Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags?

More
13 years 3 months ago #81 by sozzled
I am just a user here, like you, thug boy, and if I knew what features you are looking for (and whether K 2.0 was going to give them to you) I would have answered you with specifics.

You asked, will there be a WYSIWYG editor for Kunena? Possibly. Probably. Sometime in the future, maybe. I don't have anything specific for you and I can't give you any guarantees.

There are alternatives - there are always alternatives - but it's not my role to do your research for you. I like Kunena the way it is at the moment (even though it's not perfect) and not having a WYSIWYG editor is not the most important thing to me, right now, today (or any time in the future, to be completely honest with you). If a WYSIWYG editor is the most important thing to you then you need to look at other alternatives.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #82 by darksoul
The Wysiwyg editor into the forum can add vulnerability to the site? for exampe adding scripts into pages?

• simy202
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #83 by simy202
Replied by simy202 on topic CKEditor integrated?
CKEditor integrated? What kind of (x)HTML tags does ckeditor allow? And which tags don't they allow to be used?

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #84 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: CKEditor integrated?
G'day, simy202, and welcome to Kunena.

No, CKEditor is not used with Kunena and, no, HTML tags are unused with Kunena, too.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago #85 by LeroanZ
hi friends, i wanna put embed video on kunena but editor can't give permission because there is not any button in editor, how can i add embed vide codes ?

More
13 years 2 months ago #86 by xillibit
Hello,

Look this topic, it should help you : www.kunena.org/forum/159-k-16-common-que...-conflict-discussion

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 2 months ago #87 by LeroanZ
you didn't understand me, i wanna use html codes. not only youtube or others... embed, html,iframe codes... like onlinefilmwatch

More
13 years 2 months ago #88 by xillibit
This is not possible with Kunena actually

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #89 by tbird412
Title pretty much says it all. I know it's a topic that's been beat to death. I've seen you say it's "in your 2.0 trunk" but that was almost a year ago. Any news on this? I'd be willing to pay for one.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #90 by sozzled
G'day, tbird42. I've merged this topic with a general topic that has been running for a fair while - so that we can collect the issues together in the one place. As far as K 2.0 is concerned, yes, the design has been under consideration for over 12 months and a lot of work has already progressed to realise those design objectives. K 1.6 was, in fact, a transitional step along the way.

There is, however, a big difference between an improved BBcode editor and an all-singing, all-dancing HTML-based WYSIWYG editor. I don't want to dampen people's hopes but I would like to say that K 2.0 is expected to greatly improve the way that message editing is implemented, not just in Kunena but in other Joomla extensions, too. The general plan is outlined in docs.kunena.org/index.php/Kunena:About#K_2.0

As far as your other off-topic question is concerned, I have moved it to where it rightly belongs. See If you are having problems with K 1.6, please read this first

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds