Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged K 2.0 general menu issues

More
11 years 9 months ago #71 by keithyoung89
Yes ... it now works. I'll write up detail for others in morning as it was a bit obscure.
Thanks sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #72 by sozzled
keithyoung89: I have not read through the whole topic but you asked two questions - this is not a good thing to do; we prefer one question per topic. Did you resolve the issue with the missing emoticons? If not, can you please start a new topic. I would like to close this topic and mark it as "solved". Thank you.

More
11 years 9 months ago #73 by keithyoung89
I should have refered to topicicons, not emoticons.

I will start a new topic for this after I have double checked the issue.

As far as i'm concerned this topic (menu problem) is resolved and can be closed.

Thanks.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #74 by sozzled
Please start a new topic relating to topic icons. Thank you. The subject (in this topic) refers to "emoticons", not topic icons.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago #75 by kross76
I'll look for the write up by keithyoung89 on the Menu Problem, and try it. And let you know if it's solved. keithyoung89, please be detailed in your description of the solution. Thanks ...

More
11 years 9 months ago #76 by keithyoung89
This solution refers only to the missing menu tabs following upgrade. A new topic will be started regarding missing topicicons.

Following sozzled's instructions, this is how you get the Kunena menu (tabs) working after upgrade:

[assume that the main menu is your default menu]
- menus > main menu. Find your existing link to the Forum in the list of items. Trash it. Empty trash
- components > kunena. Go to Control Panel > Forum Tools > menu manager. Click on Trash Menu (top right) to rebuild the Kunena Menu
- return to menus > main menu. You will find a new link to the Forum that was automatically generated when yu rebuilt the Kunena Menu. It will have a status of 'unpublished' - change this to 'published'.

You should now find that the Kunena menu appears when you go to the Forum from your new main menu link - the missing menu tabs will now be there (I hope!)

I hope I've left nothing out - please report back if it still does not work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mraab, WinniePooh, Aryentain

More
11 years 9 months ago #77 by sozzled
Perfect. That's what I would have said, also. (Actually, that's almost word-for-word what I have written in the FAQs page. The only difference is that in K 2.0 you use the Kunena Trash Menu facility compared with Kunena Create Menu feature in K 1.7)

More
11 years 9 months ago #78 by keithyoung89

More
11 years 9 months ago #79 by kross76
GREAT - It works. Very clear. Sozzled, I went back to look at the FAQ in the wiki, and your point #1 "Trash all existing menus and menu items that relate to your Kunena forum" isn't explicit enough that you've got to trash the menu item in your main menu that points to Kunena. It's certainly implied, though.

Great job of support ...

More
11 years 9 months ago #80 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Missing Kunena Menu
*** Topics merged ***

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds