29 as I am certain I will like Kuena better once it is out for J3!
More
6 years 9 months ago #75 by brononius
Replied by brononius on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
I'm building a new site with J3. This should go live on 23/03...
Any chance that something will be ready by that time?

In the new site, my registred users should have a lot of additional features. And this should includes a forum...
More
6 years 9 months ago #76 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
It's unlikely that a stable version will be out by then. If you read on Joomla.org, Joomla 3.0 is not intended to be main stream software. I'm eager to use it myself, but for now we have to accept that Joomla 2.5 is the current standard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled
More
6 years 9 months ago #77 by awasen
I can attest to that as I run J!3 on my own site. There are many things that are better, especially the back-end stuff and that they finally have added support for both MooTools and jQuery of of the box.

Unfortunately there are a few quirks here and there and I have had to change a lot to make it look good and work the way I want. Some things I haven't even gotten working yet...

For a commercial site I would not go for 3.0, there are simply too many risks that something might go wrong...
The security should be better on 3.0 than on previous versions but considering the amount of re-written and new code on 3.0 there is a higher risk of some weaknesses creeping in... :(
More
6 years 9 months ago #78 by ymages
Replied by ymages on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
no there is no risks for commercial website to go with J3.0.3 ? I have build already 5 pro website with that version
More
6 years 9 months ago #79 by bysamsun
Replied by bysamsun on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
I updated my website
everything is ok
but I never got around forum
Waiting emergence of Kunena Forum has been 2 months 3 forum ..
What if I no longer get out of Kunena Forum 3
More
6 years 9 months ago #80 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Kunena for J! 3.0

bysamsun wrote: What if I no longer get out of Kunena Forum 3

Kunena V3 isn't out, so why would you wonder if you could get out of V3? ;)
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds