Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags?

More
14 years 8 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #21 by kirblam
My users are used to the wysiwyg display of vbulletin replies. I've heard a little bit about a 'BBCode revamp' by looking at uservoice and some threads on the forums here. Is there a plan to have a wysiwyg display for the replies? What is included in the BBCode Revamp?

This is different than asking about having TinyMCE or html postings within Kunena - I'm assuming you can have a wysiwyg editor that posts BBCode when the submit is executed.

Thanks,
K
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Merged from several discussion; changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #22 by johnnydement
Replied by johnnydement on topic Re: BBCode Revamp
It is not, we don't support any html editor, we strongly believe in bbcode ;)

BBcode is in the goes, but mostly is already done in editor, the rest is customization of bbcode, and so...

But the current editor is pretty powerful already for bbcode...

More
14 years 8 months ago #23 by franch
Replied by franch on topic Re: BBCode Revamp
Good news, i'm not fan of html editor ... ;-)

More
14 years 8 months ago #24 by kirblam
Replied by kirblam on topic Re: BBCode Revamp
ok, I might not have been clear - I'm not looking for an HTML editor. It's possible to have a wysiwyg editor that doesn't post html. From the response though, it sounds like you're not planning a wysiwyg bbcode editor. I just implemented a wysiwyg bbcode on a wysiwyg bbcode on my dev site. When it becomes live (about a month...), I'll post something about it.

The vbulletin editor is bbcode but it's a wysiwyg bbcode editor. From what I've seen there aren't that many out there but there are a few.

Thanks,
K

More
14 years 7 months ago #25 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: BBCode Revamp
We are currently looking for good bbcode editors and even TinyMCE seems to have bbcode mode. We have already replaced our bbcode engine in Kunena 1.6, which makes it a lot easier to create new bbcode and change to a better editor.

I'm not sure if anything of this will get into K1.6 as our current goal is to have MVC model up and running without making too many unnecessary changes (to be able to release ASAP).

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #26 by nauman
Hello All

Any plan for a more advanced editor in future?

Is it possible to off bbcode and allow html editing,while posting in kunena? while playing with configuration i didnt find option to off bbcode

Any advice in right direction
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by nauman.

More
14 years 7 months ago #27 by nauman
I was Searching forum, and i got reply to my Q here

www.kunena.com/forum/77-general-talk-abo.../26901-bbcode-revamp

Sorr for posting a new topic

B)

More
14 years 7 months ago #28 by JanTenner
Is it right that there will be NO wysiwyg-Editor in the near future in Kunena?
Might it be possible to use a plug in for that?
What would be the second-best-forum-solution WITH an wysiwyg-Editor?

... and when will the JomSocial-Integration be running?

More
14 years 7 months ago #29 by nauman
I think this is a much asked Question.
I am also concerned with this issue,

Not definitly a html editor, might b a bbcode editor, applying atleast font size, colour,bold changes automatically, or some thing like so

hope some better improvement in K1.6.

And Regarding Jomsocial Integration, I think this will b in K1.6, and when K 1.6 is coming, NO idea atleast in my mind :(

More
14 years 7 months ago #30 by scarvajal
Replied by scarvajal on topic Re: BBCode Revamp
Glad to hear that!! :)

Kunema looks really nice in the current version, a friendly editor for people not used to programming is a great addition to Kunema.

Keeps the good work!!

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds