Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
13 years 5 months ago #41 by sozzled
Your website is unconventional. There looks as if there's some kind of HTML "optimiser" product at work on your site (could possible be something installed with YOOTheme template, I don't know).

Here is a summary of the known causes of the redirect loop issue (in descending order of likelihood) the most likely cause is at the top:

(1) customised .htaccess
(2) issues involving third-party SEF software
(3) menu item with no itemid
(4) the wrong itemid (this would not be generated by the Kunena component)
(5) legacy menu items from K 1.5
(6) the webhosting platform that you are using

Are any of these conditions related to your case?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #42 by tracysanz
there is no third party sef software or legacy menu items from k 1.5. there is no menu item without an id. jch optimizer plugin is installed, but disabling it did not help.
the site is on bluehost. everything was working with 1.6 beta - what changes were made in the upgrade to stable 1.6.1 that would cause this problem?

i found the menu that kunena created on its own and copied the entry page menu item to the main menu. Now i can get to the forum, but when i click on any of the postings, I get the same type of error message:
The webpage at www.bilingualrussian.com/ru/forum/%D0%A3...82%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%8C has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

with utf-8 support turned off, i get The webpage at www.bilingualrussian.com/us/forum/
has resulted in too many redirects. etc. etc.

The posts are in Russian.

More
13 years 5 months ago #43 by sozzled
The administrators of this website (and other members of the project team) tried to use JCH Optimizer. It didn't work. The general consensus was, in fact, that this Joomla extension doesn't deliver the performance gains or the functionality that it promises.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #44 by Dr. Pariolo
Host fixed issue.

But i want to get back on the menu highlighting thingy.

The menu is supposed to support Mootools, and i have enabled it. But its still not working. Could you recommend me a plugin to check moo tools config so i can have a closer look? Im completely new to this, i dont even know what moo tools is supposed to do besides sounding like a cow.

Edit:
if it helps; i did this just for tying: i set up the link in the menu as a wrapper and then linked to the forum. The link gets highlighted when so!
www.phantasystarhispano.com/terah/foro
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Dr. Pariolo.

More
13 years 5 months ago #45 by tracysanz
it isn't enabled at the moment, anyway, so isn't causing the loop issue.

More
13 years 5 months ago #46 by sozzled

tracysanz wrote: it isn't enabled at the moment, anyway, so isn't causing the loop issue.

It? What is "it" that isn't enabled at the moment that has [somehow] fixed the [redirect] loop issues?

More
13 years 5 months ago #47 by sozzled
The Kunena menu is not affected by Mootools. You don't need Mootools for the Kunena menu. You need Mootools for other things in Kunena but not the menu. So let's get that out of the way from the outset.

The menu highlighting feature is a ongoing source of questions. To fix it, you need to create an "entrypage" menu item. Normally these things are easily solved if you just delete your old Kunena menu items and use the Kunena Create Menu function on your Kunena Control Panel in the backend. That doesn't always work but it might do the trick in your case.

For users who have unconventional websites or that need to customise Kunena to suit their sites, there is a lot of information given in the article Customised Menus . <==== Please look at this article.

You don't use wrappers. You don't need to use wrappers.

More
13 years 5 months ago #48 by tracysanz
sorry - i was replying to the comment about jch optimize. we know it isn't causing the redirect problem (which is still happening), because it isn't enabled.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #49 by Dr. Pariolo
I clicked on create menu, and made sure that the alias matches in both joomla main menu and kunena menu and still no go.. Any other ideas?

Does the name kunena tabs themselves matter? Because i customized those.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Dr. Pariolo.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #50 by sozzled
I accept that JCH Optimize isn't responsible for the redirect loop in your case.

What about the .htaccess file? Are you using a third-party SEO product? Is you Kunena menu enabled? How about the other things I mentioned in my first response to your question?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.653 seconds