Kunena 5.2.4 and Blue eagle 1.6.4 released (04 Apr 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.4 [K 5.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.4

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged K 2.0 general menu issues

More
8 years 8 months ago #101 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Missing Kunena Menu
When you say that the method for restoring the Kunena menu "doesn't work" with multi-lingual Joomla websites, what do you mean, exactly? The method shown in the video creates a menu, with options in the default language defined in your administrator site (assuming you have installed the appropriate Kunena language pack for it).

A menu item is created in your home/default menu; the menu item to lead people to your forum is inactive until you publish it. This is shown about 2 minutes into the video. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #102 by François59
Replied by François59 on topic Missing Kunena Menu
The creation of the new Kunena Menu is Ok. But I don't have a item in the main menu to publish. It doesn't exist. So I try to create it manually and I publish it. But kunena menu doesn't appear in the front website.

More
8 years 8 months ago #103 by sozzled
François59: please read Customised menus in the Wiki. I hope that helps.

More
8 years 8 months ago #104 by François59
Replied by François59 on topic Missing Kunena Menu
Thanks for your help, I downgraded kunena version to 1.7.2 for this multilingual website and all is ok with Kunena Menu.

I will try later to migrate to the version 2.0.1

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #105 by gwmbox
I have followed as much as possible all of the suggestions here, while I have my menu working again the URL for the main meanu item for my forums is not what I need/want.

Before upgrading to 2.0.1 when using 1.7.2 my menu item for my forums was mysite.com/forums, however now I have to use mysite.com/forums/index or as its default it is mysite.com/forums/topics/mode-replies. (note I modified the Kunena Menu 'Forum' item to 'Forums'

I have in my main menu an alias pointing to the 'index' menu item in the Kunena menu. If I point it to the 'Forums' menu item (in the Kunena menu) the url is mysite.com/forums/topics/mode-replies, which again is not what I want, I want it to be the same as it was for 1.7.2. If I use a direct link to the Forum Home page instead of an alias and change that item to be an alias of 'forums' I can get it to work using the url of mysite.com/forums but the kunen menu does not display again when viewing the forum.

I also tried a 301 redirect from mysite.com/forums/index to mysite.com/forums but what that does is revert it back to mysite.com/forums/topics/mode-replies instead of just leaving it as mysite.com/forums.

This is driving me nuts, does anyone know how I can get it to revert back and just use mysite.com/forums as the forums default home.

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by gwmbox. Reason: Hopefully to make it clearer what I am asking help for.

More
8 years 8 months ago #106 by sozzled
As long as you are not trying to run your Joomla site from a folder of your domain (i.e. trying to do something like https://<my-domain-name>/folder) you should look at the video in The Kunena Menu . I hope that helps make things easier for you. :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #107 by gwmbox
Replied by gwmbox on topic Missing Kunena Menu
Yes and I did watch that video before and I DO have my menu working, however please see my original post where I have detailed my question (instead of me typing it out again). I appreciate your help, however it would seem you have either misunderstood my question and/or did not read the whole post I made.

Thanks

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #108 by sozzled
This is a community-driven self-help forum. We provide a general free service based on a standard approach to solving problems. For people who want to make custom changes, that's OK, and there is information that will assist you in the Wiki (see Customised menus ). Because I do not know what menu structure you have employed at your website, I can only give you general advice.

If you would like a personalise support service, tailored to your specific needs, we can arrange that on a fee-for-service basis. The cost of this service is based on an hourly rate.

If you want to use some kind of direct link mechanism (for your menu items) instead of using alias menus, that's fine if you can make it work that way. I would not be able to make things work that way.

I hope this advice helps you to decide what you want to do next.

Perhaps I have misunderstood you but, if anyone else can help, please be patient if you want free advice from another member of the community.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 8 months ago #109 by gwmbox
Replied by gwmbox on topic Missing Kunena Menu
*sigh*

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #110 by mlines
The tabs from the top of the forum (INDEX, MY TOPICS, RECENT TOPICS etc...) disappeared after upgrading to 2.0.1

Where should I start looking..

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum-mainmenu/category/list

Ok - I SHould have looked through the common issues, menu disappearing is listed!
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by mlines.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds