Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: user registration)

13 Jul 2012 00:56 - 13 Jul 2012 01:02

Is there a way to send out a customised Welcome message to new forum members?

Category: Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla

This is the question you asked:

Just wondering if there is any way to automatically send out a 'Welcome' message which invites the new member to read the Rules and Help pages of the forum and then also suggests that they start posting by putting their introductions in the 'Welcome' section.

This is the answer to that question:

... we need to make one point absolutely clear:
Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login
I think I have written that statement over one hundred times. Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login. These are standard Joomla features or they may be assisted by other Joomla extensions that you have installed (e.g. JomSocial or Community Builder).

... and ...

[you need to use a] registration component or plugin for Joomla which sends custom message during registration process.

01 Jul 2012 04:01 - 01 Jul 2012 04:03

Error 500 with wrong username and password on front end of forum.

Category: K 2.0 Fatal Errors

To diagnose HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors, please read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login. Kunena uses whatever registration and login modules that you have decided to use on your site. Unfortunately, the configuration report generator for K 2.0.0 does not show your backend Kunena Forum » Plugin Manager » Kunena - Joomla Integration settings. This information may, or may not, assist you.

The important thing is to find out the cause of the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error and, by enabling Kunena debug mode, you should be able to find that out.
20 Jun 2012 03:35

PHP error messages generated by RC2 ??

Category: K 2.0 Test Reports Archive

These issues are off-topic to the questions you asked about PHP error messages generated by RC2 and do not belong here.

As far as matters surrounding user registration processes are concerned (whether it is here or on your own website) please read the FAQ How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? .

If there are issues involving user registration processes at this website here (www.kunena.org) then please report them to us in the category General Talk about Kunena . If there are issues involving registration at your website, please use the category Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla - see the sticky topics first before you post. Thank you :)
14 Jun 2012 01:15
Replied by sozzled on topic User Profile Edit

User Profile Edit

Category: K 1.7 Common Questions

HTTP 403 Forbidden status codes can occur in Joomla from a variety of causes. Generally, HTTP 403 Forbidden means that access to a file/folder you are trying to open has been denied, either on purpose or due to a misconfiguration. Check the webserver's error log when troubleshooting.

Diagnosing HTTP 403 Forbidden errors is similar to the process described in the Wiki article HTTP 500 Internal Server Error even though the way you fix HTTP 403 Forbidden errors will be different. In the error log you will see a list of the last error messages generated by your website. In this list you will find detailed information about each error including: the date and time of the error, some information about the client receiving the error, description of the error and information about which folder or file on your account is generating the error.

Therefore, you need to find out why people are being blocked from accessing their profile. Check, among other things, Securing Kunena .

Some of those other things include extra Joomla extensions that you may be using, for example, the Auto Login for User Registration one that I mentioned earlier or maybe it's something else. What other extensions are you using that affect the way you login to your website?
14 Jun 2012 00:48
29 May 2012 23:39 - 29 May 2012 23:44

User registration and/or general login issues

G'day, langster, and welcome to Kunena.

I agree with kiwi3685. If you read the FAQs page (see the menu tab above the forum) then you will find that Kunena does not handle user registration.

Had loads of spam hitting the new forum, that's now gone, but definitely receiving dodgy looking new users which register automatically, whereas I'd rather vet them.

There are several Joomla extensions that you can use to vet new user registrations before they are allowed to login to your site and use your site's features.

*** Topic moved and merged ***
28 May 2012 02:32 - 28 May 2012 02:33

forum link - hidden and visible

First of all please excuse my belated reply. Is that what the user meant in the agora group?

Please try to be more actively involved. This is a very busy forum and now I have to re-read everything you have written before! :(

Why do you keep referring to "Agora"? Agora is a different Joomla extension and has nothing to do with Kunena.

If your .htaccess file is "damaged" then fix it up. The easiest way is to rename the file htaccess.txt that comes with any standard Joomla installation kit.

If you do not want anyone to be able to create their own account - this means you have to create everyone's account - then use the setting:

Global Configuration » System » User Settings » Allow User Registration = No

If you want to display the login form on your forum, then use the setting:

Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = Auto Detect

If you want registered users only to be able to view your forum, then use the setting:

Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Registered Users Only = Yes
25 May 2012 04:12

GigaOrion: your question has been asked and answered in this topic. Kunena is not responsible for user registration. Site registration is a function of Joomla. Joomla does not have a "new registration approval" procedure but other components, like JomSocial and Community Builder do have this function. You can use the JED to search for other extensions that may help you.
11 May 2012 13:30

modify user profile link when not logged in

You could try changing the setting:

Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration
11 May 2012 07:07

[Resolved] Registered Users: Force Username to be Firstname + Surname

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 Common Questions Archive

I thought about this question for a long time but I cannot give a better answer than Matias has done.

"Basic" Joomla, itself, does not separate the "real name" data into first name and last name and, because Joomla does not do this there's no way of enforcing a name policy when your users register on your site. The only thing that "basic" Joomla knows about is the "real name" and, whatever a user enters in this field when they register, that's what Kunena is able to use (as Matias wrote), too.

Other extensions, like Community Builder, may be useful in this regard, too. I remind everyone reading this that Kunena is not responsible for user registration: see How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?
10 May 2012 02:19

G'day, Angela, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read msg #2 in this topic for the answer to your question.
07 May 2012 02:11
Replied by sozzled on topic Cant register new users

Cant register new users

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 miscellaneous third-party extensions archive

G'day, flotsam, and welcome to Kunena.

You have a problem with Community Builder and I suggest that you discuss your problem with the good folks at Joomlapolis . User registration is not handled by Kunena (see How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? .
03 May 2012 03:38 - 03 May 2012 03:50

K 1.7 How to setup CAPTCHA for registered users

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 Common Questions Archive

I don't need [CAPTCHA] for inserting posts (they are all registered users...) but I need it for creating a forum user.

That's a different question to the one I thought you were asking. User registration has nothing to do with Kunena.

I'm trying to make CAPTCHA work but I can't. I can't see it when I register as a new user [and] neither when I post a message to the forum

When I read this I saw two questions; my reply to you was in response to the second of those questions.

In response to your main question - using CAPTCHA as part of a user registration procedure - please read How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? . Kunena is not responsible for user registration.
Displaying 106 - 120 out of 381 results.
Time to create page: 1.485 seconds