Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration

More
13 years 3 months ago #31 by nater77
For the additional fields, there are two field_ids that are being called in forumsettings and fosi2. I believe they are city and state. When I update those field_ids to match my jos_community_fields table, the information is not populated in the forum. The icon doesn't show up either. I'm assuming this will auto-populate like the website URL. I have the fields set up in my JS registration so all users have the correct info in the DB.

I might not be understanding how it works too...so there's that. :)

Thanks for your time...I appreciate it,
Nate

P.S. This works with K1.6.2 and JS2.0.4 (except my city/state hiccup). I did a file compare/merge with the new JS changes just to be safe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #32 by Neocold
nater77,

Double check that you have the correct info, if you are pulling the number from jos_community_fields then you are looking for the number in the "id" column NOT the "id" or "ordering", if you are pulling it from the jos_community_fields_values then you are looking for the number in the "field_id" column NOT the "id" or "user_id".

If you are sure that you have the correct id number entered then if you want you can PM me cpanel and site access info, I will find the problem and fix it and let you know what it was so in the future you know what to look for. :P

Maker of:
JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration
JomSocial and Kunena Karma Integration
Both are available at my website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nater77

More
13 years 3 months ago #33 by nater77
Hi again,

I know what the problem is. I have my state field set up as a drop-down for people to select their state...it's not a text box. So, I think I need to make a couple of modifications to get it to display correctly. I'll give it a shot and let you know if get it figured out.

Thanks for your time...I'll keep ya posted,
Nate

More
13 years 3 months ago #34 by Neocold
Hum, it should still work. What happens with my hack is when you click save on the profile edit page it takes you to my fsi2 page for a second. The fsi2 page then pulls the values from the database (what you saved on the profile edit page is in the database before you get to my fsi2 page) then my fsi2 page submits the pulled values to the kunena database.

In end if its a textbox or a dropdown it should still work so long as there is a value in the jos_community_fields_values database.

Sent from my Droid X

Maker of:

More
13 years 3 months ago #35 by silberfuchs
Hi,

I am running your hack and I am very happy about it. The only thing I am not clear about it is the ICQ field. What do I have to fill in. Only the number leads to an issue - it opens an empty page (cmd.php)...any idea to support me?

Thanks a lot!

More
13 years 3 months ago #36 by Neocold
silberfuchs,

Unfortunately I do now know what needs to be entered. I don't use ICQ so I cant test it and also that link is coming from Kunena itself, if you have your ICQ field filled in on these kunena.org forums and click the link in your kunena forums profile it reacts the same way. I guess Kunena might have the link wrong?

Maker of:

More
13 years 3 months ago #37 by Neocold
Updated to Version 2.4

This version adds the ICQ, AIM, YIM, MSN, SKYPE, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, etc. links to the JomSocial Profile.

PLEASE note the instructions if you are not using the default template.

There is now a change log in the zip.

Maker of:

More
13 years 3 months ago #38 by silberfuchs
I would like to ask if I update Kunena from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 if I have to reinstall the hack?

More
13 years 3 months ago #39 by Neocold

silberfuchs wrote: I would like to ask if I update Kunena from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 if I have to reinstall the hack?

Yes you will, however only the files going into the **/components/com_kunena/ subdirectories.... off the top of my head I think they are socialbuttons2.php profile.vertical.php profile.horizontal.php you can find out for sure by looking in theinstructions and see what files go in the kunena subdirectories.

Sent from my Droid X

Maker of:

More
13 years 3 months ago #40 by nater77
Hi,

Quick question (since I can't find anything on the forums). Is it possible to pull the JS birthday and format into Kunena? I want to change the format to the Month/Day that's in JS but can't find how to do it. Would seem it could be pulled using this integration hack.

Thanks,
Nate

Time to create page: 0.672 seconds