Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags?

More
12 years 4 months ago #101 by N6REJ
I think thats a good answer... Give me the ability to use standard html bold, italic,tables, styling etc, without haveing to resort to [] statements.
allow me to c/p html articles and have kunena translate it into bbcode if it wish's but still display it as it would if it was pure html page.
allow me to include ANY video in my posts... kunena lists a LONG line of supported video formats which is fantastic, but most don't work.
allow me to insert mp3 easily....
let me see what it is its going to look like as I type...

do those things and I'll be a very happy camper. I could care less if its in perl, cobolt, bbcode, or mike magic voodoo.. what I care about is ease of use. There are bbcode wysiwig editors so.......................

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #102 by Matias
Main reason why Kunena doesn't support HTML is because of we just don't have time to do everything at once. Kunena 2.0 has designed so that it's easy to add HTML/WYSIWYG support, but I would still need a week or two to implement it. And time is the number one luxury which I'm mostly lacking (partly because of I need to earn some money, too).

There's a lot that cannot be done with HTML that can be done with BBCode. And there are things that cannot be done with BBCode, but are easy with HTML. It's just matter of taste.

The main reason why we are not implementing this now is that even without adding any feature to Kunena 2.0, it will take some time to get it stable. Adding new features would mean yet more waiting.

More
12 years 4 months ago #103 by N6REJ
ty Matias thats the best answer I've heard since this thread started almost 3yrs ago. Perhaps after 3yrs its something that can finally start getting worked on albeit slowly.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #104 by sozzled
It's been a moot point for the past three years. On the one hand we've said that there are many good reasons why it's not possible (maybe we should have said it's not achievable in the short-term). On the one hand there are many technical difficulties associated with implementing this feature. As much as people can assert that "it's really easy", unless you have the technical understanding of what's involved and how to dovetail a WYSIWYG editor into a complex piece of software like Kunena, these merely remain assertions. There's little point in the moderator team (or the developers) arguing against those assertions and that's probably why this topic has remained unresolved or that there haven't been responses that are satisfactory.

On the other hand, there's also a need to safeguard the potential that allowing a security loophole to creep into Kunena jeopardises the ability to have Kunena listed on the JED. Way back in the days of J 1.5.6, there was a likelihood that the potential for XSS exploits nearly had Kunena removed from the JED. That's why so much work has been done (and will continue to be done) to prevent security hazards.

Thanks for your understanding. I'm sorry I did not make myself clearer on this point before. Looking back over the past three years in this topic, I have tried on many occasions to make those points but they're easily missed. :)
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #105 by istvvan7
Hello!

Forum Kunena, of course tremendous and wonderful work! Well done!

I would like to make greater use of this wonderful component. Please tell us:

- Is it possible to connect a standard Joomla Kunena Tiny MCE editor and JCE, replace the existing one. Just like in a forum «ccboard». Or using a different editor with HTML?

- Need function "quick response" in the current message as an attachment or post a comment. Now, the function of "rapid response" creates a new message. Must be within an existing post in a forum such as the «IP.Board»

Прямые трансляции: Футбол, Хоккей, Теннис, UFC / MMA, Бокс и др. виды спорта. Смотреть спортивные и развлекательные каналы в прямом эфире:

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #106 by sozzled

istvvan7 wrote: Is it possible to connect a standard Joomla Kunena Tiny MCE editor and JCE, replace the existing one. Just like in a forum «ccboard». Or using a different editor with HTML?

No and No

istvvan7 wrote: Need function "quick response" in the current message as an attachment or post a comment. Now, the function of "rapid response" creates a new message. Must be within an existing post in a forum such as the «IP.Board»

Different subject; different topic. Use the Reply function to upload an attachment. Use the Quick Reply function to post a reply/comment.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #107 by N6REJ
ccboard had a EXTREMELY serious vulnerability and as a person who used to assist in it I can only say... DONT USED IT!!!
While I did enjoy the ability to use a standard editor, I did NOT enjoy the harassing emails/ phone calls when the NSA and FBI started calling from the bank phishing hack.

More
12 years 1 day ago - 12 years 1 day ago #108 by MarioMari
hi!
Advantage of integration with Joomla and Kunena!
Kunena allow you to use your default editor Joomla and all the button editor.

Best Regards!

Joomla 2.5.8, and 3.0 K.2.0.3, default Chrome
Last edit: 12 years 1 day ago by MarioMari.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #109 by hdwebpros
It would be real nice to insert videos, images, etc easily in the backend. Is there a way to have the board control wysiwyg, kind of like whats above what I'm typing right now? Or the ability to use something like JCE?

>> Also, kind of the same topic, how would you float a video with BBC code? [floatright] doesn't seem to work
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by hdwebpros. Reason: more info

More
11 years 11 months ago #110 by Matias
There's one way. There are many Joomla plug-ins that allow you to add tags into articles. Those plug-ins generally work also with Kunena if you enable support for content plugins in Kunena configuration.

Just remember that some of those plug-ins were never meant to be used by normal users!

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds