Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged Kunena for J! 3.0

More
11 years 4 months ago #51 by mrartist
Replied by mrartist on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
My main motivation for wanting to start using J! 3.0 is indeed the Bootstrap/responsive design feature(s). I've been hoping for a while now that K3.0 would be about to come out and support such things but it's sounding like this might still be some way off?

I appreciate all the amazing work everyone at Kunena does to continually move things forward and as a comparatively recent adopter of Kunena on one particular development site I wanted to help with K3 development but due to a lack of forum participation for K2.x, I did not qualify.

From my research, I don't think there are any paid or free alternatives for a forum/chat area that will work with J! 3.0 and handle the responsive/Bootstrap environment? I guess I'll just have to put those ideas on hold right now as I now urgently need to move the next evolution of my client's development site to J! 3.0.

Still keen to help test and suggest for K with bootstrap, but for now I need to concentrate on other aspects. Will keep an eye on K of course and participate if I can.

Many thanks.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 4 months ago #52 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena for J! 3.0

mrartist wrote: I wanted to help with K 3.0 development but due to [my] lack of forum participation for K2.x, I did not qualify [to become a member of the Kunena team] ... I guess I'll just have to put those ideas on hold right now as I now urgently need to move the next evolution of my client's development site to J! 3.0.

We understand and we thank you for your interest. We're looking for people who genuinely want to make a difference.

We get a lot of people who want to "test" new versions of Kunena under development. Some of these people are genuine and some of them are simply just "checking things out". In effect, the rule-of-thumb that we use is pretty simple:

If people want to be a tester then they should have posted something like 20 messages on the forum to indicate that they know a little something about what Kunena does and how to use it.

If people want to me a forum moderator then they should have posted something like 50-100 messages on the forum that actually help others.

If people want to join as a developer, GitHub is there and, if you know your way around Joomla, PHP and GitHub, you don't really need any special privileges. Just hop on in, roll up your sleeves, dive in and help. However, it's good to use the application form, too, to give us a little bit of your background.
More
11 years 3 months ago #53 by YannickS
Replied by YannickS on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
Hey Sozzled,

is there a Kunena-developer Skype-chat or so? I must be honest, I haven´t the time to join the Kunena-team in full or to be really active here in the forum, because we have our own Joomla -business (mostly eCommerce). But if you need some high-value feedback and testing, we´re on your side - if you want.

Would be happy to help you to test the new K3.0 version on our beta-site - with no rush. We have developers and designers available to help you as good as we can.

A month ago we postet our free " Kunena solved plugin " here in the forum - so you can check, if we´re skilled enough to help you ;)

Maybe we can also talk about a new Kunena theme (for the next year) - you find my mail-adresse in my account. Do not hesitate to contact me, if you want.

Best regards,
Yannick
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #54 by tapi
Replied by tapi on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
Hello! Just one small message to say that I am really looking forward to get the release of Kunena 3. My new site is made with Joomla 3. Since the migration of my site (which was running with Joomla 1.5 with Kunena Forum) I had to close my forum until further notice. That's sad!
Now, according with what has been written above, I hope to get a beta version mid of January. That would be great.
By the way, a big "thank you" to the Kunena Team.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by tapi.
More
11 years 3 months ago #55 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
You should always make sure all extensions are compatible before upgrading. ;) Kunena is not the only one I'm waiting on for J 3.0. These things take time, lots of extensive testing and fixes need to take place. Otherwise Kunena will end up with a ton of people saying "Kunena promised it works with J 3.0 when it doesn't" or something like that.

I am now apart of the testing team, so I'll try and help be apart of the moving Kunena forward to J 3.0. But first there needs to be a working K 3.0.
More
11 years 3 months ago #56 by tapi
In order to offer some forum for my new Joomla 3 website, is anyone able to recommend some "other" forum, even if not as good as Kunena, but at least to use until K3 comes out. Thanks for your support.
More
11 years 3 months ago #57 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
Sneak Preview K3.0 !!!

Update:
We are working hard on the new release, please have some patience.

Regards Kunena Team
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: franch, woonydanny, Josh, John, Jiminimonka, YannickS
More
11 years 3 months ago #58 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
Looks good. :cheer: When the Kunena team feels comfortable enough, a link to a demo site would be nice.
More
11 years 3 months ago #59 by Wild Dog Design
Replied by Wild Dog Design on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
Hi, We are planning to use Kunena, but come to find out there isnt yet a version for Joomla 3. Can you give any indication at all as to a time frame so we can let our client know, even if a rough idea and no one will hold you to it.
Is there a development build? havent seen any on github.

Thanks in advance.
More
11 years 3 months ago #60 by tapi
Hi. I couldn't wait any longer. So I choosed PHPBB with an expensive Joomla Bridge. At least, it works, but is not as good as Kunena...
Time to create page: 0.599 seconds