Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
13 years 4 months ago #61 by sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #62 by circuz_phreak
"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete"

I installed and configured kunena, accessed it a few times on my website and everything seemed fine. Enabled SEF urls in joomla and the forum went down giving me that error in firefox when I try and access it. Has anyone had this issue? Can anyone point me to a post that resembles this? Does this component just not work with core joomla SEF enabled? Please don't tell me I have to migrate to another forum....Oh and I don't know if this matters but I have kunena menu all set up, but not my main menu, i.e. I only have a forum link but all necessary links in kunena menu, I am not sure if this matters.

Xampp (Home server running windows)
Php 5.3
Mysql 5
Joomla 1.5.22
Kunena 1.6.1

Here's the report config with core SEF disabled (kunena works fine)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : rt_affinity_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.16 | creationdate: October 12, 2010

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.8.11) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC1) | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Here's the report with core SEF on (kunena doesn't work)

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : rt_affinity_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.16 | creationdate: October 12, 2010

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.8.11) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC1) | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by circuz_phreak.

More
13 years 4 months ago #63 by sozzled
This topic is very similar to a few other questions that we have recently received in relation to K 1.6.1. As the error message itself says, your website cannot resolve the redirection that you've implemented on your website.

When you think about it, when you click a menu item (even going to your home (default) page, your website has to make sense of the http: GET request. As far as Joomla is concerned, there is the "standard" way (you've seen the URLs that look like <my-domain-name>/index.php?option=com_kunena) and there's the search-engine friendly way (URLS that look like <my-domain-name>/forum) The translation from one to the other is performed by the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) feature of Joomla.

A lot of people get it wrong.

To make Joomla SEO work, you need to have a special file in your site root directory called .htaccess (say it as it's spelt: "dot-ht-access") If you don't have this file, or if you tamper with it, then things won't work ... and that's why when you disable SEO on your site things work for you.

It's even more complicated when you use XAMPP because you're using something like an Apache web server running on a Windows box. The trouble is that you can't rename a file to .htaccess on Windows. But, if you search at forum.joomla.org you will get some answers.

Here is one idea that might work for you. On your real webserver (one that actually works and that runs Linux instead of Windows) upload your htaccess.txt file from your PC, rename the file as .htaccess and then download that file back to your PC-based site root directory.

You don't need to migrate to another forum. You just need to get your head around running XAMPP and the many problems that it causes people (esp. under Windows)!

More
13 years 4 months ago #64 by circuz_phreak
I know programming and ya running Xampp on windows is strange, but I hate dealing with linux permissions so here I am. I also run cygwin so I get a unix terminal....so i love linux but with this web server stuff the permission annoy me too much. Anyways, my .htaccess is fine i used cygwin to change the file name and modify appropriately a while back, and you were right about the menu thing. Joomla seems driven off menu items because after adding more forum menu items to my main menu, the forum worked again (with SEF enabled...). So I still don't know what was happening or going on really, but I guess it wanted a "Forum->Index" menu link the joomla main menu (or any menu for that matter) with an item id so it could navigate to it properly. Anyways, you probably can make more sense of it than me but thanks, you steered me in the right direction.

More
13 years 4 months ago #65 by polhallen
I need replicate my website (and db) and re-test the 1.6 forum because if I use kunana in a new joomla installation everything is ok.

thanks

Pol

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #66 by rkoziol7
I have the same problem. I can see the forum but can not enter any posts or categories. My forum is located under findsurebet.com/forum.html

(1) I have moved my htaccess.txt file to .htaccess to avoid .htaccess problems
(2) I use Joomla SEF only - the problem does not exist when I set 'Search Engine Friendly URLs' to 'no'
(3) I have an item ID for my forum. The problem does not exist when I set 'Search Engine Friendly URLs' to 'no', so I guess itemid is right
(4) the wrong itemid (this would not be generated by the Kunena component). the problem does not exist when I set 'Search Engine Friendly URLs' to 'no' - so I guess itemid is right
(5) My legacy plugin is disabled
(6) the webhosting platform that you are using - kunena 1.6.0 did work so that's not a problem

Any other suggestions? Is there a place I could download 1.6.0 version from?

Regards
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by rkoziol7.

More
13 years 4 months ago #67 by none
Hi. I've just migrated to Kunena 1.6.1 and I also when I click on the topic title I get a redirect eroor message:

The page isn't redirecting properly.

Any solution?

Thanks

More
13 years 4 months ago #68 by rkoziol7
Replied by rkoziol7 on topic Re: Redirection error
Where could I download a 1.6.0 version? I have to downgrade too because I have got the same error. I can not see this version on the kunena website to download...

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #69 by none
Hi,

Sorry but does anyone can give me some advice? Now my Kunena is useless and I really need to use it.

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by none.

More
13 years 4 months ago #70 by kang.t7
Hi Guys!
Ok i Worked out a solution. GO to Global Config in Joomla &
Select "NO" to "Search Engine Friendly URLs"

This stops The Redirect Loop. Now my Urls are UGLY:P

I Have a feeling this has to do with my .htaccess or htaccess.txt

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds