Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration

More
13 years 4 months ago #11 by Azure
Thanks Neocold! That all makes sense and surely points to why I'm encountering problems as I'm using the template, aup_bluface. Obviously when default was mentioned in the instructions guide, knowing that a lot of the files within that folder are still used despite selecting another template, I assumed that's where I needed to place them. It is a good thing to upgrade your instructions to reflect this.

When you talk about manually inserting the code in the profile.edit.php file, do you mean adding it to the file you provided or within the file located in the aup_bluface folder? I don't see a profile.edit.php file in that directory, so I guess you mean the former?

Cheers for your help with this, it's mucho appreciated.

Azure

Neocold wrote: Azure,

Please check your Template settings in JomSocial. Go to Components >> JomSocial >> Configurations >> Layout and in the upper left below the menu where you selected Layout check which template you have set.

If your template is not set to default then you need to adjust my installation instructions accordingly for the template you are using.

If the template were set to default you would be replacing your **/components/com_community/templates/default/profile.edit.php with my included version of it. If you are not using the default template you need to follow the instructions for MANUALLY inserting the required code into that file in the appropriate template directory.

You also need to Add files:
forumsettings.php
forumsettingsinsert.php
fsi2.php
to **/components/com_community/templates/default/ where default again would be the appropriate template directory.

If you are indeed using the default template and the hack is still not working let me know.

As for Kunena 1.6.1 and JS 2.0.2 I have verified that this hack works with those versions by fixing the problem Michaell was having with the above solution.

I will update my installation instructions to note this.

"Do or do not, there is no try..."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #12 by Azure
Hey Neocold!

Ok, I've followed this new set of instructions and while I am able to access the first page (user account settings) of the Kunena profile area via the 'Edit details' link, when clicking on the 'Forum settings' link on that page I'm taken back to the JS profile page. My guess is there's a plugin or something akin to that causing this. I do have the extended toolbar hack in place. I wonder if it is this that is causing this problem?

What do you reckon?

More
13 years 4 months ago #13 by Neocold
Azure, sorry about that, I did provide the wrong info on the profile.edit.php file.

As to why it is not working I am not sure, and I do not have a aup_bluface template on any of my installs?? We have two options here:

1) zip up and send me the aup_bluface template you have and I'll see what I can find out
2) Send me Cpanel and Website access information and I'll solve the problem myself

either way, send the info to Webmaster at ColdSystems.net

Maker of:
JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration
JomSocial and Kunena Karma Integration
Both are available at my website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Azure

More
13 years 4 months ago #14 by Azure
Have emailed you with CPanel and J! admin access details.

Thank you!

Neocold wrote: Azure, sorry about that, I did provide the wrong info on the profile.edit.php file.

As to why it is not working I am not sure, and I do not have a aup_bluface template on any of my installs?? We have two options here:

1) zip up and send me the aup_bluface template you have and I'll see what I can find out
2) Send me Cpanel and Website access information and I'll solve the problem myself

either way, send the info to Webmaster at ColdSystems.net

More
13 years 4 months ago #15 by Neocold
Azure, I have sent you two emails. Please note the issue I am having with your site as it is preventing me from testing this fix.

In file **/componenets/com_community/controllers/profile.php you were missing:
Code:
public function forumsettings() { CFactory::setActiveProfile(); $user =& JFactory::getUser(); if($user->id == 0) { return $this->blockUnregister(); } if(JRequest::getVar('action', '', 'POST') != ''){ $this->_saveProfile(); } $model = & $this->getModel('profile'); $model->setProfile('hello me'); $document =& JFactory::getDocument(); $viewType = $document->getType(); $viewName = JRequest::getCmd( 'view', $this->getName() ); $data = new stdClass(); $data->profile = $model->getEditableProfile($user->id); $view = & $this->getView( $viewName, '', $viewType); $this->_icon = 'forumsettings'; if(!$data->profile) echo $view->get('error', JText::_('CC USER NOT FOUND') ); else echo $view->get(__FUNCTION__, $data); } public function forumsettingsinsert() { CFactory::setActiveProfile(); $user =& JFactory::getUser(); if($user->id == 0) { return $this->blockUnregister(); } if(JRequest::getVar('action', '', 'POST') != ''){ $this->_saveProfile(); } $model = & $this->getModel('profile'); $model->setProfile('hello me'); $document =& JFactory::getDocument(); $viewType = $document->getType(); $viewName = JRequest::getCmd( 'view', $this->getName() ); $data = new stdClass(); $data->profile = $model->getEditableProfile($user->id); $view = & $this->getView( $viewName, '', $viewType); $this->_icon = 'forumsettingsinsert'; if(!$data->profile) echo $view->get('error', JText::_('CC USER NOT FOUND') ); else echo $view->get(__FUNCTION__, $data); } public function fsi2() { CFactory::setActiveProfile(); $user =& JFactory::getUser(); if($user->id == 0) { return $this->blockUnregister(); } if(JRequest::getVar('action', '', 'POST') != ''){ $this->_saveProfile(); } $model = & $this->getModel('profile'); $model->setProfile('hello me'); $document =& JFactory::getDocument(); $viewType = $document->getType(); $viewName = JRequest::getCmd( 'view', $this->getName() ); $data = new stdClass(); $data->profile = $model->getEditableProfile($user->id); $view = & $this->getView( $viewName, '', $viewType); $this->_icon = 'fsi2'; if(!$data->profile) echo $view->get('error', JText::_('CC USER NOT FOUND') ); else echo $view->get(__FUNCTION__, $data); }

which leads me to believe that you applied the code changes manually because I just verified that my included version of this file does have that code in it.

Please check if it is now working, if it is still not working then respond to my email about the redirection issue and how I can connect to the site we are working on.

Thank You.

Maker of:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Azure, camsarim

More
13 years 4 months ago #16 by Neocold
Azure, I remembered how to access a site through another method... anyway, that was the problem and all is now working! You also needed to adjust this section as noted:
Code:
IMPORTANT NOTE: You may have to edit forumsettings.php and fsi2.php to update the field_id to match your database for websiteurl, gender, birthdate these changes would be made in the 3 lines such as: $db->setQuery("SELECT * FROM #__community_fields_values AS su LEFT JOIN #__users AS u ON u.id=su.user_id WHERE su.user_id='{$my->id}' AND su.field_id='21'"); at the end where it contains: su.field_id='21'"); where 21 is the field_id in your mysql database table of **_community_fields_values
but I took care of that for you and I am now seeing the trend in default installs where that value is 12, so I will make that the default value in my zip file to hopefully alleviate that problem for everyone in the future.

So, everything is now working for you, let me know if you have any more problems. ;)

Maker of:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Azure

More
13 years 4 months ago #17 by Azure
Hey Neocold!

To say that I am over the moon with both your excellent hack and hands-on support would be a total understatement! Thank you, thank you and a BIG thank you for everything you have done to help get our footy fan site ready for its re-launch!

Full Kunena and Jomsocial integration is fully realised through your hard work and efforts and I commend you for all that you're doing to aid in this respect.

I will be making a donation to you because I value your expertise and extremely expeditious and meticulous approach to helping me implement a critical tool for the new site.

Thanks again and a Merry Christmas to you if you celebrate such a beast! ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Neocold

More
13 years 4 months ago #18 by Neocold
Thank You very much for the kind words and generous donation. Feel free to let me know if you experience any more problems.

Again, Thank You.

Maker of:

More
13 years 4 months ago #19 by Azure
You're very welcome! ;)

More
13 years 3 months ago #20 by Neocold
Updated to version 2.3 which adds the "Forum Settings" link to the "Profile" dropdown menu in JomSocial. Screen shot available in OP and on my website.

Maker of:

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds