Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [Merged topic] KunenaDiscuss plugin for K 1.5.x

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #1 by mumins
I have following problem:
if article was comented in forum via discussbot, by default this post(s) shows in all views, like frontpage, category view etc.
Is there any workaround don't show posts if article have -=readmore=- (whats typical for frontpage or blog layout), but show only post count.
Posts show only if full article viewed, like a standart commentary system.
Now i just comment out lines from ~1020 to ~1100 started with $id = $post->id; but this way it dont show posts at all.

Any help?

MBR
m.

P.S.
with -=posts=- i mean QuickPost of course
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by mumins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #2 by jerry
I am publishing new kunena discuss plugin. Try it and send me any comments. I am open to any suggestions, do not hesitate to ask. Thanks, Jerry

Kunena discuss plugin (Joomla 1.5 NATIVE)

Highly inspired/based on Kunena Discussbot (C) 2000-2006 Two Shoes M-Factory, (C) 2007-2008 ObjectClarity.com!
Supports nearly all functionality.

Rewritten nearly at all places; to support more features in new Joomla 1.5 and Kunena 1.5.4.

Requirements: Joomla 1.5, Kunena 1.5.4+

Highlights:

* captcha
* MyBlog integration
* Joomla 1.5 design, language files
* Links to profiles (Kunena, JomSocial, Community Builder, Clexus PM)
* Links to avatars (Kunena, JomSocial, Community Builder, Clexus PM)
* SEF urls
* Languages: en, cs, de, gr, gb, es, fi, fr, it, lv (by murmins), nl, ru, sk (by me), sr (by kmilos), sv
* Simple upgrade, just install over, it just works

Link to Kunena latest module on extensions.joomla.org
If you like this module, rate it & write review on extension.joomla.org.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by jerry.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by jerry
Replied by jerry on topic Re:Kunena discuss plugin
It's really early stage. I am releasing it in version 0.2 alpha to be clear.
This work starts this weekend, when I can't climb, because some business critical problem occurs.
This plugin still needs much work. Therefore any testers will helps a lot.
I am still rewriting old code, so there isn't time to test that much. If you find anything strange, be sure to report it. Hopefully it go through alpha in 1-2 weeks. In this stage, I am eliminating all code, which is not needed in J1.5 native plugins. Beta stage needs your help - testing it in different environments. If this stage won't resolve all issues, there will be rc stage. If not, stable release will follow. Then I can add new features to it.

So this is the plan. Here's 0.2 alpha:

Attachment plg_kunenadiscuss.zip not found

Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
This seems to be just what the doctor order. Thanks for your contribution, Jerry. :) I'll certainly give your test version(s) a try on one of my test sites within the next few days.

When I discovered that the ObjectClarity Discussbot was not J! 1.5 native I gave it away completely - I uninstalled the plugin and I disabled the integration setting in the Kunena control panel. I opted, instead, for !JoomlaComment - although released as a "beta", it's very well constructed - from compojoom.com . Although !JoomlaComment lacks integrability with Kunena it does have message threading (in the commonly understood sense of that term). A discussbot, integrated with Kunena, may not suit every website - I'm not even sure I'll go back to using one - but it's good to hear that someone's rejuvenating this old favourite for the J! 1.5 / 1.6 world.

More
14 years 8 months ago #5 by kmilos
Replied by kmilos on topic Re:Kunena discuss plugin
Thanks Jerry, will try it when I get a chance.

In the meantime, could you please add the attached Serbian translations as well?

Also, have you had a chance to look at the small fixes I suggested for OC's discussbot:

www.kunena.com/forum/9-extensions-module...it=10&start=60#23019

Attachment sr_RSYU.zip not found

Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago #6 by woonydanny
Replied by woonydanny on topic Re:Kunena discuss plugin
Good work jerry!!!

Will it be compatible with the old tags in articles already for the object clarity discuss bot?

If not prob not too hard to do a search and replace in the database for the new tag that has to be put in the articles.

Thanks again and look forward to it.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
14 years 8 months ago #7 by jerry
Replied by jerry on topic Re:Kunena discuss plugin
peetree21 wrote:

Good work jerry!!!

Will it be compatible with the old tags in articles already for the object clarity discuss bot?

If not prob not too hard to do a search and replace in the database for the new tag that has to be put in the articles.

Thanks again and look forward to it.

Yes, it is fully compatible with the old tags. Only first installation needs your backend settings from ObjectClarity bot. It should work also in parallel with ObjectClarity, but ONLY ONE can be enabled at a time.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #8 by jerry
version 0.3
- fixed all bugs reported by kmilos, thanx
- fixed some other bugs
- now uses relative urls
- added language serbian, thanx kmilos

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_kunena...15-2.zip
File Size:42 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by jerry.

More
14 years 8 months ago #9 by John
Anyone with a working preview of this component?

More
14 years 8 months ago #10 by jerry
John wrote:

Anyone with a working preview of this component?

Actually I don't have resources for public preview. Maybe somebody can help? Hopefully once there will be site with 3rd party components/modules/plugins...

Soon there will be new version of Kunena Discuss 0.4 alpha with SEF urls.

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds