Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration

More
12 years 9 months ago #71 by Neocold
I don't want to make any promises on when I will finish the rewrite of the code. I am currently purchasing a house and in the final stages so I am rather busy between my day job, website clients, and purchasing the house.

The good news is that the old version still works, just do not apply the hack to the toolbar file and you will be fine. I likely will not add any new features to the release I am working on now. It is just a clean up to make it easier to apply the hack and enter your website's custom database values.

No promises, but I might be able to finish and get the next release out in 2 weeks from now. I will be in Vegas from today to Monday for a wedding so that alone kills almost an entire week of work I could get done.

Maker of:
JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration
JomSocial and Kunena Karma Integration
Both are available at my website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #72 by brokenshadows

struchli wrote: If I want to see my profile, I get the following error message:

And If I want to see the Frontpage, I get the following error message:
Fatal error: Class 'CToolbarLibrary' not found in /home/www/web381/html/schule/Joomla/components/com_community/views/views.php on line 141

i'm having the same issue...i first tried the standard install (just copying the files up to the correct places), and when that didn't work, i tried the manual hacks...either way, i get the same error.

Was a fix ever found?

More
12 years 9 months ago #73 by Neocold
The issue was he had the code copy/pasted wrong. Please make sure that you do not have any lines of code commented out. Also make sure it is formated like you see it in the instructions file (not bunched up in a line or two) just to be safe.

Maker of:

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #74 by brokenshadows
i'm pretty sure i did it correctly...i cut & pasted directly from the manual instructions into wherever the instructions told me to...but i still got the error...
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by brokenshadows. Reason: spelling sucks

More
12 years 9 months ago #75 by Neocold
Im sorry I just reread your error. Please re-read the instructions and edit the correct files. You should not have edited views/views.php it should have been views/profile/view.html.php

Make that change and recheck that the other files you edited were the correct ones and everything should be fine.

Maker of:

More
12 years 9 months ago #76 by brokenshadows
now i've run into another problem...in trying to follow the instructions again, i get to the last step where i have to edit the toolbar.php file, and i can't find the lines to replace...although before, i could have sworn they were there

i'm looking for:
Code:
$defaultCoreMenuArray['PROFILE_EDIT_PREFERENCES'] = $this->_addDefaultItem( JText::_('CC EDIT PREFERENCES'), CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&task=preferences') )

i know i am working with the originals because i reinstalled both jomsocial and kunena

i'm not sure where i screwed up at, or why the lines aren't there to edit anymore...

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #77 by brokenshadows
i'm attaching my toolbar.php file. i tried to look at surrounding code to see where it might need to be pasted, and mine looks a bit empty when compared to the one in your download :( so i'm lost...
toolbar.php

EDIT: well, i was going to attach it, but it didn't let me...
EDIT2: uploaded it to mediafire www.mediafire.com/file/3r7giht18v69rt3/toolbar.php
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by brokenshadows.

More
12 years 9 months ago #78 by Neocold
The toolbar file has changed. It is the only file you no longer edit. Instead go into the admin backend and add the menu item as you would anything else in joomla.

Maker of:
The following user(s) said Thank You: brokenshadows

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #79 by brokenshadows
i know this is going to sound like a reeeeeealy stupid question...but what menu am i adding where? it's been a long few days now and my brain is a bit fuzzy...

EDIT: do i add a new menu item in JomSocial and point it's link to 'index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&task=forumsettings' ?
EDIT2: nope, that's not working...it won't let me edit the link field :(
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by brokenshadows.

More
12 years 8 months ago #80 by Neocold
Brokenshadows,

The link should be "Forum Settings" under the jomsocial Profile dropdown. Check page 6 of this topic on post 60 for the actual link.

Sorry I can't post it directly here I am in Vegas and giving you support via my cell phone.

Maker of:

Time to create page: 0.625 seconds