Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags?

More
14 years 2 months ago #41 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Integrated with editor
As I said before, I sympathise with you but this is not VBulletin and it's not phpBB. This is Kunena and HTML tags are not allowed. Sorry, but that's the way it is. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #42 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re:Integrated with editor
Hi,

Kunena 2.0 will allow html and bbcode. Currently Kunena 1.5.x and the upcoming Kunena 1.6 are bbcode only.

We have played with various editors and aside from minor browser incompatibilities, switching to html has certain disadvantages:

Many of our advanced bbcode functions would not work with html. html does not have a simple construct to embed videos, ebay items, maps (coming soon in bbcode). Hence any of these editors would not support such functions.

Yes you can edit text, make it bold, format it to a certain extend, but any higher level function like the ones mentioned or spoiler or hide would not be supported without some hacks.

Since these functions are important to most of our users, we have instead focused on making our bbcode editor much better (1.6 will be based 100% on mootools) and have added a live side by side preview (ajax powered). You can have the preview to the right of the text or below the text and you see the true preview the server creates for that message every 1000ms.

Long story short Kunena 1.6 will bring you a much improved bbcode editor, Kunena 2.0 will allows you to pick between bbcode (more functions) and html (less functions).

Kunena 1.6 will go into initial Alpha testing over the next couple of days - expect to see a public beta 2-4 weeks after that.

Kunena 2.0 is probably 2-4 months out. (Really hard to tell given we are all working in our spare time on this)

Hope this helps!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 2 months ago #43 by adminthptngochoi
Great! I 'll wait Kunena 2.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: neebrad

More
More
14 years 1 month ago #45 by aakg2a
Replied by aakg2a on topic i need new editor
Hello,

i need new editor for kunena ..

Please I hope find other editor Not like orginal editor in this forum ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: neebrad

More
14 years 1 month ago #46 by Ganzuelo
Replied by Ganzuelo on topic Re: i need new editor
Are you looking for a article editor or for kunena? I would suggest rokpad, you'll need to be familiar with some html coding but it gives you the most control.. or check the JED on joomla.org

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #47 by aakg2a
Replied by aakg2a on topic Re: i need new editor
thank you for your Re.

I mean kunena editor not article editor

i want change bbCode editor
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by aakg2a.

More
14 years 1 month ago #48 by Masoud
Replied by Masoud on topic Re: i need new editor
lots of kunena users like to replace the original editor with something else like JCE but, the developer team does not think so.

More
14 years 1 month ago #49 by Ganzuelo
Replied by Ganzuelo on topic Re: i need new editor
@aak I am looking for the post one of the Devs made about how the new editor is rewritten to be all mootools. The new one coming should be a better improvement then the new one..

More
14 years 1 month ago #50 by woonydanny
Replied by woonydanny on topic Re: i need new editor
Kunena 1.6 has a new bbcode editor. I think it will be alot better so i guess you will just have to be patient until that is done. :)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

Time to create page: 0.624 seconds