Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged Kunena for J! 3.0

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
You have already made your feelings clear about what you think of Kunena and what you intend to do. I do not think that any attempts made by me (or, perhaps, other members of the Kunena team) will change those feelings. We accept, cheerfully, comments and constructive criticisms from members of the community who want to make a difference.

In what ways, specifically, do you think we can take your criticism as constructive and helpful?

If you read my previous message, I wrote that there is no corporate entity behind Kunena; therefore corporate insolvency is not an issue and suggestions otherwise are counter-productive and misdirected in this place. We welcome genuine offers of help, from people who are willing to donate their time, their skills and their efforts, into the development of Kunena. As I mentioned earlier, "the door is always open" for those who have a genuine intention to make that difference. Your comments are duly noted.

In "roadmap terms" (and, keep in mind, the map is not the terrain), we hope to have a public beta test version of K 3.0 available shortly (within the next week or so) and a tested, stable version shortly thereafter.

At this time, K 3.0 is still in alpha testing. K 3.0 alpha has been tested well on new installations on J! 3.0 but I understand that there are still issues for people upgrading from K 2.0 -> K 3.0 on J! 2.5 platforms. It's this "upgrade" process that is holding things up. I hope that helps others, who remain interested in Kunena, to understand where we are currently at. :)

sixeleven wrote:

... you are not interested in team-members which have not posted some hundred posts in the kunena-forum to help others.

I am sorry but I do not know where you got that impression from. :S
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mortti
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 1 month ago #102 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Kunena for J! 3.0

sixeleven wrote: the thing is, my friend, that you are not interested in team-members which have not posted some hundred posts in the kunena-forum to help others.

Sozzled has done a amazing job as being a forum moderator. He has 17,704 forum posts and counting. He has had 2,533 thanks (not including the thanks people write out or appreciate without hitting the button). He has helped me out in quite a few cases and listens to some things I've mentioned (I believe he reported to the main team a issue I had a long time ago with time loading). Eventually these issues went 100% fixed! Or at least much better.

So before you go out telling folks "you are not interested in team members" ask yourself "what work has this individual put into the team". Assuming you took a few seconds to look you would see clearly that it's obvious Sozzled does care, he personally would love Kunena to work with Joomla 3.0. But everything needs to be done in it's time. I've seen what happens when unstable releases get out... people freak out saying "all this time and it doesn't even work" or other complaints.

Nobody wants a good enough job. We all want stability. We all want security. All of which are good things. But keep in mind good things take time, great things happen all at once! So we must all be patient for the development of Kunena 3.0. The internet to some see it as fast pace changes taking place all the time, in the grand scheme of things it takes a lot of time. Take HTML5 for example, it's a great addition to HTML, but it took a really long time for it to come out. I'm not trying to blame the W3C . But when your the one behind the wheel working for free, finding unexpected issues, and trying to make it work for every Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0 site, you run into a lot of complications.

So here's what I gotta say: Kunena Team, Rock on! Don't let a few complaints hinder the progress of what helps thousands of other people. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mortti
More
11 years 1 month ago #103 by ymages
Replied by ymages on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
The problem is that we are waiting to know what to do and what will be in this new version

will you still use UddeIM for private messaging ? which is the worst PM I have ever seen
will you use templates with LESS ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sixeleven
More
11 years 1 month ago #104 by sixeleven
Replied by sixeleven on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
yes, ok - i'm the mad guy but be sure, there are lots of potential customers thinking the same.

the only thing i wanted was:

- try to make a good job with your roadmaps
- if the roadmap fails, communicate the reasons and a new roadmap
- i repeat COMMUNICATION is the secret

its so easy. the thing you've got now, is a bunch of frustrated users. maybe they will forget about this unprofessional project management (i'm product manager for websites), but if you ever plan to make kunena commercial - they dont and that will cost more than this unwanted posts of mr. sixeleven.

out.
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #105 by sixeleven
Replied by sixeleven on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
sixeleven wrote:
... you are not interested in team-members which have not posted some hundred posts in the kunena-forum to help others.
I am sorry but I do not know where you got that impression from. :S

read in this thread and you'll see
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sixeleven.
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #106 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
Darn.... Kunena ate my lengthy reply (server error). :angry: It was actually quite good. I guess I'll have to remember to save my comments in the future when typing out long ones. :dry:

sixeleven wrote: I am sorry but I do not know where you got that impression from. :S

read in this thread and you'll see

See this post and you'll know what I'm talking about:
www.kunena.org/forum/77-General-Talk-abo...-3-0?start=90#141748
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Josh.
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #107 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic Kunena for J! 3.0
@sixeleven,

Kunena 3.0.0 Beta (NOT FOR production sites) come for public when developers think it's ready for public.
We don't have secrets... almost all it's in Github. And we have some issues which should fix before public release.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Mortti.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stefanm112
More
11 years 1 month ago #108 by ymages
isn't it possible to get Kunena Beta now to test it ? we are waiting since 6 months and we would like to have an idea if it is or not what we are waiting for

thank you to the team
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #109 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena for J! 3.0

ymages wrote: isn't it possible to get Kunena Beta now to test it?

If K 3.0 beta existed then it would be possible to test it, yes. K 3.0 beta does not exist. If people are interested in seeing K 3.0 there's no problem with that, K 3.0 source code is freely available at Github.

But let me make a few points absolutely crystal-clear.

(1) Versions of Kunena that are classed as alpha or beta are not supported. If people use test versions then they accept full responsibility for understanding how to (a) install Kunena, (b) upgrade Kunena, and (c) resolve any problems that they have with using Kunena.

(2) There is no installation or upgrade guide for K 3.0

(3) There is no public forum category at K.org for people to post the results of their tests.

(4) There is no "going back" if you decide you do not like K 3.0. If you use K 3.0 on a production website and it does not work for you, or you have problems with it, or the template doesn't match your site décor (or for any other reason) then that's entirely a matter for you to deal with.

But if (aware of the caveats and risks that I have outlined) people are willing to assist the team, if people have the time to do some real work and help the whole community to achieve a better product, and people are prepared to use that time to report the results of their tests to the developers, then the door is open. Join the team. Information on how to join the team is available on the team page.

Please note that membership of the team is not automatic simply by completing the application form with the words "I want to test K 3.0"; people will improve their chances of being accepted into the team by the quality of what they write in their membership application.

I hope that answers your question, ymages. :)
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #110 by ymages
I just want to try a version after having waited 6 months , to know if I give up or wait again 6 months
I'd like to pay 100 € for a good forum for Joomla 3 but there is nothing actually
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by ymages.
Time to create page: 0.651 seconds