Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [Merged topic] KunenaDiscuss plugin for K 1.5.x

More
14 years 7 months ago #181 by jerry
jciconsult wrote:

I am having problems with the j-pairs option. It does not seem to work. The link to the forum always goes to the default forum. Also if I put categories in the auto-content section ids box, the discussbot disappears. I have included a PDF with my setup. The joomla categories are 47 and 48 that I want to match to forums 11,12 but the link below quickpost always goes to 13.

File Attachment:

File Name: met_plugin_setup.zip
File Size:50 KB

The FB tables ended up corrupted. It was not possible to view the post through the normal mechanisms. Some of the information was recorded as if for forum 13, some for forum 11 in the nest that I made of commenting on a article in joomla category 47. I am uploading an excel file which is a dump of all the tables after the problem.

File Attachment:

File Name: Kunena_Issue.zip
File Size:15 KB

After quite a long trying to find what's issue, I am thinking, that you firstly set section id's in pair, tried in frontend and then set category id's. You should fix it in fb_discussbot table. Then it should work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #182 by jerry
john holderness wrote:

jerry wrote:

john holderness wrote:

I'm having an issue with the discuss bot and Josocial. I get the following error when trying to visit my profile.

Fatal error: Class 'ContentHelperRoute' not found in /home/********/********/******/plugins/content/kunenadiscuss.php on line 418

Discuss Bot 1.4 beta

it's fixed in version 1.5. you should upgrade (current version 1.6)

Installed 1.6 and now get this message.

Fatal error: Class 'ContentHelperRoute' not found in /home/**********/**********/plugins/content/kunenadiscuss.php on line 424

Fixed in version 1.7.

More
14 years 7 months ago #183 by jerry
TopCop wrote:

Since upgrading to 1.6 I have the following problem:

I configured the plugin to "Show on Blog Pages" = Link
But every time I start a discussion there is not only the link showing up under the article, but there is the full view of the forum discussion.

Any idea what I can do about this as I really only want to have the link with the number of posts in the forum showing up.

By the way, all the discussions that were started with the former version are correct, that means there is only the link shown.

Thanks,
TopCop

MyBlog issue fixed in version 1.7.

More
14 years 7 months ago #184 by jerry
xpozay wrote:

Feature request:
- First Post Owner pairing to the article section/category (or forum category)

Currently, we can specify only one First Post Owner. It would be useful to allow different First Post Owners based on the content as many forum categories would have different content experts or moderators.

When you not specify first post owner, owner of article is used as first post, which should be what you are expecting. Am I right?

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #185 by TopCop
jerry wrote:

TopCop wrote:

Since upgrading to 1.6 I have the following problem:

I configured the plugin to "Show on Blog Pages" = Link
But every time I start a discussion there is not only the link showing up under the article, but there is the full view of the forum discussion.

Any idea what I can do about this as I really only want to have the link with the number of posts in the forum showing up.

By the way, all the discussions that were started with the former version are correct, that means there is only the link shown.

Thanks,
TopCop

MyBlog issue fixed in version 1.7.

Jerry,
I do not use MyBlog.
What I'm talking about is that I get the full discussion on pages where I show the full section/category blog pages. In the config I set it to "show only the link" but I get the full discussion showing up, not only the link with the number of posts!

Same when I have a article on the front page and there is a discussion, the full discussion is showing up, but I only want to have the link to the discussion.
I'm talking about normal published articles.

Everything worked ok until I started to use Ver 1.6

Discussions started with older versions of your plugin still have only the link showing up. Every discussion started since Ver 1.6 shows the full discussion.

I hope you understand what I'm talking about?

Ver. 1.7 doesn't fix this problem.

Sorry for my English.

TopCop
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by TopCop.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #186 by Konstantin
Jerry, thanks for plugin.

Use him from the very beginning and all time overlook to offer Russian translation of a language file. Offer to replace by him existing.

Sorry for my English.

File Attachment:

File Name: ru_RU-20090922-2.zip
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Konstantin.

More
14 years 7 months ago #187 by jerry
TopCop wrote:

What I'm talking about is that I get the full discussion on pages where I show the full section/category blog pages. In the config I set it to "show only the link" but I get the full discussion showing up, not only the link with the number of posts!

Same when I have a article on the front page and there is a discussion, the full discussion is showing up, but I only want to have the link to the discussion.

Discussions started with older versions of your plugin still have only the link showing up. Every discussion started since Ver 1.6 shows the full discussion.

Well, I understand, but it works in my environment. Can you give me access to your testing site? Can you give me debug of one blog page? Is your caching turned off? These kind of plugins doesn't work with caching enabled on joomla side.

More
14 years 7 months ago #188 by savvasha
Hello there!
I am using Joomla 1.5.14, Kunena 1.5.5 and discussbot 1.7beta.
My problem is that when a user press for the first time the link under the topic "Discuss it on the forums etc.." gives him an 406 error page!
Code:
Not Acceptable An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I you go back and try to click the same link again, then it... works!! :P

Why that happening? :(

Thanks in advance!

More
14 years 7 months ago #189 by attall4real
Hi guys,

Please i need your help in making kunena to work with my Joomla site.Below is the status of my site

1.I have created the website, installed community builder and Kunena successfully
2.I have 3 active users in cb user user manager and Joomla user manager but only two is appearing on Kunena user administration, thus the third user that did not apear cannot have access to the forum.What could be the cause of this?

3.I want a link to the forum to be created on my Horizontal Menu links just like what we have on this site,it will only appear when users have logged in.

Hope you can help.

More
14 years 7 months ago #190 by TopCop
jerry wrote:

TopCop wrote:

Well, I understand, but it works in my environment. Can you give me access to your testing site? Can you give me debug of one blog page? Is your caching turned off? These kind of plugins doesn't work with caching enabled on joomla side.

Jerry,

cache is not activated on my page.
By the way with Ver. 1.7 it works on the start page as it should. But any other page showing articles is acting like I said.
Here is the debug info from one of the article pages where instead ot the link the full post is been shown under the article:

[KDiscuss debug: manualoverride disabled - removing tags. ]
[KDiscuss debug: Searching for {mos_fb_discuss:#} tag in article text... None found. ]
[KDiscuss debug: Using Auto-Mode to discuss article in FB CategoryId:22 ]
[KDiscuss debug: Rendering START ]
[KDiscuss debug: Found the FB threadId in the cross reference table(#__fb_discussbot). ]
[KDiscuss debug: User is logged in. ]
[KDiscuss debug: Article Id is 58 ]
[KDiscuss debug: Counted 2 actual post(s) in this thread #193. ]
[KDiscuss debug: Rendering Comments with 2 actual posts. ]
[KDiscuss debug: Limiting rendered comments to 25 posts. ]
[KDiscuss debug: Showing Last posts in the thread in Ascending order. ]
[KDiscuss debug: Rendering post #194. ]
[KDiscuss debug: Hiding first post with method #3 of first-thread-handling. ]
[KDiscuss debug: Building a simple link to create new posts. ]
[KDiscuss debug: Showing QuickPost below the article comments. ]
[KDiscuss debug: Rendering END ]
[KDiscuss debug: Tag removed ]
[KDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent called with article.id=58. ]

Any idea?

TopCop

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds