Kunena 5.2.4 and Blue eagle 1.6.4 released (04 Apr 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.4 [K 5.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.4

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged K 2.0 general menu issues

More
8 years 9 months ago #41 by hkymre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #42 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic After upgrade - no Menu
*** Topics merged ***

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #43 by kanum
Replied by kanum on topic After upgrade - no Menu
Hi,

I have some issue with Menu. I search forum but not find.

I setup the menu like:

Default Menu of Kunena -> Then I have create a link to Category List on Top of my site.

Now I get the follow:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/*/public_html/components/com_kunena/controllers/home.php on line 34

Resolved!

That part is resolve but now I have problem with component:

Is the follow:

I have the default menu created by kunena on joomla (I use vs 2.5.6)
I create a menu to the forum on my top menu with name "Forum" now the problem is when I click here I get error. the link created is mydomain.com/forum from firefox I'am in Loop :s

But I use for example a SEF component run fine. But menus from kunena not appear with the link correct. For example Index, not appear /forum/index etc.

How can I fix this errors?
Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by kanum.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #44 by keithyoung89
I have upgraded a test version of a site from Kunena v1.7 to v2.0.1. The upgrade worked, but there are two issues:
- menu tabs are not showing (Index, Recent Topics etc)
- most thread emoticons are missing

The site is on Joomla v2.5.6. The Joomla template is JA_Purity_ii. The Kunena template is Blue Eagle 2.0 (although these issues arise with Blue Eagle 1.7 as well)

The test site is www.youngcc.co.uk/jtest2/ and can be compared with the live site www.staffierescuescotland.co.uk (which is about a week older than the test site). On the test site I have not yet upgraded the Forum Latest module. Thanks for any help in advance.

Configuration settings are:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_purity_ii | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: August 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.0

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by keithyoung89.

More
8 years 9 months ago #45 by keithyoung89
Since posting the above, I came across this:
How do I restore my Kunena menu?

The Kunena menu is a set of tabs that appears across the top of the forum pages. In some cases, this menu does not appear for a variety of causes.

A simple remedy for the problem is to use the trash-burn-build technique:

Trash all existing menus and menu items that relate to your Kunena forum
Ensure that you do not have a folder named /forum on your site.
Empty the menu trash.
Use the Create Menu feature in the Kunena control panel to restore your Kunena menu.
Make sure that you publish a link in your menu that calls the Kunena forum. Use the Alias Menu type to define that link (see Customised menus for more information)
Ensure that you have published a menu module for the kunena_menu template position.

But i am unable to find the 'Create Menu' button in the Kunena Control Panel. Can you advise where to find this please?

More
8 years 9 months ago #46 by 810
Hi. that info is for K1.7.x

for K2.x you need to go to tools, then ,menu manager and click op trash menu.

regards 810

More
8 years 9 months ago #47 by keithyoung89
Thanks 810, but ...

- having recreated the Kunena menu, I have to display it in a user position (and have opted to show sub-menu items). If I display it in position 'kunena_menu' nothing shows. Clicking on any Kunena menu item then takes you to the forum page which then shows the Kunena menu tabs as I want. However, clicking on the Main Menu item 'Forum' takes you to the forum but the tabs do not show. You can see what I mean if you look at the test site (see link in my original post).

So, as things stand, I have to display the Kunena menu separately from the main menu if I want the tabs to show. Not satisfactory!!

Any ideas please?

More
8 years 9 months ago #48 by jenfar
I have the same issue.

More
8 years 9 months ago #49 by keithyoung89
In a way, glad I'm not alone! Away for a week today so will pick up again 14th July. In the meantime, I am aware that soembody with greater knowledge than me is investigating. Will report back in due course.

More
8 years 9 months ago #50 by keithyoung89
jenfar: are you by any chance also using the ja_purity_ii template? If not we can eliminate it from our enquiries.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds