Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags?

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #51 by N6REJ
I've got a problem with Kunena 1.5 that I hope is easily fixable as for me and my members this is a "Show Stopper".
Currently we use ccboard with jce as our editor. This allows us COMPLETE integration of all articles,menus,content,imagery all selectable from nice menus. They can upload,resize,create thumbnails all very simply without knowing obscure bbcode. Can Kunena do this? If not will it be fixed in 1.6? This may sound trivial but its a fantastically friendly and complete integration.
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #52 by sozzled
N6REJ wrote:

I've got a problem with Kunena 1.5 that I hope is easily fixable, as for me and my members, this is a "Show Stopper".

Currently we use ccboard with jce as our editor. This allows us COMPLETE integration of all articles,menus,content,imagery all selectable from nice menus. They can upload,resize,create thumbnails all very simply without knowing obscure bbcode. Can Kunena do this?

I understand and completely sympathise with your situation. Currently (in K 1.5) what you seek is not available; this functionality will also not be available in the next main release of Kunena (K 1.6). Kunena messages (including embedded MIME objects like images) are formatted by Kunena's proprietary BBcode. It has been suggested that full WYSIWYG editing may be incorporated into a future version of Kunena (e.g. K 2.0).
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #53 by N6REJ
*sigh* ok, well tyvm for being completely honest. I can respect that. As you know I've asked a LOT of questions b4 going live with this, and have done some minor testing. I liked what I saw BUT.... this unfortunately will prevent me from converting over. I guess I'll have to check out agora or stay with ccb. tyvm.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #54 by z0z0
Replied by z0z0 on topic WYSIWYG Editor - is there one?
My WYSIWYG editor is not working.

I highlight text and then click on the formatting I want but the codes do not get inserted.

On my installation of Kunena for bold it tells me to insert <strong>text</strong>
while here the code is different.

In Joomla I have selected "Default WYSIWYG Editor = TinyMCE 2.0"

I am using Kunena 1.5.9 with Joomla 1.5.15

Thanks

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #55 by z0z0

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #56 by z0z0
Is there any plugin for a better editor for Kunena?

I would like to keep Kunena but am wondering if it might be better to go with vBulletin

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #57 by sozzled
There is no WYSIWYG editor/plugin for Kunena. There was no such feature in the predecessors of Kunena, there was no feature in K 1.0, in K 1.5 and there will not be a feature in K 1.6.

The developers are considering the possibility of implementing some WYSIWYG editor support in K 2.0 but that is a way off.

More
13 years 11 months ago #58 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic About Editor
Hi to all,
I see some feature of this forum software for JOOMLA and I'd like to know if there is the possibility to insert a WYSIWYG Editor to write message and if there is some MOD to make choosable for some users the name of author of the post for eachone of it (but signed from which user is that author)

I need this 2 feature for a RPG based website.

Thank you for help

More
13 years 11 months ago #59 by Moonstone
Althalas wrote:

How do I enable HTML tags for my users? I am specificly trying to get this enabled: WOWhead link script

this requires the users to use an HTML tag to add the items. This is a big feature for our forums that I want to re-establish on the new site I am making.

thanks in advance.

There is a simple way to get this to work in Kunena!

See here:

www.kunena.com/forum/144-hacks-tricks-an...it=10&start=10#48093

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #60 by raciloni
To embed videos you can use this php class ,it's very powerfull and easy to work with, to embed maps you can use short codes, like wordpress . The AEF forum have a wysiyg BBCODE editor, so kunena can have one I suppose,

(sorry for my english)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by raciloni.

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds