Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags?

More
14 years 6 months ago #31 by MarkE
Replied by MarkE on topic Editor integration
Is there any way to integrate a different editor into Kunena?
The following user(s) said Thank You: neebrad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #32 by nauman
Replied by nauman on topic Re: Editor integration
I think a Straight NO :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #33 by etusha
Replied by etusha on topic Re: Editor integration
NO

More
14 years 6 months ago #34 by lawdaddy
Hey guys,
Im new to Joomla and Kunena, but I am very eager to learn and get going on my website. Now, I have had a chance to check the forums and research other sites to see what tools I would need for Kunena. Any suggestions for a "Jommla Toolbox" i.e. WYSIYG, Code Editor, AD Organizer etc?? Also How do I get this bloody Joomla page off my home page and implement a smooth Kunena Template and Theme??
Thanks Guys

More
14 years 6 months ago #35 by xpozay
Hi, Your questions is a bit like the old saying "how long is a piece of string".

There are literally thousands of joomla extensions and templates that will help** you achieve the functionality you desire. I have a few generic suggestions:
- define what you are trying to achieve with your website - it is difficult for ppl to help suggest if they do not know the community you are trying to reach. you can define it in terms of audience and functionality you wish to provide them... stuff like that
- locate a few 'competitive' / similar websites you would like to follow ie same features to help define the categories of features
- spend some time in the JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) - say a day just reading the various extensions to learn what is possible keeping in mind what you want to achieve. eg. there are many WYSIWYG editors - at some time you will need to follow others advise or play yourself to determine what is right for you/your audience
- look at the forums of those extensions to see what problems ppl have and what they integrate with.
- be aware that for every question you get, because there are numerous extensions, you will also get a variety of opinions
- use generic forums to ask questions like the joomla.org forum
- read through some of the beginners tutorials to joomla at joomla.org
- have a local copy of joomla on your PC that you can easily backup the directories. Once you start playing with joomla you will install and un-install extensions many times, sometimes causing conflicts and you time. Have a solid backup will allow you to repeat previous work in seconds. Each time you decide on a new extension. take a new backup and use that has your baseline platform. other advantages of using a local PC version are: 1) much faster to do your playing; 2) removes security issues that you will need to manage at some time - many noobies get stuck on ACL permissions that will not exist on your local version; 3) backing up and restoring is fast an easy
- other suggestions: when reading the JED extensions, focus, at first, on the popular extensions within a particular category and read the reviews - the bad reviews, more importantly, as they will share the problems ppl experienced whereas good reviews are nice but do not set your expectations correctly; unless you are good at CSS and stuff spend the $30-50 and join a template club. Once you have a decent template; adding the modules and moving them around are pretty easy; when lurking around the forums click on ppls profiles / url links to see their personal sites. then ask some specific questions related to their sites. easier for ppl to answer specific questions and less time consuming for them.
- finally use the right forum to ask the right question. eg. i suspect you will not get much reply in this forum to your question because ppl here are very focused and dedicated on kunena as they should. similar ppl will be very focused and dedicated in the jomsocial forum and will avoid questions non jomsocial related. use the joomla.org forum for generic questions.

hope the generic responses help a little...good luck

More
14 years 6 months ago #36 by sohopros
Replied by sohopros on topic Re:Editor integration
I have the converse question - is there any way to integrate the Kunena editor into another application. We have a site www.hssegue.com that is using the Kunena forum and has another custom component for posting forms. We would like to have the same editor in both areas to simplify usability.

Any thoughts?

More
14 years 2 months ago #37 by manju_info
Hi,

Is there anyway to shift editor for kunena ? because in my website i may post data containing tables and header images,but if i copy paste its its show in all in text format,please let me know is there any option to rich text data including tables etc..

Manju

More
14 years 2 months ago #38 by adminthptngochoi
Kunena should Integrated with some editor: tinyMCE, JCE,... in article

More
14 years 2 months ago #39 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Integrated with editor
I agree with you, this would be great! However, I understand that there are no plans to do this: see No Wysiwyg Editor . Sorry :(

More
14 years 2 months ago #40 by adminthptngochoi
If No Wysiwyg Editor, also should have button "edit in html" as source code forum vbullentin, phbpp,... Edit in html better

Time to create page: 0.749 seconds