Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
13 years 5 months ago #21 by sozzled
Thank you for your question and I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems. The JA_Sanidine menu problem is almost certainly a Javascript one. Let me try to explain why.

According to your configuration report, you have not enabled the System - Mootools Upgrade plugin. No real problem there. I would imagine that if you did enable the plugin then none of your JA_Sanidine menu items would highlight. Why? Because I suspect that JA_Sanidine menu was not designed to work with Mootools 1.2.4.

So why isn't the JA_Sanidine menu item not highlighted when you view your Kunena forum, if you've already disabled the System - Mootools Upgrade plugin? Well, when you load Kunena, Kunena actually loads the System - Mootools Upgrade plugin (or it tries to, anyway). So this might be why your having problems with the JA_Sanidine menu. If you ask the question of Joomlart that's probably what they will tell you.

Dr. Pariolo wrote:

The problem is have is that ALL links on the forums gives the following error:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

There are a couple of possible causes but, again, your configuration report provides a clue. You have a .htaccess file but is it the Joomla one or is it your own one?

When I looked at your website I did not get any of those redirection errors. So I'm wondering if you have changed something?

What kind of Search Engine Optimization are you using and have your read about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in the Wiki?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #22 by Dr. Pariolo
Humm ill look in what you told me about the moo tools thingy.

but, back on topic: are you SURE the forums are working for you? Wouldnt you happen to try the link in the joomla.com support forum? Because this one works. Its my fault, i didnt mention it.

www.terahispano.com is completely operational.

whats wrong is my backup/test mirror, which is:
www.phantasystarhispano.com/terah/foro

could you confirm me that this last one doesnt work? Frontpage works, but click on ANY link on it, and you should have the error i mentioned.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #23 by sozzled
Thank you for correcting my misunderstanding. Yes, I agree, you are having redirection problems.

I would like to point you to a successful case-study that we've just concluded only a few moments ago: See Suddenly problems... (msg #10 and following). That case was similar to yours - the redirection problem. Is the solution in that case an option for you?

As I mentioned in my earlier message to you, is the .htaccess file the one supplied with Joomla or something else? Are you running a third-party SEO product? Have you looked into running Joomla Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for your website?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lili

More
13 years 5 months ago #24 by Dr. Pariolo
Sorry i forgot to reply you about the SEO settings, here they are:

friendly urls: yes
dont use IDs: no
UTF 8: no

and about htaccess, theres two of them
my joomla is installed in:

/public_html/terah

and i have the following htaccess files:

one at public_html, which is empty.

And one at the terah folder, and content is:

##
# @version $Id: htaccess.txt 13415 2009-11-03 15:53:25Z ian $
# @package Joomla
# @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2008 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
# @license www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
# Joomla! is Free Software
##

#####################################################
# READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE
#
# The line just below this section: 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems
# with some server configurations. It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already
# be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in
# your .htaccess file. If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to
# beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's. If they work,
# it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here.
#
#####################################################

## Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above.
Options +FollowSymLinks
Redirect /joomla/foro/48-terahispano-noticias-de-la-comunidad/6594-tera-hispano--gamescom-tera-europe-presentation www.terahispano.com/foro/48-terahispano-...-europe-presentation
Redirect /testredireccion google.com
Redirect /joomla/foro/48-terahispano-noticias-de-la-comunidad/6539-i90-fotos-de-la-gamescom-2010-en-alta-definicion%20Fotos www.terahispano.com/foro/48-terahispano-...a-definicion%20Fotos
Redirect /joomla/foro www.terahispano.com/foro
Redirect /joomla/forum-kunena www.terahispano.com/foro
Redirect /joomla/component www.terahispano.com/component
#
# mod_rewrite in use

RewriteEngine On

########## Begin - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits
## If you experience problems on your site block out the operations listed below
## This attempts to block the most common type of exploit `attempts` to Joomla!
#
## Deny access to extension xml files (uncomment out to activate)
#<Files ~ "\.xml$">
#Order allow,deny
#Deny from all
#Satisfy all
#</Files>
## End of deny access to extension xml files
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} mosConfig_[a-zA-Z_]{1,21}(=|\%3D) [OR]
# Block out any script trying to base64_encode crap to send via URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode.*\(.*\) [OR]
# Block out any script that includes a <script> tag in URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (\<|%3C).*script.*(\>|%3E) [NC,OR]
# Block out any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR]
# Block out any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2})
# Send all blocked request to homepage with 403 Forbidden error!
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [F,L]
#
########## End - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits

# Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
# is not directly related to physical file paths.
# Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root)

RewriteBase /terah/

########## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section
#
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) index.php
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
#
########## End - Joomla! core SEF Section

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^terahispano.com$ [OR]
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.terahispano.com$
#RewriteRule ^joomla\/foro\/48\-terahispano\-noticias\-de\-la\-comunidad\/6594\-tera\-hispano\-\-gamescom\-tera\-europe\-presentation\#6594$ "http\:\/\/www\.terahispano\.com\/foro\/48\-terahispano\-noticias\-de\-la\-comunidad\/6594\-tera\-hispano\-\-gamescom\-tera\-europe\-presentation\#6594" [R=301,L]

AddHandler cgi-script #6594

the part where it says:

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^terahispano.com$ [OR]
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.terahispano.com$
#RewriteRule ^joomla\/foro\/48\-terahispano\-noticias\-de\-la\-comunidad\/6594\-tera\-hispano\-\-gamescom\-tera\-europe\-presentation\#6594$ "http\:\/\/www\.terahispano\.com\/foro\/48\-terahispano\-noticias\-de\-la\-comunidad\/6594\-tera\-hispano\-\-gamescom\-tera\-europe\-presentation\#6594"

I actually commented that (added # at the beginning of each line). Theres no change :unsure: , still have the redirection issue. Still trying to get help from my provider but apparently the guy doing this sift does not deserve the job because he just replied me:

Hello,

We have resolved the free disk space issue at this time. If disk space becomes an issue again we might contact you and ask if we can move your account to a new server. At this time you can consider this matter closed.

Thank you for your time and understanding.
Thanks,

Fred Newtz
Linux Security Team
HostGator.com LLC
support.hostgator.com

Yeah.. Disk space..

More
13 years 5 months ago #25 by sozzled
For the third time in this topic, please read Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in the Wiki. SEO is not a feature of Kunena; it's a feature of Joomla.

The article that I've asked you to read explains exactly what you need to do. Rename the Joomla htaccess.txt to .htaccess.

Your current .htaccess file has a whole lot of redirects and that may explain why your forums aren't working any more. I don't "do" clever .htaccess; I just "do" basic, follow-the-bouncing-ball, KISS Joomla .htaccess.

And I love that comment from your ISP about "disk space" :lol:

More
13 years 5 months ago #26 by Spartan
Replied by Spartan on topic Redirect Loop
I apologize if this has been covered, I was unable to find what I was looking for...

Joomla 1.5.22
Kunena 1.5 & 1.6
PHP 5.X
GoDaddy Shared Hosting (Linux, Deluxe)

Recently, I used the Kunena Converter to migrate from Agora to K1.6. All appeared to go well, as all the topics, categories, etc. showed up. When someone would click on an individual topic to view it, or post a new topic, the user would get a redirect loop. I tested this on IE 6, 7 & 8 and even FireFox 3.6.12.

So, after all that, I tried version K1.5, and it worked, albeit I had go go thru and remove duplicate posts in all categories and topics (not that big a deal).

Any ideas on how to update to 1.6? Im kinda lost. Short of having to loose all my previous posts and data with a fresh install (not feasible), I am stumped.

Thank you in advance for any help, and again I apologize for any noob mistakes should this post have been covered elsewhere (I searched, I promise!)

Semper Fidelis!

More
13 years 5 months ago #27 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Redirect Loop
(1) Redirect loop issues: use the results of this search to see if they help: www.kunena.org/forum/advsearch?q=redirec...name=1&childforums=1

(2) Upgrading from K 1.5 to K 1.6: this is straightforward and the subject has been asked and answered many times. You install K 1.6 like you install any other Joomla extension. The release notes show you what you need to do. What are your specific problems in trying to figure out the answer?

GoDaddy may have its own issues. Other users have reported problems using Kunena on a GoDaddy-hosted platform.

More
13 years 5 months ago #28 by Spartan
Replied by Spartan on topic Re: Redirect Loop
Actually, I did follow the instructions. I even used the correct web browser. After attempting to effect the solutions you provided in the link, it only created further issues, and eventually caused a crash of my database. I was able to recover my site without issue, and simply removed all forum database tables and install files from my FTP directory. I have since installed 1.6.1 as a fresh install and will just have to go from there. Thanks for the quick response!

More
13 years 5 months ago #29 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Redirect Loop
Let me see if I correctly understand what you just wrote. You reviewed the instructions in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to see if you had your Joomla website setup according to that guide. Is that correct?

You weren't using some other third-party SEF product and, if you were, you disabled it. Is that correct?

Your website uses the standard Joomla .htaccess file (not something else that you have created specially for your website). Is that correct?

How did you ascertain that your DB had crashed? Maybe you hadn't properly installed K 1.6 in the first place? Had you checked for this possibility?

GoDaddy may be the cause of the problems. See the results of this search: www.kunena.org/forum/advsearch?q=Godaddy...te=all&childforums=1

More
13 years 5 months ago #30 by Spartan
Replied by Spartan on topic Re: Redirect Loop
You are correct, I did not use a third party SEO, I was using the native settings, and set them up properly according to the help article from J!. I have had them set up since the inception of my website (1 year ago). That included the standard J! .httaccess file, I did not create a custom one.

The DB crashed because nothing worked, and I received error after error all relating to the DB. I entered the DB via MyPHP Admin, and all the tables were corrupted, missing data and some tables were even missing entirely. So I simply removed the entire DB, and all files from my FTP directory, and restored everything (DB, FTP directory) from a back-up (always back up, regularly!!). I then simply uninstalled all forums (Agora and K) and followed the install directions again for K1.6.1.

I have had issues with GoDaddy in the past, but have since reconciled my issues with them concerning other components of J!.

Time to create page: 0.705 seconds