Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [Merged topic] KunenaDiscuss plugin for K 1.5.x

More
14 years 6 months ago #201 by spcover
I am getting the same errors as X-tase and klausre. The errors display in JomSocial on profile pages under My Blog and My Activities.

The discussbot really shouldn't be attempting to load on JomSocial profile pages at all, just on article or blog pages, or in the sections/categories the Admin defines.

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #202 by mumins

spcover wrote:
The discussbot really shouldn't be attempting to load on JomSocial profile pages at all, just on article or blog pages, or in the sections/categories the Admin defines.

Do you try with JS 1.5.243 too?

MBR
m.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by mumins.

More
14 years 6 months ago #203 by klausre
mumins wrote:

spcover wrote:

Do you try with JS 1.5.243 too?

MBR
m.

Yes, the same

More
14 years 6 months ago #204 by spcover
I was at JomSocial v1.5.237, but I upgraded to v1.5.243 this morning just to make sure that was not an issue. However, the problem still exists.

It only displays on your JS Profile in sections where there is activity from blogs and such where the discussbot may be activated.

Attached is a PDF containing a printscreen of the errors showing up under the MyBlog section of my test JomSocial profile. The blog only has on entry, a one-line sentence. The discussbot errors display about the blog entry.

Perhaps seeing the entry will help debug it.

I have the same discussbot errors higher up on my JS profile under another section, not displayed here.

Sean

More
14 years 6 months ago #205 by spcover
OK, let's try that upload in a different format. Seems PDF files are not allowed.

Here is the same printscreen in a JPG format.

Sean

More
14 years 6 months ago #206 by spcover
OK, let's try a Word document.

More
14 years 6 months ago #207 by spcover
My, this has been a trial. The Word doc was over 120K and not allowed.

OK - attached is a Zip file of the JPG file of the printscreen of the error from the discussbot in the MyBlog section of my Profile in JomSocial w.1.5.243

Thanks.

File Attachment:

File Name: discussbot.zip
File Size:61 KB
Attachments:

More
14 years 6 months ago #208 by k9disc
Link from Kunena to com_content instead of com_Myblog.

The link looks like: k9athlete.com/component/content/article/36/224

Instead of - k9athlete.com/community/dog-sport-blog/testing-123.html

k9athlete.com/component/content/article/36/224 is a bad link for me with Joomla Core SEF enabled.

Any ideas?
Peace,
Ron

More
14 years 6 months ago #209 by kmilos
Replied by kmilos on topic Access control option?
Hi Jerry, would it be possible to implement the following access control option in order to prevent unnecessary or malicious forum thread creation?

I would like the public users not to have permission to create a new discussion thread by clicking a link below an article, but still be able to click on the link if the discussion thread already exists. Registered users can start the discussions of course. Something like this in pseudocode:
Code:
if !exist_thread(itemid) if public_user access_denied; // message or silent, or maybe link not active or not shown else create_thread(itemid);

More
14 years 6 months ago #210 by alphatester
Hi Jerry,

Have tried the latest version (1.7) and the bot doesn't appear to be working.

When it creates links to articles it's creating a link like:
http://xxxx/forum/id-535.html

Whereas it should look like:
http://xxxx/forum/2-general-discussion/535-review-of-test.html

Am using SEF, however note you thought you got this working, so assume this is a bug? (have double-double checked the kunena category id that it's using to create the forum posts!)

Any help/advice woul dbe most appreciated! :blush:

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds