Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
12 years 3 months ago #501 by sozzled
On your production website, when you're trying to edit your profile, look at the source code. You have the following Javascript libraries loaded:
Code:
<script src="/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/modal.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/components/com_k2/js/k2.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://www.countdown2chaos.com/components/com_kunena/js/slimbox/slimbox-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://www.countdown2chaos.com/components/com_kunena/template/default/js/default-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/plugins/system/rokbox/rokbox.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/cache/js-c7f1644c623216ea2239885f788ca501.php" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/modules/mod_snowfalling/mod_snowfalling.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://www.countdown2chaos.com/media/system/js/validate.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/modules/mod_rokminievents/tmpl/js/rokminievents.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/modules/mod_rokminievents/tmpl/js/rokslider.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.bumpin.com/clients/bsb_V1.0/bsb_8464.js"> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://static.tsviewer.com/short_expire/js/ts3viewer_loader.js"></script>
There is other Javascript, too, but let's just look at this lot. Count them up: that's over 15 references to Javascript libraries that have to be loaded whenever your users visit the page that allows them to update their user profile.

Of these, Kunena (and Joomla) needs 3. Those three are:
Code:
<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://www.countdown2chaos.com/components/com_kunena/js/slimbox/slimbox-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://www.countdown2chaos.com/components/com_kunena/template/default/js/default-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Everything else is unnecessary.

Your task is to find out what is loading these other libraries and figure out why they're being loaded, if they're necessary, and how to stop them from being loaded. One of these things is causing a problem. My guess it's the jQuery ones. There's a script error on your page:

jQuery.noConflict(go); - go is not defined.

Question for you to answer: What are you using jQuery with?
The following user(s) said Thank You: JuggZaPoppiN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #502 by coolthud
Hi,

I've been researching the user profile editing problem where the menu/tabs cannot be clicked here on the support site. I'm a new user to both Joomla and Kunena so would just like to double check Im hopefully about to do the right thing to fix the problem.

I've read the two wiki articles, and from that I'm thinking that I need to upgrade my Mootools.js to 1.2 as I'm currently running 1.1.3 I think it was. Im running a Rocket Theme template at the moment too. Legacy Mode is disabled.

Have I got the right solution there for that problem? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks for your confirmation/advice. Its much appreciated.

Jason

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 5M

Joomla default template details : rt_nebulae_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: November 11, 2011

Kunena default template details : Aphotic | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-23-09

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by coolthud.

More
12 years 3 months ago #503 by sozzled
G'day, coolthud, and welcome to Kunena.

See msg #1 in this topic and follow the advice given in the links. I think the clue is your Rockettheme template. ;)

More
12 years 3 months ago #504 by JuggZaPoppiN
Thank you for all your help on this one.
It turned out that the Login Register module that I was using was the culprit.

It was using JQuery for google API's
I couldnt find a way to fix that so I just switched out the module and all is well now. :)

Again, thank you for all your help.
It is greatly appreciated :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #505 by onz
Hello !

i spend two hours tp find a way for fixing two problems:

i can't edit my own profile in my ownkunena for um
and i can't edit avatar too...

demosite:

www.lostcantina.com/in/index.php?option=...w=listcat&Itemid=146

user test
password test

At least;

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : rt_enigma | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: October 30, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.7.1

Modules: None

an idea ?

i try some tricks (titlespan off, rockbox off etc ....

it didn't work

thank you !

More
12 years 3 months ago #506 by antonitus
After reading these posts about mootools, I found a plugin in my Joomla Plugin page called "System - Mootools Upgrade". This was disabled so I enabled it and now I see the profile information after refreshing the profiles page on the forum. I hope this helps people sort this out. B)

More
12 years 3 months ago #507 by xillibit
Hello,

I have just tried it now and it's working, so i think you have fixed the issue

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #508 by antonitus
Hi xillibit,

I am very happy to help with this brilliant forum script. It's excellent and I enjoy tinkering with it.

===

Sorry xillibit, I thought you were responding to my solution, probably a different problem.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by antonitus.

More
12 years 3 months ago #509 by sozzled
antonitus: xillibit's reply was addressed to onz. I apologise for confusing you when I merged these topics together. onz's problem has the same cause as everything contained in this topic. The solution lies in reading msg #1 of this topic and following the link in that message.

More
12 years 3 months ago #510 by antonitus
Oh I see, sorry. However I solved the problem with the profile's tabs not working if this is a different issue. Apologies for the confusion although I never really solved my issue with msg #1.

Time to create page: 0.889 seconds