Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: kunena not responsible for user registration)

19 Feb 2010 23:45
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:creating new users - registration

creating new users - registration

Category: K 1.5 Installation, Upgrade and Migration Archive

Kunena is not responsible for actually registering new user accounts. Having said that, the link at the top of the forum page is a Kunena feature. The question is, what are we talking about?

Please confirm if this is where you are having difficulty. If you search for "register new account" you will also find many other discussion topics on this subject.
23 Jan 2010 04:01 - 23 Jan 2010 04:04
Replied by sozzled on topic Registration Page Issues

Where do i add a terms & conditions info for new users when they register?

Category: K 1.5 Common Questions Archive

G'day, 420blogger, and welcome to the forum. :)

I will repeat what I have written elsewhere ( Registration Page Issues ):

As I am "fond" of telling people ;), Kunena is not responsible for user registration, pure and simple. User registration is a Joomla function that may, or may not, be assisted by other components such as JomSocial or Community Builder or others. Kunena makes it possible to utilise these other components.

Therefore if you want to include a "You must agree to these terms and conditions before you can become a member" you don't do this with Kunena.

People fail to make the distinction: you're not registering with the forum (as you wrote) as though it were something independent of the website. User registration is a website issue. Kunena simply uses whatever you've done in Joomla ... as simple as that!

There are other extensions that may give you what you want. I think it's possible with JomSocial or Community Builder, for example, and you can browse the Joomla Extensions Directory for them. B)

What you could do, to address your issue, is to construct a "site policy" page as a Joomla article and refer to it in your forum announcement or forum description.
19 Jan 2010 01:47
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:I have three questions

I have three questions

1. It may be possible - I haven't tried - to use animated gifs as smileys. See Smiley management in the Wiki
  2. Kunena is not responsible for user registration (see Registration Page Issues ). You will need to integrate Recapture with whatever component you have installed on your website.
  3. Ever since Kunena came on the scene there has never been a Bad Words plugin that has worked. Once upon a time there was a plugin available for Fireboard but this does not work now. From K 1.5.8 the configuration settings (to integrate with the defunct Bad Words filter) have been removed from Kunena.
13 Jan 2010 01:42
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:On site notification

On site notification

Category: K 1.5 Hacks, Tricks & Tips Archive

As we have said on numerous occasions, Kunena is not responsible for user registration or account activation. You will have more success if you look at the Joomla forum .
09 Jan 2010 02:15
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Registration Page Issues

Registration Page Issues

G'day, dgreener, and welcome to the forum. :)

As I am "fond" of telling people ;), Kunena is not responsible for user registration, pure and simple. User registration is a Joomla function that may, or may not, be assisted by other components such as JomSocial or Community Builder or others. Kunena makes it possible to utilise these other components.

There's much folklore associated with how well Kunena integrates the registration/login/logout functions with JomSocial and CB (which probably explains why there are so many requests for how to disable the feature), but let's leave that aside and look at your problem. I strongly doubt that Kunena is involved in what's going on.

You say that you're not receiving the automated "activation e-mail". This could be due to several causes but the most likely one is that you registered your account with an incorrect e-mail address. Of course, it may simply be that your webhost may not have e-mail properly configured (for example, if you are using XAMPP on your own PC and you haven't installed a SMTP mail service). Therefore, my question to you is this: has your site ever sent you e-mail? :unsure:
20 Aug 2009 05:42
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Singel login to forum

Singel login to forum

Category: K 1.5 Support Archive

You can't do this ... well, not easily, anyway. This question is also tied up with a similar question you asked less than four hours ago, isn't it? :whistle:

I have said this, and others have also said this, on many occasions: Kunena is not responsible for how users register or login to your website. That's the start, end and the middle of the discussion. Joomla handles the way your users register and login. The Joomla registration process may be helped by third-party extensions like Community Builder or JomSocial.

Having said those things, what does your request for a separate "login module to my forum that is not connected with the Joomla login (nor connected to the Joomla user database)" mean? You see, that question is impossible to answer in a Kunena context.

I suggest you look at the Joomla Extensions Directory , or ask your question in the Joomla forum (forum.joomla.org/), for an answer ... and the best of luck in finding one.

Maybe the simplest solution is to create two websites ... two websites, two separate registrations and logins ... simple, really, isn't it? B)
19 Aug 2009 04:54
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:New User registration

New User registration

Category: K 1.5 Support Archive

G'day, jcolome. As I have said on many occasions, Kunena is not responsible for user registrations. This is a Joomla matter. Your question has probably been asked and answered dozens of times at forums.joomla.org.

Solution: Change your user record (at the site you constructed on behalf of your friend) site so that you don't receive "system e-mails". :)
Displaying 106 - 112 out of 112 results.
Time to create page: 2.122 seconds