Kunena 5.2.4 and Blue eagle 1.6.4 released (04 Apr 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.4 [K 5.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.4

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged K 2.0 general menu issues

More
8 years 7 months ago #111 by dov.lachman
Hello all
I will thank for answer, where is the file that i can change the words in the tabs?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #112 by sozzled
G'day, dov.lachman, and welcome to Kunena.

Your question is very similar to " How do I edit, hide, disable or translate menu items in Kunena (e.g. rules, help, search) " - a question we've received over a hundred times.

The FAQs page also has information on this subject.

There is no file to change. The menu you see in K 2.0 is not very different from how things were done in K 1.7. The Kunena menu is a Joomla menu and you edit the items just like you would edit the menu items of any other menu.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 6 months ago #113 by pepperstreet
Hello, just noticed in J! 1.5.26 - Kunena 1.5.x Upgrade to Kunena 2.0.2
that the Kunena Menu module is not created.
The menu and entries are there, but no mod_mainmenu module.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #114 by pepperstreet
Tried to create a module manually, set all params like in another working installation etc.
No success?!?

The HTML markup shows just an empty ktab:
<div id="ktopmenu">
		<div id="ktab"></div>
</div>

EDIT:

Empty or not visible menu seems to be discussed here
So, this is not related to my missing module. As far as i understand from the mentioned thread, kunena menu needs to be in the main menu... I already had a single menu item there, and I want to keep the ItemID. So, I turned this existing menuitem into an ALIAS. pointing to my new Kunena Home Menuitem in Kunena Menu.

Works!

EDIT 2:
Funny..., accidently I did the same setup like in the wiki docs. You never stop learning! But I still wonder why it is working without an existing module. I deleted it again. Its not mandatory.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by pepperstreet.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #115 by cheeseus
After struggling for many hours trying to translate the tabbed Kunena Menu on top - looking in the .INI files, a forum poster explained that these labels are actually in the standard Joomla Menus section and that I could change their names from there.

As soon as I edit the name of even one of the tabs, e.g. "Index" to "Начало", the whole menu disappears.

From the Backend, via Forum Tools > Menu Manager I get no issues. When I hit the Trash Menu button, the menu is "recreated", meaning my translations are deleted and the English names are restored.

It would be a good idea to actually be able to localize the forum menu in our site's language.

EDIT: Any change to any menu item title makes the whole menu disappear - even changing "Index" to "Indexx".
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by cheeseus.

More
8 years 6 months ago #116 by aperola
vc sabe como destrancar p Fórum, pelo moderador?

More
8 years 6 months ago #117 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Missing Kunena Menu
asperola: English only in this category please.

More
8 years 6 months ago #118 by cheeseus
Replied by cheeseus on topic Kunena Menu disappears
I am still having the problem with the disappearing menu and my problem is DOES NOT SEEM related to the problems discussed in previous posts.

I don't want this menu in English. My site is not bilingual, it is only in my language.

I can edit the menu item titles, that is, translate them, for all titles except for Index. When I edit Index, the whole menu disappears. Sometimes, when I click on my username, to go to the Profile page, the menu appears (only if I've reverted Index to its original title), but when I click on the main menu link, it disappears again. The problem persists until I rebuild the menu from Forum Tools > Trash Menu. But this only takes me back to the beginning.

More
8 years 6 months ago #119 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Missing Kunena Menu
cheesus: Have you posted your configuration report? Can we see your configuration report, please? Thank you.

More
8 years 6 months ago #120 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic No menu show
I have checked faqs and everythings but I cannot Find a solution.
For Common user the kunena menù at top is not shown, while admins can see it. But not in forum homepage. I Think I have this issue after upgrading from 1.7 to 2.0

A bug?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds