Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged Kunena for J! 3.0

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #91 by nsprime
Replied by nsprime on topic When K 3.0?
Glad to hear. Thank you for your hard work kunena team.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #92 by ricardo40
Replied by ricardo40 on topic Kunena and Joomla 3
Hello,
I alreadu know as the current version is not working with J3.
"When" a compatible version of Kunena will be appear ?
Thanks
More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #93 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena and Joomla 3
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, Ricardo, and welcome to Kunena.

This topic discusses your question about Kunena for J! 3.x. Kunena is a collaborative open source software project and you can follow the progress of Kunena on GitHub . If you are interested in assisting the team to develop the product, you can use GitHub to obtain the raw source and make your own comtribution.

At the time of writing this message, K 3.0 is still in alpha testing which means that it's not available to the general public for widespread use but, if people would like to become involved in helping the team to produce a better product we would be delighted for you to join us. If you do not have the software skills to help, there are many other ways people can assist us.

The short answer to your question, Ricardo, is that we are unable to guarantee a specific target date for delivery of a fully-tested and reliable K 3.0. The main problem, when one writes "we expect to have a fully tested version available in such-and-such timeframe", is that these words come back to haunt you if you fail to deliver in that timeframe or if the timeframe appears to be excessively lengthy. The team had hoped to have K 3.0 available about 2 months ago. It was unfortunate that unforeseen circumstances caused major delays to the progress of Kunena. Many of these delays involved urgent and time-consuming repairs to K 2.0.

Now that K 2.0 is well and truly behind us, the team can turn its full attention to building K 3.0. The team is working on K 3.0 as I write these notes - although, obviously, I am not working on K 3.0 because I am busy writing these notes for you and for the benefit of others who are interested n this question. ;)

I hope this information helps.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #94 by ricardo40
Replied by ricardo40 on topic Kunena and Joomla 3
Thanks a lot for your assistance.
More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #95 by Estacey2009
Replied by Estacey2009 on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
Hey there!
Glad to see everyone is alive and well, working hard - anxious to get out a version of this great Forum that can be used on websites running Joomla 3.0.

As it stands right now, I have no forum - the website seems to be doing ok without it and I might just be able to exist using another 'forum' like package that "Didn't wait until the release of Joomla 3.0 to get started on fixing and changing".. There are quite a few..

Anyway, I just wanted to comment that this thread started 5 months ago - and as of yet, not even a 'beta' version has been released.. What I have seen though are comments actually telling people to NOT switch to, nor try to build a site using Joomala 3.0. (One post even tried to make using J3.0 seem like such a bother).. I call those kinds of posts, 'anchors'.. as in They are a Drag and really slow down advancement..

NOBODY at Kunena should attempt to speak for the rest of the Joomla using community as in comments like, 'Most users are doing this or that..' They aren't.. the Joomla extension library has many, many, many (how many is many?... many) extensions already adjusted to Joomla 3.0..

I've even seen this 'delay' blamed on third party vendors who haven't updated their modules for Kunena (sheesh!.. it's 'someone' elses' fault?.. No Template?... please!..

I teach and choose to stay abreast of Joomla and right now 3.0 is the HOT stuff..

With Kunena on the 'back burner' waiting for everyone else and their mother to get things done so as to issue a NEW version... Well, I guess I could choose another forum and urge all the folks I"m teaching to build sites to do the same..

Thanks again.. but 5 months!.. no beta! It seems as if it'll be another year after you've released that before all the bugs will get worked out.. See ya Kunena!
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Estacey2009.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ymages, sixeleven
More
11 years 1 week ago #96 by ymages
Replied by ymages on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
Joomla 3 is the way to go now and easydiscuss is a good forum for Joomla 3

The problem of Kunena is that is is free , I prefer to pay and have regulary updates and support
The following user(s) said Thank You: sixeleven
More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #97 by sixeleven
Replied by sixeleven on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
thanks ymages - great tip!

i registered an account here for just one reason: to say goodbye kunena!

like estacey, i'm waiting since october 2012 for a j3-compatible version and everything i read in this forum is all the bullshit about "not to use j3"-blablabla. the roadmap of 2012 was (*** profane language removed by moderator ***) and not worth the paper it's written on. communication? not existing at kunena!

the thing i was waiting for was the tip from user ymages. absolutely great. i agree with ymages, i love to pay for a good product, support and updates.

keep kunena for yourself, guys. i'm away. 5 month lost for nothing... thanks!

i'm sure you'll delete this post.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by sozzled. Reason: Explained in post
More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #98 by ymages
Replied by ymages on topic Kunena for J! 3.0

5 month lost for nothing.

I am sorry for Kunena and the developers , but that's true
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by ymages.
More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #99 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
I will not waste time refuting the unfounded accusations made by some recent armchair critics in this topic. The Kunena team members are not saying that "most people are doing [whatever it is that people have suggested]". If people would like to assist the project, the door is always open. The team is currently working very hard to produce a beta test version for J! 3.x and that's the main fact.

I think it's important to remind people that Kunena is open source software development. There is no company behind Kunena; everyone who contributes to Kunena is a hobbyist, enthusiast or professional web developer who gives their time freely to this project - volunteers every one of us. Our hope is to make Kunena the most reliable, scalable, durable and robust forum component for Joomla that we can make it and to give people the best solution to meeting their forum needs. The forum is a self-help community-driven resource for users to help one another. Our job, in moderating the forum, is not necessarily to answer every question but, rather, to point people in the right direction where they can find the answers.

IMHO, this topic serves a useful purpose to provide an unofficial form of communication between the team and the commuunity. Official announcements about Kunena are posted in the Official Announcements and News about Kunena category and we encourage all members of the community to subscribe to this category to be kept informed about developments, announcements, and changes as they occur. However, as we all know, "announcements" tend to become the source for critics to remind us when those announcements (often made months or years ago) fail to meet original expectations..
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh
More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #100 by sixeleven
Replied by sixeleven on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
the thing is, my friend, that you are not interested in team-members which have not posted some hundred posts in the kunena-forum to help others.

there is no other thread in the official area of kunena with more information about k3. that is the problem! a professional team would have posted a new roadmap after realizing, that the old one is far away from reality.

let me say this: jomsocial had the same problems as kunena. bad support, no communication and the worst roadmaps on earth. they made it now, with a new owner and the customers are happy.

if kunena were a company with the need to earn money, they had to declare insolvent now.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by sixeleven.
Time to create page: 0.504 seconds