Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged Kunena for J! 3.0

More
11 years 3 months ago #41 by educadorgustavo
Replied by educadorgustavo on topic K3.0 in 2013?
www.kunena.org/blog/110-kunena-roadmap-2012

I understand the difficulties, but slow "both" one version is "normal"?
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 3 months ago #42 by johnyx
Replied by johnyx on topic K3.0 in 2013?
why we wait too long. you say in roadmap bata 3.0 comming in september, where beta? where relise in november? PLZ create just alpha build for install on J!3.0. im lost my users (((((and forum not work.
More
11 years 3 months ago #43 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
There's an old saying: the map is not the territory. Just as a roadmap is only a guide, when you're using a map things change. The roads may be still under construction or there may have been other events that mean the map that you're using is not as up-to-date as you would like it to be.

This is the same situation as the " roadmap " for Kunena that was written 10½ months ago. Things change. In the past 10½ months the team has been very busy finishing the work started with K 1.7, releasing K 2.0 and fixing problems that were reported with those versions. In the past 10½ months, the plans associated with - compared with the actual releases of - Joomla have also changed many times and these changes in Joomla have also resulted in the team having to reassess how best to incorporate the required changes needed to produce K 3.0.

We understand that some people have gone ahead and moved forward with J! 3.0 even though (as we who have been using Joomla for many years know) that J! 3.0 is only a short-term release that will be replaced very soon. It's still early days with J! 3.0 and we know that things will change when J! 3.1 is released and then, later, J! 3.5.

We understand these things because we, who have used Joomla for a number of years, are familiar with the process. Others, who are new to Joomla may not be as familiar with the way things work and we're asking them to be patient.

Yes, we all agree, we would like to have a version of Kunena available now - one that works with J! 3.0 - but there's only so many things that people can do when you're dealing with major changes like these. "Patience is a virtue", as the saying goes, and we appreciate that not everyone has limitless patience. We're doing our best. If our best is not good enough then please try to understand that we're all in the same situation as one another and we will make more progress with help to make a difference instead of complaining about the apparent lack of progress.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh, alexvpp, viperuk
More
11 years 3 months ago #44 by alexvpp
Replied by alexvpp on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
Thanks for the feedback.

I think that it would be interesting and sensitive to give Joomla 3.0 users some horizon and perspective to when this compatibility could happen. Nothing very precise, just a horizon, like 2nd half of 2013; first half of 2014.
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #45 by mrartist
Replied by mrartist on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
Likewise to the above. A revised estimate/Road Map is now required. All the other Joomla extensions and components I use are now compatible with J3.0 and it's just Kunena that's holding me back from implementing anything. My clients need some revised estimates too for things we all hoped would be in place by now as we move into the new era of Joomla's evolution.

Are we talking about months away or could some form of limited function Alpha/Beta be implemented and made available sooner?
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by mrartist.
More
11 years 3 months ago #46 by ymages
Replied by ymages on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
I'll switch for agora if they release a version for J3.0
More
11 years 3 months ago #47 by sozzled
In response to the last three messages posted in this topic. It seems to me that the major concern here is not the actual delivery of K 3.0 but, instead, to provide more regular feedback. I agree. We need to provide more regular feedback and, when I have the information, that's one of the tasks that I try to do.

When I put together the Kunena roadmap 2012 on 1 February this year, I was fully aware that, if there were slippages to the estimated timetable, the Kunena team would attract considerable criticism (e.g. "You promised us that you would do such-and-such by this time; you haven't done it and if you don't do something about it I'm going to go elsewhere"). Let me remind everyone that there are still people who, despite the latest advances in Joomla, are still running sites in J! 1.0 because they are still downloading K 1.0. :S

The estimates I gave in the Kunena roadmap 2012 were conservative estimates. People would now like to hear revised estimates and I'm doing what I can to find out this information for you.

Based on the last information I heard, these are the main activities that require priority attention:

(1) Move K.org to new server (on 27 December 2012)
(2) Release K 2.0.4 to fix several important problems that affect K 2.0.3 (before 31 December 2012)
(3) Release K 3.0 beta (mid-January 2013)
(4) Release K 3.0.0 public stable (within first quarter 2013, possibly as early as February)

One of the immediate problems that we currently have is Christmas. At this time of the year there is a shortage of people to help and we cannot overlook this fact. The absence of skilled, experienced people, familiar with Joomla and Kunena, has a major impact on any planning.

Earlier in this discussion I called for interested volunteers to assist with the development and testing of Kunena . I'd like to thank the dozen or so people who put up their hands asking to join the team; however, those people who applied to join the team were not able to demonstrate - by having written much or, in many cases, anything on the forum - that they could meet our requirements. If people would like to help we have plenty of work that they can help with.

People can help us by trying to help others with their problems; people can help by assisting us with the task of documentation; people can help by identifying problems (and suggesting fixes to those problems) that they discover; people can help with their patience, understanding and tolerance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #48 by ymages
Thanks for your answer

another important question : will you use bootstrap and LESS to be fully J3.0 compatible ? (using variables.less, forms.less and so on )

if the template is not J3.0 compatible its not necessary for many of us to wait anymore

the main problem with kunena is your template
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by ymages.
More
11 years 3 months ago #49 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply. I agree with you that the Kunena Blue Eagle template is tired, in need of a make-over, is old-fashioned looking, is table-based, needs to be redesigned from the ground up, and all the other criticisms that the project has endured via this forum and variously on the JED. Obviously it would be pointless, wouldn't you agree, if K 3.0 could not work at all in J! 3.0 using a J! 3.0 template framework. If that was to be the case then the entire design objective for Kunena 3.0 is invalidated.

We understand the desires/wants/needs of the community for improvements in the Kunena templating system. We agree that those needs have been neglected for far too long and that the project's reputation has suffered because of it. If there were more, committed, experienced people who could assist the project then we would make more headway.

ymages wrote:

The main problem with kunena is [the] template.

The main issue for Kunena, as far as this topic is concerned, is compatibility with J! 3.0. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

We agree and acknowledge that there are template issues that need to be addressed. The scope of work for K 3.0 will not attempt to address all the various issues that need to be addressed in terms of the designing and building a whole new template for K 3.0 unless there's a miracle in the next couple of weeks. The scope of work for K 3.0 is outlined at the bottom of Kunena Wiki:About .

There will be further opportunities to implement new, more "relevant" Kunena templates starting with either a K 3.1 or K 4.0 version (the team has not yet decided what version this will be called). I hope this helps you better understand exactly what this discussion topic is about and what the team is doing to work towards a satisfactory outcome for everyone.
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #50 by ymages
Thank you

If you dont do it I'll do in any case a bootstrap-less responsive html5-css3 template, because I need it
i've done a tool here to calculate the size of the grid + variables ymalaya.com/tools/bootstrap.php

I know that the team is working for free and I thanks you all a lot
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by ymages.
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds