Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration

More
12 years 3 months ago #91 by Lelldorianx
I'd love to see an update to this... I'd be happy to pay for the work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #92 by Neocold
Hello everyone,

I am currently on track to work on the Joomla 1.7 and JomSocial 2.4 version of this next week for a client's website that I am currently migrating.

I will post back here when the updated version is available.

Sorry for the great delay in my updates.

Maker of:
JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration
JomSocial and Kunena Karma Integration
Both are available at my website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lelldorianx

More
12 years 3 months ago #93 by Lelldorianx
Any idea if Joomla 1.5 + Newest Kunena + JS 2.4 will be working with this update?

If not, I'd imagine I should be able to port over most of your work to J 1.5, right? Let me know what your thoughts are or PM me with your rates if you'd consider a custom job.

More
12 years 3 months ago #94 by Neocold
Honestly I am not sure. I think that the Joomla 1.5 and JS 2.4 will work (just skip the JS menu part of my hack... refer back a couple pages in this topic for directions), but I have not looked into the changes in Kunena lately.

Maker of:

More
12 years 2 months ago #95 by Neocold
I am ahead of schedule, the hack is almost fully modified and ready for release. Stay tuned.

Maker of:

More
12 years 2 months ago #96 by Voice4Vision
Sounds awesome. can't wait. What about your Karma Integration? Would that need upgrading as well or is it even necessary. Have not had time to play around with either.

Thank you,
Voice4Vision

More
12 years 2 months ago #97 by Neocold
I have now released the new version of my JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration and it is available at my website www.ColdSystems.net

The details:
  • Massive rewrite of all the code.
  • Elminated files: fsi2.php, forumsettingsinsert.php, toolbar.php
  • Edit Profile and Forum Settings pages will no longer redirect to another page to store the information then back to the original page, it is all done on the same page now
  • No Longer need to manually set your database values, the hack will query the database and get the information it needs to operate
  • No Longer need to setup the Forum Settings link on the Profile dropdown menu in JomSocial, the hack will query the database and add the link itself
  • No Longer need to manually upload each file to each directory, simply FTP to your website root and upload the "components" folder, everything will be placed where it needs to go.
  • Fields in the Forum Settings page are now run through an escape string (security) before storing in the MySQL database.
  • Hack download includes the unmodified versions of the original files in case needed.
  • Basically a "Plug and Play" installation now!!

On another note, I have now switched my offering of this integration hack over to a subscription base. It is a mere $5.00 a year for the hack and support which will now be offered on my website.

To get things started I am offering a 50% off coupon through January 31, 2012.

You can also signup on my website and test drive the integration before purchase if desired.

I am sorry if anyone feels this is asking too much. Those 4 people that donated during the year that I provided this for free are receiving free lifetime subscriptions should they desire them. The emails have already been sent to those persons, please, do not spam saying you donated...

Moderators, Please feel free to lock this topic if so desired.

Maker of:

More
12 years 2 months ago #98 by Neocold

Voice4Vision wrote: Sounds awesome. can't wait. What about your Karma Integration? Would that need upgrading as well or is it even necessary. Have not had time to play around with either.

Thank you,
Voice4Vision

Hi Voice4Vision,
I'm sure it could use a little updating, I am putting it on my to do list. I plan on seeing if it even still works by putting it on my website in the next week.

Maker of:

More
12 years 2 months ago #99 by henrik1782
He neocold...

A subscription for 5$ is ok, especially if it is maintained... but it is generally the wrong path.

A lot of developers have made great project for free and if you look around now, even small adjustments are paid extension for a lot more than 5$.

I am very happy that you have made this integration, one that should be part of Kunena. JomSocial and Community Builder are the two most used user platforms, so why is Kunena not more closely integrated to these components.

Anywhy thanks a lot... Joomla 2.5 are announced to be released today, and JomSocial are going to be upgraded accordingly, so I hope the integration will work for that to.

Anyway thanks a lot for you effort and I will make a subscription.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #100 by yaksushi
Neo, I'm also migrating a site over to 1.7 then upgrading to 2.5, I'll make my changes manually and check back.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by yaksushi.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds