Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration

More
12 years 1 week ago #111 by Neocold
Version 4.0 Release

This is the STABLE release of version 3.3 and supports JomSocial 2.6.

New Features:

"Forum Settings" page (my original hack)
"Posts" page
"Subscriptions" page (categories and individual posts)
"Favorites" page
"Thank You" page (Thank You's received and given)
Installation Instructions is now a html page with color and anchor links for easier reading/navigation. This instructions file is also now available via the "JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration" page on my website when logged in with a valid subscription.

With the exception of the "Unapproved Posts" and "Ban Manager" these features are what is available in the Kunena Profile page.

Maker of:
JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration
JomSocial and Kunena Karma Integration
Both are available at my website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xenxes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #112 by xenxes
TY for the wonderful (and affordable) bridge.

Just one suggestion, I think it would flow better to place Forum Settings into Jomsocial's "Edit profile" -- that way all profile information is in one place.

All that remains in the forums section is Posts, Subscriptions, Favorites and TYs.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #113 by xenxes
Couple issues:

(1) No buttons to unsubscribe and unfavorite under subscriptions or favorite tabs.

[strike](2) Is there a way to make the forumsettings.css link colors only affect that page? It has changed my top menu links all to white also.[/strike] Fixed the CSS to match my theme, just removed the .d0 and .d1s for the links, and changed the .d1 background to a different color.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by xenxes.

More
12 years 1 week ago #114 by Neocold
xenxes,

I will look into combining the Forum Settings into the Edit Profile page.

I overlooked the unsubscribe and unfavorite, I will see if I can get this added and released soon. In the mean time clicking on the link will take you to the forums where you can unsubscribe/unfavorite.

I am concerned about the link color issue, as unless I screwed up on the code it should only be changing the color of the links within the output from my hack. On my test site and my live site that I sell/support the hack on there is not an issue. Might just be your particular theme? Not sure on this one.

Thanks,
Justin

Maker of:
The following user(s) said Thank You: xenxes

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #115 by xenxes
Wow you're quick!

For the Forum Settings, I think the following move is most user-intuitive (without having to break up the specific fields on the page):

- Move Forum Settings->Forum Settings to Edit Profile->Account Information
- Move Forum Settings->(Post+Subs+Favs+TYs) to Top Menu, new tab called Forums

As for the link color, it may just be my theme (Rocket Theme Clarion), CSS is an easy edit so it's not an issue.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by xenxes.

More
12 years 1 week ago #116 by sunnyjey

xenxes wrote: Wow you're quick!

For the Forum Settings, I think the following move is most user-intuitive (without having to break up the specific fields on the page):

- Move Forum Settings->Forum Settings to Edit Profile->Account Information
- Move Forum Settings->(Post+Subs+Favs+TYs) to Top Menu, new tab called Forums

I too agree with Xenxes. This move would make it more user-friendly. :)

More
12 years 1 week ago #117 by Neocold
That looks good, I will see what I can do and it actually falls in line with another request I have received.

Maker of:

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #118 by Neocold
Version 4.2

This version supports JomSocial 2.6.2 and Kunena 2.0.1

July 21, 2012

New Features:

-->Language File - The hack now uses a Language File for better/easier support of multi-language
-->"Forum Settings" page is now gone, Forums values (signature, social links, personal text, etc) are now on the JomSocial "Edit Profile" page
-->Forum Settings "Message Ordering", "Hide Email" and "Show Online" are now on the JomSocial "Preferences" page
-->"Posts" page, "Subscriptions" page (categories and individual posts), "Favorites" page, "Thank You" page (Thank You's received and given) are all now under "Forums" on the JomSocial Toolbar
-->If doing a Manual Install you now only edit 4 files, then add the included hack files. This will make updating to new versions much easier.
-->Initial install/Updates are easy with the new loading page ( www.yoursite.com/index.php?option=com_jskpiload )

Maker of:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Neocold.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #119 by Neocold
Version 4.3 (July 30, 2012)

This version supports JomSocial 2.6.2 and Kunena 2.0.1

New Features/Updates:

-->Pagination (20 lines per page) added to Posts, Subscriptions, Favorites, and Thank You pages.

-->Forum Settings "Message Ordering", "Hide Email" and "Show Online" are now on the JomSocial "Preferences" page

-->"Posts" page, "Subscriptions" page (categories and individual posts), "Favorites" page, "Thank You" page (Thank You's received and given) are all back under the JomSocial template when viewed.

-->If doing a Manual Install you now edit 6 files again, then add the included hack files. The return of the 2 additional edits was needed to put the pages back under the JomSocial template.

-->The loading page will now auto refresh. If install is successful it will tell you. After a maximum of 4 refreshes it will tell you that there are errors installing that could not be resolved by the loading page.

-->If the install is successful on the loading page it will give you the option to migrate the Kunena Fields into the new JomSocial fields so your users do not need to retype the information in the new fields.

-->The loading page will now disable the old "Forum Settings" link for you.

-->The signature box will now install with a maximum of 800 characters instead of the tiny limit it was defaulting with.

-->Image/coloring removed from top of Posts, Subscriptions, Favorites, and Thank You pages. This now uses the JomSocial submenu template/css.

-->Fixed problem on JomSocial fields where using special characters would throw a 500 error.

Maker of:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Neocold.

More
11 years 8 months ago #120 by Jiminimonka
I tried to register on your website, getting fatal errors.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.634 seconds