Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags?

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #61 by sozzled
G'day, raciloni, and welcome to Kunena.

I had a quick look at the AEF forum referred to in the previous post. Although the home page of the website mentions WYSIWYG I did not find any messages posted at the site that demonstrated any such capability. From what I saw, Kunena's features are a much more advanced than AEF. Other forum software may or may not use WYSIWYG editors. As far as Kunena is concerned, please read again what I wrote a few messages ago.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #62 by benjamin2
Hi...
kunena is great..
it's only problem is related to the bbcodes editor .
Is there any news on the development of the editor?

More
13 years 5 months ago #63 by The World
I don't like BBC, i like editor with html (JEC is good) for admin and mod, can i do it ?

More
13 years 5 months ago #64 by N6REJ
I'd really like an official response to this with Kunena 1.6 out. Can we plz use an editor like JCE now? I realize you don't feel its secure, but many of us want that functionality.

More
13 years 5 months ago #65 by sozzled
The official response ...

Officially-speaking, K 1.6 (as with the previous versions before it) uses a proprietary form of BBcode . The BBcode editor used in Kunena cannot be used in other Joomla extensions. There is no intention to change this at the present time.

Unofficially-speaking (and subject to change), it is an objective of the K 2.0 project to extend and improve the BBcode used within Kunena and to make the editor function portable for use with other Joomla extensions. There is the possibility that a limited form of HTML may be allowed in future versions of Kunena.

Officially-speaking, you cannot use an editor like JCE now.

More
13 years 5 months ago #66 by N6REJ

sozzled wrote: The official response ...

Officially-speaking, K 1.6 (as with the previous versions before it) uses a proprietary form of BBcode . The BBcode editor used in Kunena cannot be used in other Joomla extensions. There is no intention to change this at the present time.

Unofficially-speaking (and subject to change), it is an objective of the K 2.0 project to extend and improve the BBcode used within Kunena and to make the editor function portable for use with other Joomla extensions. There is the possibility that a limited form of HTML may be allowed in future versions of Kunena.

Officially-speaking, you cannot use an editor like JCE now.

I really appreciate and respect the rapid and polite response to this. I know its a very "hot" topic.
and I can fully appreciate both perspectives.
I feel that w/o specifically stating so you full comprehend the dilemma we face. We need/want a consistent well designed and powerful editor throughout the site.

I don't know that I can live with Kunena until that happens, but until I've explored 1.6 more I can't answer either way.
I'll only ask that you keep thinking of your user-base as you sort through this dilemma and realize FOR US, this is an important point.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #67 by dazzafact
I like the idea of this topic too, because it is easyer with formated Text!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by dazzafact.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #68 by Gert
Replied by Gert on topic Problem with Bbcode
Hello,

I have problems with the Bbcode on my website. When I am writing text in a forum and I will make text bold, underline etc. then I see text en bbcode as well. After I submit the message and read the message then the text is bold, underline etc.

I thought that this is a problem on my website with mootools 1.2 but by surprise, while I am writing this text, I get the same problems.
On the left-under side I see the following internet explorer errors:
Row:467, Token:3, error: Not implemented. code:0, url:http://www.kunena.org/forum.newtopic
Row:2, Token:47606, error: Property or method not supported. code:0, url:http://www.kunena.org/forum.newtopic

On my PC I am using windows xp an on my laptop windows 7. In both case the problems are present.

Hopefully you can help me.

Regards,
Gert

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 12M

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway | author: Andy Miller | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Gert.

More
13 years 3 months ago #69 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Problem with Bbcode
I'm sorry but I don't fully understand the problem. Perhaps a picture that shows us what you are experiencing would help.

As far as the Internet Explorer errors are concerned, these may (or may not) be related. IE often objects to many things that other web browsers do not object to. To help analyse this problem, do you have a test account on your forum that we can use.

More
13 years 3 months ago #70 by Gert
Replied by Gert on topic Re: Problem with Bbcode
I was meaning the following: Is it possible to have a wysiwyg-editor for this forum instead of the putting-code-via-the-board-codes-around-the-letters?

Time to create page: 0.657 seconds