Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged K 2.0 general menu issues

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #61 by betteryouthanme
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_dome_free | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 2.3.3 | creationdate: 06/20/2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Login 2.0.1

:blush:

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by betteryouthanme.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #62 by onki
Hi

I have a similar issue. I am running K2.01 with JA Purity II in latest version.
The Kunena Menu is not showing on the Index page. On all other Kunena pages the menu can be seen.
Any idea.
I have done a global checkin already.

Any other idea?
Edit: Problem fixed. I had linked the forum through the menu by using the component type -> Index. Changing it to Menu alias pointing to Kunena Menu -> Forum solved the issue with not showing the menu at the index page.

Best regards
Onki
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by onki.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jenfar

More
11 years 9 months ago #63 by keithyoung89
Re-reading your post, jenfar, I think the issue you have is exactly the same as mine and others that have now posted to this topic. Sorry I slightly misunderstood previously.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #64 by kross76
I've got a similar / identical problem. I am running Joomla 1.5.26, ja_purity_ii and I installed k 2.01. Installation went smooth. In general, seems to work well. The biggest (only?) issue I have are the menus (i.e. the tabs). I link directly to the kunena menu "recent topics" from my main menu. The topic list is displayed correctly - but NO tabs on the top. IF / WHEN I click on a single entry in the discussion list, the individual entry is displayed AND the tabs magically appear, and the tab items work correctly as long as I stay within Kunena. Even the recent topics tab item works fine when I link from within Kunena. If I navigate back out of Kunena to another section, and then click on the main menu item linking me to Kunena, the issue is back.

I've read all of the entries in this thread, and I've used the Kunena tool to trash and re-constitute the menus, but the problem persists. Any ideas?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by kross76.

More
11 years 9 months ago #65 by betteryouthanme
Has somebody checked my report above yet? I can't see where the mistake could be. All is working now. Video bbcode, Login module horizontal but not the Kunena menu.. Can't update until this is fixed.
Is the Joomla template the problem?

@kross76 thats exactly what happens on my local testsite. Except the little fact im using Joomla 2.5.6 :blink:

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

More
11 years 9 months ago #66 by keithyoung89
I today tried switching from ja_purity_ii to beez_20, adding a main menu in the position7 (left) position with the same result - no Kunena menu showing. This, combined with the fact that at least one other person is using a different template (js_dome) suggests that the problem does not lie with the site template.

As things stand at present, the only 'workaround' I can suggest is to publish the Kunena Menu module separately from the main menu, with or without child items showing, and remove the link to the forum from the main (or custom) menu. So, in the case of ja_purity, publish Kunena Menu in user1 position (for example) and it works reliably.

It is interesting to note that with the latest upgrade for Kunena the kunena_menu position has been removed and the menu is rendered within Kunena itself - see earlier post. I just wonder if this change has introduced the issue that we are all experiencing.

I also notice that if you publish Kunena Menu separately, as suggested above, but leave the link on the main menu, when you hover on the link to the forum from each menu, the URL is different in respect of defaultmenu and itemid. But not properly understanding how these menus work this may just be a red herring.

More
11 years 9 months ago #67 by onki
Hi

I got a problem with additional emoticons missing when I used the Blue Eagle 2.0 Theme. Switching back to Blue Eagle 1.7 the emoticons were back.
Any idea why they are not visible with 2.0? Only blue boxed can be seen. The standard ones can be seen with both themes.

Best regards

Onki

More
11 years 9 months ago #68 by sozzled
@keithyoung89: Seems to me that you have not followed the earlier advice given to you to trash your menu, rebuild it and publish the [unpublished] link created for you in your default menu. If you want to use a custom menu, please read the instructions in Customised menus .

More
11 years 9 months ago #69 by keithyoung89
I thought i had. I'll try again.

More
11 years 9 months ago #70 by sozzled
keithyoung89: If, in doing "trying again", you fix your problem that's good. If, in doing so, you don't fix your problem, can you please post your configuration report again?

Time to create page: 0.579 seconds