Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged K 2.0 general menu issues

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #31 by coder4life
Replied by coder4life on topic The Kunena 2.0 Menu
No you cannot uninstall K2.0 and reinstall K1.7.2. Please follow release notes Kunena 2.0 Release Notes . You can restore from a backup.

Also I believe Rules was a custom menu type before, if I am not mistaken.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by coder4life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: arosscpa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #32 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic After upgrade - no Menu
In Kunena 2.0 I decided to remove most of the dirty hacks we had in the previous version and just use the plain menu system from Joomla. The reasoning was that people were having so many issues because of the hacks and I had difficulties to understand the code, so making fixes into it were becoming more and more difficult.

This is how Kunena works:

1) Check if current menu item has parent called "Kunena Forum >> Home Page"
2) Display menu which is under that menu item

Basically the effect is the same as creating menu module that displays sub-menu starting from Home Page level+1.

If you don't have menu under the current menu item, no forum gets displayed.

Joomla does have a way how to make menu aliases that are really located somewhere else, e.g. in another menu. By using that you can point your menu item to Kunena Menu. By default, Kunena adds one link to the default menu (marked with star).

More
11 years 9 months ago #33 by jamarchi
Replied by jamarchi on topic After upgrade - no Menu
Hi I don´t know how I can see the menu in the index, as you can see inthe image attached but when i clic in any item I got the error "500 Internal Server Error"

Can you please help me

Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago #34 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic After upgrade - no Menu
Please read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error for information on how to diagnose the cause.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #35 by jamarchi
Replied by jamarchi on topic After upgrade - no Menu
Hi Sozzled

I fixed the error with user and the menu showed up again, I don´t know if the issue with the user opction is related with the other issue.

But thank you for your answer

Regards,
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by jamarchi.

More
11 years 9 months ago #36 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic After upgrade - no Menu
I think we are finished here.

More
11 years 9 months ago #37 by NorfolkBroad
I had this problem when I used a Kunena Home Page or Kunena Category List as the Main menu option to display my forum. i.e. no Tabbed menu at the top - but it was only missing from the top level - if I click on a lower level category the menu appears and I can click on Index and it shows the whole forum with the tabbed menu, which is basically what I want my Main Menu to take me to for my Forum item.

After playing around with the options I found that by using a menu alias link pointed to the Index option in the Kunena menu for my Forum item on my main menu it would display exactlyhow I wanted it to.

More
11 years 9 months ago #38 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic After upgrade - no Menu
Menu alias link is actually what we recommend people to use in our documentation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #39 by alsthom
Replied by alsthom on topic After upgrade - no Menu
I am a bit confused about creating this menu alias. I don't know how to do this.
Should I go to kunena menu and the create a menu alias there?
Should I build a new menu from the start and create items?

Please advise.

EDIT! IGNORE THIS POST PLEASE...I AM SO STUPID!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by alsthom.

More
11 years 9 months ago #40 by nino59
Hi,

I don't see the Kunena menu. What's wrong?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds