Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [Merged topic] KunenaDiscuss plugin for K 1.5.x

More
13 years 5 months ago #411 by griz
This thread's a bit old, but I'm hoping I might still be able to get a little help...

I have a very basic lack of understanding about Kunena Discussion. I've installed it and got no errors, but no posts (even new ones) are displayed. I did map a category and got something to diplay on the appropriate page, but it was an error message:

-post-: This category does not allow you to write anonymous posts. To keep your privacy, the message was not sent.

How is it supposed to work? Is there a link to click to make a comment or something like that? And then a forum topic is created? Or am I way off base? Is it related to the DiscussBot? Or are they two totally separate things?

I THINK this plugin may be just what I'm looking for...if I just get it to work!! :laugh:

Any help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #412 by sozzled
This topic exists for users to help other users. As you see from the category description (at the top of this page)

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

The topic is, as you say, a very old one. As you know, this product (such as it was), developed for K 1.5, is no longer available for download. The product's listing has been removed from the JED. What more can I tell you that you don't already know?

More
13 years 5 months ago #413 by griz
I should have mentioned...my request for help is for Discussion 1.6. Sorry 'bout that. I did see the topic title, but I also saw some discussion of 1.6 earlier in the thread. Plus I was refer in another forum to this post for some information regarding 1.6. So I thought it would be okay to ask. :unsure:

Anyway, I'm a newb to K-Discussion and I'm kinda lost. Just looking for basics as far as how it works. If that help is not available here, can you direct anywhere that it might be? :)

Thanks.

More
13 years 5 months ago #414 by sozzled
In the absence of any other information that would help, the latest information you've just posted explains why you have not received a reply to your questions until now.

There is a separate category that is devoted to the plugin developed by the Kunena project team. Please look at the topics created in Kunena Discuss (P) for information that will assist you.

More
13 years 5 months ago #415 by griz
I really do appreciate your timely replies, but unfortunately I've not really seen the answers to my questions yet. I looked through the forum you referred me to and got bits and pieces, but nothing that really helped me through the newbie phase. If anything, some of the talk of K-Discussion and the K-Discussbot kind of confused me further. Before I posted in this thread, I had already posted in the forum you referred me to. Here is the thread...

www.kunena.com/forum/178-kunena-discuss-p/66980-newb-questions

If you could read that post and see if you have information to post that might clarify things for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

More
13 years 5 months ago #416 by sozzled
griz: Please do not continue to use this topic which has nothing to do with your question. Someone will examine the questions you have asked in due course. Thank you for your patience.

More
13 years 5 months ago #417 by TheShark69

blazedforever wrote: I have been trying to get the discuss plugin to work with k2, and have finally got it mostly working , thanks to mummins' attachment a few pages back (also attached here). Now im just trying to work out the bugs. For some reason The text in my k2 items become bold and take on k2's "div.itemIntroText" css style after I add the bot line and hit save. I can't figure out why this happens, maybe one of you fellers can solve the problem. Im using Joomla 1.5.17 Kunena 1.5.9 and K2 2.2 and I am using the version of the plugin attached. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

File Attachment:

File Name: kunenadisc...0616.zip
File Size:23 KB

Is possible adapt this mod to k2 2.4 and kunena 1.6?
Normal discussbot for 1.6 rc2 don't work for me in k2

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #418 by griz
I suppose I'm burning bridges, but considering the amount of information I've received from you, I figure I have nothing to lose...

My questions were simple and legitimate. And there certainly are references to other issues in this thread not strictly adhering to the title. Your replies have been some of the most uninformative, condescending, and insulting I've ever received in any forum. And much of what you wrote, I don't even know what you were trying to say. But what I could figure out was useless.

Oh wait...I guess I could go to the thread I linked for you where I ask my specific question and check your reply for needed information, but...what a shock...there is no reply to THAT thread.

Now quick...use those moderation powers that put you on your high horse so nobody else gets a chance to see this.

sozzled wrote: griz: Please do not continue to use this topic which has nothing to do with your question. Someone will examine the questions you have asked in due course. Thank you for your patience.

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by griz.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #419 by sbattitene
In ENGLISH:
Hello.
I use the Plugin "Content - Kunena Discuss" - as you can see on any article We-News PAID-TO-WRITE - but I would like to move the location of the button (image of the "Discuss") to another location to 'internal part, because it appears too low.
I wish you could cast as a classic form Joomla so that it can be immediately below the text of the articles or perhaps under the title of each article.

IN ITALIANO:
Salve.
Io uso il Plugin "Content - Kunena Discuss" - come potete vedere su qualunque articolo di We-News PAID-TO-WRITE - ma gradirei spostare la posizione del bottone (della immagine "Discuss") in un'altra posizione all'interno dell'articolo, in quanto appare troppo in basso.
Vorrei si potesse mettere come un classico modulo Joomla in modo che possa stare immediatamente sotto il testo degli articoli o magari sotto il titolo di ogni articolo.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sbattitene.

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds