Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration

More
12 years 10 months ago #51 by frold
What if you have data in you kunena setup will it merge data to jomSocial?

As I understand this plugin does it the opposite way from JomSocial --> Kunena

I need the profile info from Kunena --> JomSocial profile!!

@RolandDeschain

kunena/ jomsocial karma hack?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #52 by Neocold
frold, you are correct, this takes info from a page within JomSocial and inputs it into Kunena for viewing under the avatar on the forums. I'm sorry it wont work for you.

For everyone asking if this is compatible with the latest versions I am sorry but I can not personally say, and if something breaks on new versions at the moment I am unable to fix it. I do not have access to the latest versions of JomSocial and I do not plan on paying for access until at least fall of 2011. Frankly I am tired of paying for beta testing JomSocial, they need to finish and fix what they have before adding more new incomplete features.

The good news is that I am currently trying to learn to write plugins for Joomla, once I learn I will turn this hack into an actual plugin.

Best Wishes,
Neocold

Maker of:
JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration
JomSocial and Kunena Karma Integration
Both are available at my website.

• C0n
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #53 by C0n
In my opinion Neocold joomla is free, Kunena is free jomsocial and every other extension that runs of free platforms should not be sold, And should also be made free!

It is just wrong! That there allowed to sell it.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by C0n.

More
12 years 10 months ago #54 by alanelf
Neocold does this work on jomsocial 2.2 and kunena 1.6.4

More
12 years 9 months ago #55 by yaksushi

alanelf wrote: Neocold does this work on jomsocial 2.2 and kunena 1.6.4

It worked for jomsocial 2.2.2 except the toolbar.php hack, they totally changed the toolbar.php file around. Good new is I left this out in 2.2.2 and it still worked, I just created a menu link in the new jomsocial menu to the forumsettings.php file and it worked.

Badnews is I just tried to update my test site to jomsocial 2.2.3 and they have changed something, the mod no longer works. I'm unable to call the forumsettings.php file like it did in the previous version. Something is causing a constant 404 when I try to access it. Anyone figure this out yet?

More
12 years 9 months ago #56 by Lelldorianx
Is this project still alive?

More
12 years 9 months ago #57 by Neocold
Hello yaksushi and Lelldorianx,

I will be working on a fix for JomSocial 2.2.3 tonight and hope to have it released no later than tomorrow night.

The project is still alive, its just more in a state of hibernation until this fall.

Maker of:

More
12 years 9 months ago #58 by Neocold
Whoa, yaksushi is correct, they really screwed things up. I am working on solutions but tomorrow night is probably not going to happen =(

Maker of:

More
12 years 9 months ago #59 by yaksushi

Neocold wrote: Whoa, yaksushi is correct, they really screwed things up. I am working on solutions but tomorrow night is probably not going to happen =(

LOL yeah everything is good except the toolbar.php. It's because now you can create the jomsocial menu like all other joomla menu's. Neo if it's any help I got it working in jomsocial 2.2.2 by creating a menu item linking to the forumsettings... But this doesn't work in 2.2.3.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #60 by Neocold
WOW, I feel really dumb....

I screwed up when I applied my hack to the test environment.... I left a few files out and it was causing all kinds of problems. Everything does still work perfectly except the toolbar menu. This is a very simple fix and I would have given it to you in 5 minutes a few days ago had I not screwed up the installation of my own hack. LOL.

The fix: Create the menu item, set type to "External URL" and the link to "index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&task=forumsettings"

Again, I am sorry for the massive screw up... I feel really dumb right now.

I will be working on cleaning up the code and removing the extra files that you get redirected to now that I am a little more experienced with php than I was during the initial creation of this hack.

EDIT: Oh ya, tested working with Joomla 1.6.5 Kunena 1.6.4 and JomSocial 2.2.3

Maker of:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Neocold.

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds