Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved K 3.0.2 message preview not working

More
10 years 7 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #1 by freedomcoach
It seems that an old problem has reared its ugly head again, the famed Preview not working. I'm running the very latest K3.02 and preview window remains blank.

Fortunately, posts are saved properly with no difficulties. I see that there's been a previous thread on this topic but it is closed hence my posting this here. PLEASE advise how to remedy this! My Kunena profile is below.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : BTC2012 | author: Illiana Technology | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 2.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 2.0.4

Modules: Kunena Login 2.0.4

Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by 810.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by Mortti
Hi freedomcoach,

I can see that you have old versions of J! 2.5.xx, Kunena Search plugin and Kunena Login module at least...

...also there is old Kunena Template : Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Can you please update these at first and try then again?

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled
Howard, this is what I wrote in the other topic you started 3 days ago:

sozzled wrote: Maybe you are having problems because you are using the K 1.7.2 Blue Eagle template and you have not updated Kunena Search plugin and Kunena Login module to the latest version?

Also, your version of Joomla is out of date and you should upgrade it.

What I wrote, 3 days ago, applies the same here, too. Mortti's advice today is the same as my advice given 3 days ago, If you are unprepared (or unwilling) to update unsupported versions of software used on your website, there is not a lot that we can do to assist you.

The key question to this topic is whether the message preview facility ceases to work in the same ways as we were able to identify when you were using K 2.0.x. I vaguely remember those circumstances but the exact details of the case escape me at this very moment. Can we reproduce the problem here at K.org, for instance?

More
10 years 7 months ago #4 by andrerds
Hello friends, I need your help,
this error and very annoying to click on the preview, does not appear.
I came to uninstall Kunena instalalei and again, the error is not more left .. I do not know what else to do, I'm using Kunena 3.0.2 | 18.08.2013, and Joomla 2.5.14 ..

Please help me.

Grateful ...

More
10 years 6 months ago #5 by freedomcoach
Found the new Kunena search plugin but not clear where to download new template. I do not use the Kunena login module.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6 by rich
This template is already installed (after Kunena upgrade). Go in backend to "Kunena > Templates" and chose the template Blue Eagle 3.0 as default.

More
10 years 6 months ago #7 by freedomcoach
I selected the very latest 3.02 template in Kunena Admin but it did not make any difference in having the message preview work. It also threw off my forum color scheme. I need to get a fix for the preview problem. My profile is included below again.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : BTC2012 | author: Illiana Technology | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 2.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 2.0.4

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #8 by sozzled
There are many areas in your configuration where you can make improvements. What I wrote earlier in this topic remains the same. You are using a Kunena add-on that is not up-to-date. You are using an unsupported Kunena template. Your Kunena menu is non-standard. We do not have thus problem here at K.org. No-one can see the problem at your website because no-one can access your forum without the proper credentials.

It is my guess that I could spend 3 or 4 hours trying to assist you, one-on-one, as we have done in the past and we may still not be able to determine the root cause. But before we do that, how about we try to establish a reasonable basis from which we can begin?

This means: update your software, fix up the forum integration settings, use a standard Kunena menu, use a supported Kunena template, answer my earlier question - can we reproduce the problem here at this website? Then, perhaps, we can work through what else may be needed to be done.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Jiminimonka. Reason: spelling mistake Kunnena

More
10 years 6 months ago #9 by robin76
I have the same problem. I went in debug and I deleted all errors, but still preview is blank. I tried to change template using default kunena (the new one) and it is same. I tried to change main template too, but nothing.
Help please!

Roberto

More
10 years 6 months ago #10 by Jiminimonka

robin76 wrote: I have the same problem. I went in debug and I deleted all errors, but still preview is blank. I tried to change template using default kunena (the new one) and it is same. I tried to change main template too, but nothing.
Help please!

Roberto

Post your un-edited Configuration Report when asking for support, but also please read the rest of this topic, because the answer is already given, if you take some time.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds