Kunena 6.0.8 Released (17 Jan 2023)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.0.8 [K 6.0.8] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.2.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.0 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 6.0.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved K 3.0.2 message preview not working

More
9 years 3 months ago #31 by civilizationitalia
I don't know if it can help but I'm trying to debug with IE 10 Developer Tool.
When I start to write the post I trigger the event (onChangeing or something similar I suppose) but I got an error on third line of the following snippet:
Code:
if(this.options.interceptTabs) { this.el.addEvent('keypress', function(event){ event = new Event(event); if(event.key == "tab") { event.preventDefault(); this.replaceSelection("\t"); } }.bind(this)); }

editor.js, row 263 character 5

The error is something like "Action not valid for the object" (rowly translated from italian).
If I continue to debug I noticed that
Code:
if (_previewActive == true){

return false and skip the code inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, xillibit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #32 by xillibit
Hello,

I have found a fix, remove the following line and it will works :
Code:
event = new Event(event);

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #33 by sozzled
So, maybe this whole problem (and the reason why we have never been able to reproduce it here at www.kunena.org ) is because none of us uses Internet Explorer? Maybe the whole problem has to do with IE 10/11 Javascript support?

As it turns out, I passed the information to the developers and they checked. This change has been referred to at GitHub #2010.

Howard, can you tell us what kind of browser you have been using when you have the problem, please?

EDIT:

Further information:
  1. Howard uses Safari
  2. json support enabled; json version 1.2.1
  3. Cannot reproduce these problems at www.kunena.org
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #34 by Matias
A comment on using the Kunena 1.7 template:

Kunena 2.0+ is designed to use CSS, JS and image files from the "legacy templates", but to ignore any PHP code. So the Blue Eagle derived legacy templates should work, althought with some potential issues.

In this case I would just keep using the old one, but at the same time I would remove all the javascript and PHP files, just in case. Then I would rename the template and change its version. :) Of course this should be done first in a test site...
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Matias.

More
9 years 3 months ago #35 by sozzled
Further update:

1. I talked for about an hour with Howard
  2. Howard is now trialling K 3.0.3-DEV to see if it makes any difference
  3. Howard promised me that he will never again use the K 1.7.2 Blue Eagle template :D
  4. Howard will be building a "vanilla flavoured Joomla" test site (with no changes, no non-standard Joomla site template, nothing else added), install Kunena on it (again, with no changes to the configuration) and see if, out-of-the box he can reproduce the message preview issue. This could take a while before he gets back to us.
  5. This is a low priority issue as far as Howard is concerned.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #36 by sozzled
Further update: Howard confirmed that on a "vanilla-flavoured" no-frills Joomla website, with a vanilla-flavoured K 3.0.2 installation, there were no issues with the message preview. This eliminates the webhost as a possible cause and also eliminates Kunena software as a possibility.

The cause is therefore, in this particular case, something unique to Howard's installation. We can probably consider this matter closed for the time being but it would be nice to know what other Joomla extension, installed on the problem site, interferes with the behaviour of Kunena's editor.js ... in this particular instance.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 3 months ago #37 by civilizationitalia
After further investigation, I found a solution for my site: I simply disabled Kunena - CB Integration Plugin.

Is it a CB issue? Do I need to notify Joomlapolis about it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
9 years 3 months ago #38 by sozzled

civilizationitalia wrote: After further investigation, I found a solution for my site: I simply disabled Kunena - CB Integration Plugin.

This could be useful to help us determine the cause of the problem. This is also something that you and freedomcoach have in commpn - both of you have Community Builder 1.9.

Over the past few days I have spent many hours trying to work through this particular issue with freedomcoach and, I have to admit, we have not succeeded in finding a solution. freedcomcoach does not view this as a particularly significant problem to him but we would like to find out why it's happening nonetheless.

civilizationitalia wrote: Is it a CB issue?

I do not know. Probably not an issue for Joomlapolis at this time but more something that needs to be confirmed by other users of this community who use Kunena with CB. I am surprised that no-one else, who uses Kunena with Community Builder has discovered this particular problem before. This suggests that

1) Very few people use the message Preview feature (or no-one has tested it with CB); and

2) Of the few people who use message preview feature there is a much smaller number of people who use K 3.0 with the Kunena - Community Builder plugin enabled as you and freedomcoach have enabled it.

civilizationitalia wrote: Do I need to notify Joomlapolis about it?

It would not hurt to search the Joomlapolis forum to see of this issue has been detected by other users of K 3.0 and CB. However, the Kunena - Community Builder plugin was developed by the Kunena team (with help from the guys at Joomlapolis) so this is something that needs further investigation.

Perhaps freedomcoach will read your message and will try what you did to see if it fixes the problem?

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #39 by freedomcoach
Happy Day!!

It worked. I disabled the CB plugin in Kunena and the preview works! Now it is a matter of determining why this plugin is messing up the preview.

Now I need to get the red color back into my 3.02 template.

Sincerely,
Howard
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by freedomcoach.

More
9 years 3 months ago #40 by sozzled
K 3.0.2 has been superseded (and there was also a defect in the K 3.0.3-DEV version that I sent to you that messed up template colours). We recommend you upgrade to the latest stable K 3.0.3 that was released a couple of days ago.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds