Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags?

More
13 years 3 months ago #71 by sozzled
Thank you for the clarification, Gert. I have merged your topic with an existing topic that discussed WYSIWYG editing and Kunena and I hope that this topic helps you understand why it is not currently possible to achieve what you have asked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #72 by Gert
Hello,

Thank you for your reply, everything is now clear for me. I understand your version
and the discus about the WYSIWYG editing, and also that it is not currently possible to achieve what I have asked.

I find that Kunena did a great job with making this forum and I'm happy about it. Specially when I saw the possibility of the preview pan below and on the right.

Until now I thought that I had a mootools problem, because I first didn't saw the bbcode icons. That is now, with the upgrade plugin of mootools and configuration of my template, solved. All is working now and in Dutch, only the roles en help I had to translate in Dutch.

Regards en thanks,
Gert
From the Netherlands

More
13 years 3 months ago #73 by N6REJ
I hope I"m not ninja'ing this thread, but I'm wondering how to use joomla plug-ings withing kunena i understand this si possible now.
Like Joom-gallery has a plugin for selecting the image you'd like to insert from images that are in your gallery. This would be very handy for my members.

More
13 years 3 months ago #74 by sozzled
Yeah, N6REJ, you are kind of hijacking this topic. ;) This discussion is about WYSIWYG message editing and the use of HTML tags in Kunena.

There was an idea to implement a BBcode tag in K 1.6 known as the "module" tag - with the format [module] - but it was shelved because out of concerns about site security. I don't know if this would have done what you were asking about.

Perhaps you should look for (or start) a separate discussion with the subject "How to use Joomla plugins with Kunena" with details of specific cases of plugins that you want to use? We have an entire category devoted to plugins. Maybe what you are looking for is contained there?

More
13 years 3 months ago #75 by N6REJ
yeah, maybe.... I'll look, I only mentioned it here as its "normal" in wysiwyg editors.

More
13 years 3 months ago #76 by thug_boy
Replied by thug_boy on topic WYSIWYG Editor ?
Hello,
I want to ask if there is anyway to change the default topics editor and making it WYSIWYG editor.
And are you planing change it in next release ?

Thank you

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #77 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: WYSIWYG Editor ?
There are intentions to undertake a major overhaul of the message editor in K 2.0 but I'm not sure that those software revisions will include fully-featured WYSIWYG editing support.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 months ago #78 by thug_boy
Replied by thug_boy on topic Re: WYSIWYG Editor ?
Well, But when K 2.0 will release?? I mean how long it will takes ?
because my users needs WYSIWYG Editor as soon as possible

More
13 years 3 months ago #79 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: WYSIWYG Editor ?

thug_boy wrote: Well, But when K 2.0 will release?? I mean how long it will takes ?
because my users needs WYSIWYG Editor as soon as possible

K 2.0 is a couple of months away. As I wrote earlier, "I'm not sure that [K 2.0] will include fully-featured WYSIWYG editing support." If you must have a WYSIWYG message editor for a web-based discussion form as soon as possible, there are alternatives instead of Kunena.

More
13 years 3 months ago #80 by thug_boy
Replied by thug_boy on topic Re: WYSIWYG Editor ?
Sorry bro I know that I'm annoying you, but really I want to know more about your editor features. I just need a simple WYSIWYG editor that includes view feature like (font family, font size, font color, insert link, insert image, text align and smilies) if those features will be included I'll be so happy. and really I loved Kunena and I don't think if there is alternatives instead of Kunena.

Thank you for your response, and excuse me please for my language but I'm arabian

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds