Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged Kunena for J! 3.0

More
11 years 6 months ago #11 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Joomla 3?
Hello,

FYI, Kunena is a component not a module.

We are started to work on support on Joomla! 3.0 some week ago.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #12 by Shelbayeh
Replied by Shelbayeh on topic Joomla 3.0
Hey,

I was wondering, are we going to see a Kunena version for Joomla 3.0? If so, does anybody know when might that be released?

Thanks

UPDATE: I found another topic saying that Kunena team started working on Joomla 3, do we know a release date?
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Shelbayeh.
More
11 years 6 months ago #13 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
*** Topics merged ***

K 3.0 is not ready at this time. We encourage everyone to subscribe to the category Official Announcements And News About Kunena and then you will be informed, by email, when the new J! 3.0 compatible version of Kunena is available. B)
More
11 years 5 months ago #14 by neilblake
Replied by neilblake on topic Joomla 3
Hi. Just wondering if anyone knows when i'll be able to use Kunena in my Joomla 3 website please?

Thanks.
More
11 years 5 months ago #15 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Joomla 3
Details about the Kunena roadmap can be found here: Kunena Roadmap 2012

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
More
11 years 5 months ago #16 by sozzled
*** Topics merged (again) ***
More
11 years 5 months ago #17 by markokeeffe
Hi there,

I'm just wondering if there is a plan to release a version of Kunena that is compatible with Joomla 3.0? If so, do you know when it might be released?

Many thanks!

Mark
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #18 by sozzled
*** Topics merged (again) ***

G'day, Mark, and welcome to Kunena.

I suggest that, to save you time in future, you try searching the forum for what you're looking for - in this case "Joomla 3" in the subject. As you can see, this is a very topical subject at the moment and your question has been asked a few times before. To those people who continue to "wonder" if (a) the current version of Kunena is compatible with J! 3.0 or (b) when will there be available a public stable version of Kunena that will be compatible with J! 3.0, the answer is in two parts:
  • The compatibility requirements involving Joomla and Kunena are illustrated in the comparison table in K 2.0 Technical Requirements ; and
  • General information about the proposed work schedule for the Kunena project is outlined in Kunena roadmap 2012
To be kept informed (by email) of further updates in this matter, you should subscribe to the Official Announcements and News about Kunena category. I hope this answers your question and the same question that must be in minds of many others, too. ;)
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 5 months ago #19 by kiwi3685
Replied by kiwi3685 on topic K3 release date
We are starting to consider upgrading our site to Joomla 3, but the availability of a Kunena version for it is absolutely critical.

I note that the 2012 roadmap for K3 still gives a release date of this month. But I also know the roadmap stresses that all dates are approximate, which is perfectly reasonable

Can you give an update on the likely timetable at this stage?

Not looking to put any pressure on. We will work with whatever dates can be achieved, and would rather wait longer than have a rushed release.
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #20 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic K3 release date

kiwi3685 wrote: We are starting to consider upgrading our site to Joomla 3 ...

This is central to the discussion. When is a good time - the time - to start to consider upgrading an existing site to J! 3.0 or, for that matter, to use J! 3.0 on a new site? In my local JUG many of our meetings have been dominated, for years, with the question "When should I upgrade from J! x.x to J! y.y?" and, even today, people often ask me "Must I upgrade from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5?" :whistle:

I'm still amazed that there are J! 1.0 websites that continue to run, today, with Fireboard!

When you think about it, J! 1.6 really should have been called "J! 2.0" and we are all well aware of many problems that came with that early version, weren't we? J! 1.7 was an improvement but, even there, we were all well aware that this was not the long-sought-after long-term supported version of Joomla that we had been "promised" in 2008. In some ways it's similar for J! 3.0. There is no intention that J! 3.0 will be maintained for more than a couple of months; J! 3.0 is not a long-term supported version of Joomla. People should therefore question the usefulness of going from a known stable platform - one that will continue to be supported for the next 12-18 months - and move to something that is still in its early stages of development.

Two years ago, the Kunena leadership team proposed that the website www.kunena.org should be updated (i.e. converted over to J! 1.6) and it took two years before that work was started in earnest. As you know, it has only been less than 3 months since this website was updated and made-over for J! 2.5 and this was not an easy job. While there were wonderful new opportunities to be exploited in going to J! 2.5 there were also risks and difficulties in deciding whether it was worth our while hanging on to certain features that we were able to use in J! 1.5. We decided that it was actually better to eliminate those things that were unnecessary for our core business and concentrate on making the site work around what was vital to the project's interests. It was a difficult job and we spent many hours debating, discussing and arguing what we needed to do and how to accomplish the task. With the benefit of hindsight, I believe I can confidently proclaim our relief that we did not hasten our site redevelopment (by using J! 1.6) and that we decided to wait until J! 2.5 was available. Perhaps there are some lessons here in relation to J! 3.0, too? :lol:

Returning therefore to this most important question - when should people consider updating to J! 3.x (and therefore how important does Kunena need to be ready to work in that environment) - we could have a long (but, I'm sure it would be enjoyable) discussion about that question but this would not bring us any closer to an estimated release date for K 3.0.

The most important question in my mind (as a member of the Kunena leadership team) is the question of scope: what should be in and out of scope as far as the development of K 3.0 is concerned? I am not fully assured that we have completely resolved this question of scope among Kunena project team members. As far as I know, the only stated "objective" for K 3.0 is that it it will be the same as K 2.0 but one that work with J! 3.x and, also as far as I know, the indications are that the x has a value of "1".

From what I know about the development of K 3.0, the urgency that is driving the development effort is the anticipated release of J! 3.1 and the current indications of progress are that K 3.0 will not be released before J! 3.1 is released. These things may change but that's my current understanding of the situation.

I hope you don't mind that I gave you a discursive reply - without being able to state more surely about estimated dates for release - but such is the nature of working in an open-source software project where - like Joomla - those people who volunteer their time to produce the product have not, to date, generated a living from it. I always enjoy your questions and we appreciate the many contributions that you have made to the project. Thank you. :)
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.495 seconds