Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration

More
13 years 3 months ago #21 by Azure
Thank you very much for applying that neat hack which provides for 'thank you's' rec'd and given to be visible on the Jomsocial profile page along with 'applaud' count. Very, very B) !

I also like this other enhancement to show 'Forum settings' in the drop down menu. Given all the other changes you've already made, what file(s) specifically do I need to update within version 2.3 for this to be added to my site?

Cheers,

Azure

Neocold wrote: Updated to version 2.3 which adds the "Forum Settings" link to the "Profile" dropdown menu in JomSocial. Screen shot available in OP and on my website.

"Do or do not, there is no try..."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #22 by Neocold
For 2.3 the only file that was changed was I added toolbar.php

Azure, I just now applied this to your website for you and fixed the lines on the Forum Settings page again :D

EDIT: I will start including change logs in the zips from now on.

Maker of:
JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration
JomSocial and Kunena Karma Integration
Both are available at my website.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Neocold.

More
13 years 3 months ago #23 by snilloconator
Just making sure that this is for Kunena 1.6 because this is in the K1.5 tips and tricks section...

More
13 years 3 months ago #24 by Azure
Is there a 1.6 Tips and Tricks section? :whistle:

snilloconator wrote: Just making sure that this is for Kunena 1.6 because this is in the K1.5 tips and tricks section...

More
13 years 3 months ago #25 by Azure
Star man! B)

Who keeps messing with those lines? :S

Neocold wrote: For 2.3 the only file that was changed was I added toolbar.php

Azure, I just now applied this to your website for you and fixed the lines on the Forum Settings page again :D

EDIT: I will start including change logs in the zips from now on.

More
13 years 3 months ago #26 by Neocold

snilloconator wrote: Just making sure that this is for Kunena 1.6 because this is in the K1.5 tips and tricks section...

Afirm this is now for K 1.6 originally it was only for 1.5

A K 1.6 hacks section has been requested several times but as the mod said in my Karma Integration thread they are holding off (for in my opinion dumb reasons because hacks still need to be posted somewhere.....)

Maker of:

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #27 by nater77
This is a great hack, thanks for putting this together.

I have one question about the latest version (2.3). I notice the location information should be getting pulled from the database (city, state). There are two additional fields I had to update from my jos_community_fields table, however they're not auto-populating on the forum.

I think I understand what's supposed to happen, but then again, I'm not sure now. :unsure:

Thanks again...I appreciate it,
Nate

P.S. I'm running K1.6.2 and JS2.0.4. I ran a file comparison and didn't see any changes that would cause issues with the city/state information...at least that I could tell.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by nater77.

More
13 years 2 months ago #28 by Neocold

nater77 wrote: This is a great hack, thanks for putting this together.
I notice the location information should be getting pulled from the database (city, state). There are two additional fields I had to update from my jos_community_fields table, however they're not auto-populating on the forum.

When you say there are two additional fields you had to update are you saying you had to add City and State and that the location field is not updating? Or is there more that is not updating?

Maker of:

More
13 years 2 months ago #29 by snilloconator
Will this be tested with the latest jomsocial 2.0.4 and Kunena 1.6.2. Looking forward to implementing this. Looks Great!

More
13 years 2 months ago #30 by Neocold

snilloconator wrote: Will this be tested with the latest jomsocial 2.0.4 and Kunena 1.6.2. Looking forward to implementing this. Looks Great!

I just confirmed that this works with K 1.6.2 and by looking at the change log for JS from 2.0.2 - 2.0.4 I am confident in saying without testing that this WILL work. If you want to be 100% safe when you get to the this part of the instructions:

>>********************************<<
>>********PLEASE NOTE*************<<
>>********************************<<
THESE FOLLOWING FILES ARE EDITS OF ORIGINAL JS 2.0.2 COMPONENT FILES. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE CHANGES TO THESE FILES/ARE USING JS 1.8.9 YOU CAN/SHOULD FOLLOW THE MANUAL INSTRUCTIONS AND SKIP UPLOADING THESE:
USING THESE JS 2.0.2 FILES TO REPLACE YOUR JS 1.8.9 FILES WILL CAUSE SERIOUS PROBLEMS. FOR JS 1.8.9 USERS YOU MUST USE THE MANUAL INSTRUCTIONS.

skip uploading and apply the hack manually.

Naturally if you do encounter any problems feel free to let me know.

Maker of:

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds